Thursday Chat Has Begun

GOD Loves You

Thursday Chat Has Begun

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:20 am

It's quite interesting Hansen gives his contest winner a chance to play with you guys. That has to be quite the thrill for them. The guy a couple years ago almost won the league. That would be something to brag about.

I know you want that big screen this year. Getting Rhodes so late has to have you quite excited.

Do you think he can keep the job all year? I am not sold on Addai like others. You?
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

Thursday Chat Has Begun

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:23 am

In a DC draft, do you think it's crazy taking 2 top flight TE's early?

Tom Kessenich

Thursday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:25 am

I'm not sold on Addai being the full-time guy either. I wrote something on our Web site a few weeks ago comparing Rhodes to Mike Anderson. I'm not saying Rhodes will be that good but in terms of being a veteran who people keep overlooking as they focus on the more heavily hyped younger "talent" I think the comparision is on the mark. I think Rhodes is going to be better than a lot of people think.

I can't think of any draft where I'd want to take 2 TEs early but that's just me.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

GOD Loves You

Thursday Chat Has Begun

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:30 am

Have a great day everyone. Parental duties are calling. Don't the kids know it's fantasy time!

TamuScarecrow

Thursday Chat Has Begun

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:32 am

Tom, do you see Kerry Collins going anywhere soon or will it be a wait-and-see who goes down first? Also in the mocks we've been seeing Edge dropping down to the 8-10 range. Your thoughts?
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Tom Kessenich

Thursday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:33 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
TK - do you feel that what happened with Big Ben will have any ill effects on the skill position players in Pitt including the QB himself?...SNAKE It could. But that is a run-first offense so if Roethlisberger struggles early it won't affect too many people other than Ward. I think Miller's a bit over-rated to be honest. I do like Wilson as a sleeper pick, though.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Thursday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:35 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Tom, do you see Kerry Collins going anywhere soon or will it be a wait-and-see who goes down first? Also in the mocks we've been seeing Edge dropping down to the 8-10 range. Your thoughts? Collins could end up in Tennessee. What's odd is while he isn't great by any means he's better than a lot of current starting QBs. The fascination some teams have with poor QBs **coughRexGrossmancough** never ceases to amaze me.

I think it's tough to rank Edge any higher than 6th which is where he have them. And if I felt a lot better about the guys behind him I'd move him to the 8-10 range but I don't. I do think Edge's production drops off but I think he'll still get enough touches and generate enough yardage to be no worse than a decent RB1. As far as how many TDs he'll score well ...
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TamuScarecrow

Thursday Chat Has Begun

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:38 am

Just wondering, Tom, as I had fun getting him and Peyton in the #10 spot the other night in a mock. Grabbed Willie Parker coming back in the 3rd which I don't see happening 2 months from now either.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ