I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:03 am

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
Any thoughts on Benson staying the starter all year now that Lovie has shook up the O by switching to Griese...He doesn't seem to have any "grit/fire" to him. I think he needs to start showing more or Lovie may have to either bench him or start giving Peterson more carries. That's especially true if the Bears don't turn things around in the Win/Loss column. A few more losses and weak offensive efforts and the QB position won't be the only one under fire.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:04 am

If Jackson and Morency don't play the Packers will have to start Grant or Wynn. And even if Morency plays, it's doubtful he does much. So yea, there's a good chance Grant starts. It's a brutal matchup, though, and I don't expect the Packers to run much.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:06 am

What makes people think that Brian Leonard can do what Steven Jackson could not?

Has Jackson been playing through injury all season...or did you see a play where the groin tear occured last week?

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:07 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I'm waiting for the DVD release of Pirates #3 as well. Number one on the list of desired DVDs.12/4/07 release date

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:08 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I'm waiting for the DVD release of Pirates #3 as well. Number one on the list of desired DVDs.12/4/07 release date [/QUOTE]Damn.

I figured they'd milk it for the Christmas season.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:08 am

Tom-

You are on a small aircraft with Greg A and Brett Favre. Its Super Bowl weekend 2008 and you are flying to the big game where the Packers are playing the Patriots,,,

All of the sudden, the engines fail totally.

There are only 2 parachutes, who gets the 2nd one? Favre or Greg ?
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:09 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
What makes people think that Brian Leonard can do what Steven Jackson could not?

Has Jackson been playing through injury all season...or did you see a play where the groin tear occured last week?

~Lance Jackson did have a huge rushing game last week so it's not like he's been brutal the entire season. Another point is the Rams' RBs have caught a combined 14 passes in the first three games. Remove one of those RBs and now you have one guy (Leonard) who could catch 4-5 passes each - that makes him a very nice option in PPR leagues. I don't think Leonard goes off but I do think he can get 80-90 total yards a game with 4-5 TDs and an outside shot at a TD. I think that's worth a gamble in a lot of leagues. Greg and I are giving serious consideration to starting him (and Dayne) this week in WCOFF. Pretty sure neither one of us saw that coming this early in the season. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:09 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
Tom-

You are on a small aircraft with Greg A and Brett Favre. Its Super Bowl weekend 2008 and you are flying to the big game where the Packers are playing the Patriots,,,

All of the sudden, the engines fail totally.

There are only 2 parachutes, who gets the 2nd one? Favre or Greg ? They get the two and I land the plane like Indiana Jones in the "Temple of Doom." :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:10 am

Brett is a strong dude.

~Long John Silver

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:10 am

Back to the Packers' RB situation, Jackson missed practice again while Morency practiced so it looks like it'll be the incredible trio of Grant, Wynn and Morency to face the Vikings this week.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich