My Week 6 Vibes

pizzatyme

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:21 am

I'm just going by the infinite wisdom of some of the MB greats!

That is all, I'm out.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:24 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
I'm not trying to say Carr is great or good for that matter. What I'm saying is that you need to be careful to consider benching Smith, because he will get his no matter what, according to some.

Never bench your studs, they will always get theirs! We're 1/3 of the way through the season. At this point, who we thought or expected to be studs may no longer fit that description. As I said, don't chase the name, chase the consistent production.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:32 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
I'm not trying to say Carr is great or good for that matter. What I'm saying is that you need to be careful to consider benching Smith, because he will get his no matter what, according to some.

Never bench your studs, they will always get theirs! I DON'T SMITH HAS REACHED BENCHED STATUS. HOWEVER LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS BY ALOT. INSTEAD OF CHAD JOHNSON/RANDY MOSS NUMBERS LOOK MORE FOR GREG JENNINGS TYPE NUMBERS WHICH ARE NOT TERRIBLE.

KOTRAX

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:33 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:

Never bench your studs, they will always get theirs! We're 1/3 of the way through the season. At this point, who we thought or expected to be studs may no longer fit that description. As I said, don't chase the name, chase the consistent production.
[/QUOTE]WELL PUT TOM!!!!! I AGREE WITH THAT 100%

[ October 10, 2007, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: KOTRAX ]

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:35 am

I think you still start Smith in Start 3 WR leagues. But if you have three Top 25 WRs on your roster I would give strong consideration to using them until we saw some signs Carr can play better. In leagues where you only start 2 WRs I would not be excited about starting Smith right now.

The primary point here is if Smith falls to WR 20-30 range (which would actually be an upgrade from the past three weeks) that means you need someone else on your roster to significantly outperform expectations just to compensate for what you're losing from Smith. That's the double whammy when an elite player hits the skids.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

sportsbettingman

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:40 am

[/QUOTE]I agree this is wise to do...separate the players from their stats. Remove the flash and face and team and jersey number...it's all about the stats.

I just have a problem doing that...and hang on too long. I think to myself..."Everyone's going to bench him this week, and I'll have him starting...and this will be his breakout game, and I'll gain on all those other teams that have this player on their bench!"

But the smart thing would be to bench him and wait for him to turn it around. You get solid performance from your backups that will more than compensate for the breakout game...and once he breaks out...you can stick him back into your lineup...only losing out on that ONE game.

~Lance (Harder to do for me.)
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

williamhare

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by williamhare » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:47 am

Does Lee Evans profile as immed bench material?
What is the #1 prob there? Double-teamed and can't get deep? Blasted Badger.
HMan83

KOTRAX

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:57 am

Originally posted by Hman83:
Does Lee Evans profile as immed bench material?
What is the #1 prob there? Double-teamed and can't get deep? Blasted Badger.
HMan83 HE SURE IS WORKING ON IT. ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH LEE EVANS IS THAT HIS STATS GETS PADDED BECAUSE WHEN HE EXPLODES, HE EXPLODES AND SINGLE HANDEDLY BEAT A FANTASY TEAM. JUST A FRUSTRATING PLAYER TO HAVE.

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:07 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

[/QUOTE]I agree this is wise to do...separate the players from their stats. Remove the flash and face and team and jersey number...it's all about the stats.

I just have a problem doing that...and hang on too long. I think to myself..."Everyone's going to bench him this week, and I'll have him starting...and this will be his breakout game, and I'll gain on all those other teams that have this player on their bench!"

But the smart thing would be to bench him and wait for him to turn it around. You get solid performance from your backups that will more than compensate for the breakout game...and once he breaks out...you can stick him back into your lineup...only losing out on that ONE game.

~Lance (Harder to do for me.)
[/QUOTE]I'm sure Greg and I will start him in WCOFF this week. I'll be starting him in my Main League but I don't really have a choice with Branch hurt and Walker and McDonald on byes.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TamuScarecrow

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:13 am

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- in the Monday night game Romo had Jones 5-7 yards in front of him wide open. Instead of throwing it to him, he decided to run and fumbled. I can't figure out why the Cowboys are so afraid to throw it to Jones
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems abundantly clear that Romo has complete trust in Barber and absolutely no trust in Jones. The play calling puts Jones in situations to succeed BUT Romo doesn't allow it as your example points out. Had that been Barber, Romo would have dumped it off to him. There seemed to be at least 3 or 4 times that Jones was the best receiving option in that game and Romo went elsewhere.It was abundantly clear the umpire was standing next to JJ and Romo was afraid of throwing another interception. :D :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ