Would You Be In Favor Of Ranking Your Draft Spots?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:06 am

Originally posted by UFS:
I don't watch the WCOFF boards, but as soon as ZMen and GG get banned, you'll know you have a great idea. why would i get banned?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:18 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
I don't watch the WCOFF boards, but as soon as ZMen and GG get banned, you'll know you have a great idea. why would i get banned? [/QUOTE]I could be wrong, but I've heard the ban people when on those boards when they don't like what they see.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:23 am

Originally posted by UFS:
I could be wrong, but I've heard the ban people when on those boards when they don't like what they see. you're probably right about banning folks, but why wouldn't they like what they see with me?

i'm not out to get anyone; just to find the PERFECT high stakes event. in cases where processes aren't perfect, i propose better alternatives. that's all.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:24 am

John, I knew you were at the game last night. I'm sure you were there with your son. Good fun, I trust.

I will delete that part that says you were correct about anything very soon. Must have been a lapse in my good judgement. And if you ever bring it up in conversation, I'll deny it.

Next thing you know I'll say Gekko was right about something. Maybe someone should ban me from these boards. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:32 am

Even though I am not a big proponent on this blind bidding idea it would not stop me from continuing to participate in the NFFC and doubt that it would have that much of a negative impact as far as scaring away new players.

It really is not that difficult of a process to comprehend, at all. Plus, I think the as far as attracting new players the negatives and positives will probably cancel each other out so shouldn't really expect a dropoff in signups.

However, I still don't really see what the big stink is with random drawings. Everybody on here seems to think that they are the only ones getting screwed by bad slots and some dumb idiot is just lucking out with number 1. Even with blind bidding there is still only going to be 1 of 14 owners picking first with someone still picking last, and so on. These same complaints on draft spots will continue regardless.

renman

Post by renman » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:22 pm

billywaz...

many good points... but the point with the newbies is they WONT JOIN if they see something that intimidates them...not that they can just not bid and take the spots to draft from that are left over... i am all for bidding for draft position once the event is a full field...

you must not be reading my posts clearly.. i am FOR BIDDING FOR DRAFT POSITION.. that is the ideal circumstance... i am simply saying that adding that to this event may likely make it harder to GROW THE EVENT with fresh blood...

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:28 pm

As far as all this draft position talk,no matter what way you guys go ill be back for many years to come.But if you guys are looking for skill,and to make people think more, then bidding is the way to go.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:39 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[QUOTE]Remember, some leagues may have crazy owners who spend wildly for draft spots, allowing other owners to accumulate all of the good free agent pickups. That might tip the scales towards a few teams in the overall contest because not everyone was playing from the same level of competition. Using in-season FAAB for draft slots does have that drawback, which nobody has brought up yet. Here's an idea:

Give every owner $500 to bid on draft slots. Any dollars left over after such bidding will be added to the $1000 we initially begin with. This prevents your worry about those "wild" owners.

To put it differently, everyone starts with $1500 bidding money but can bid no more than $500 on a draft slot.

-z-

[ October 11, 2005, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Z-Men ]
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:59 pm

Why don't we just put 14 guys in a ring and let us beat the crap out of each other. Last man standing gets his pick of the draft...2nd man standing, 2nd pick...etc...I know exactly who's league I'd like to be in.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:00 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Why don't we just put 14 guys in a ring and let us beat the crap out of each other. Last man standing gets his pick of the draft...2nd man standing, 2nd pick...etc...I know exactly who's league I'd like to be in. :D :D :D LOL