Fanball.com Acquires NFFC, F+W Fantasy Products

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:13 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Interesting:

Fanball will have Tom Kessenich over seeing draft in Vegas and Greg Ambrosius taken the lead in ChiTown, while Ryan Houston will be in NYC. :eek:

I can't wait to meet Ryan I hear he's a nice guy,

John Ryan has seen me drink the Corona's in Las Vegas. I think he knows I BELONG there each year!!! :D Tom LOVES New York City, so stop making me feel guilty that he never gets to go to Sin City. That's just not a place Tom should visit twice a year, if you know what I mean!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:22 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by GK:
[qb] .that, and of course the reassurrance (not that it's EVER been needed and/or an issue here naturally) that the winners will indeed be paid for 2009 (of which SNAKE certainly plans on being this upcoming season AGAIN - hehehe)...thanks much...SNAKE [/QUOTE]This is an EXCELLENT area of discussion. Trust me, NOBODY is more pissed off about AFFL.com and FantasyJungle not paying their customers the last two years than me. I've been in this industry 20 years and myself and Charlie were founding members of the Fantasy Sports Players Association, which was originally set up to promote the industry and protect fantasy players from getting ripped off by game operators. So nobody is more serious about paying in full and on time than us.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from one of our very best players in NFFC history who said he won $6,000 in FantasyJungle last year and hasn't seen a penny and thus can't afford to play NFFC this year since he works in the automotive industry in Michigan. He's one of the best and most dedicated players we have and he's sitting out a year with us because another contest ripped him off. Glenn, you know how important our prize money was to you last year and not only did we pay in full but we paid in the time you needed it.

Payment will not be an issue. It can't be with a high-stakes game. As for this year, I know the baseball money has already been transferred between the two companies and the accounting for this football was wired yesterday. Why do you think we took so long hitting your cards this year? We waited from Aug. 1 to Aug. 11 and finally just had to get started on this process before the lawyers finalized the contracts. Now Fanball is in charge of the proceeds and all is good. We'll be ready to pay on time for the NFBC and NFFC this year, no questions asked.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:24 am

As Greg can attest, I called this event a week ago! Now, if I can only call the right names with Bill on draft day! :D

Congrats guys!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

RyanHouston

Post by RyanHouston » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:33 am

http://www.fanball.com/draftandplay/?ArenaID=1

The beginning of the promotion juggernaut begins!
Ryan Houston
Fanball.com
Senior VP Marketing & Business Development
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ryanhouston

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:34 am

Originally posted by Ryan E. Houston:

The beginning of the promotion juggernaut begins! Ryan,

Will you be at one of the Locations for the Main League Drafts?

John

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:41 am

quote:Originally posted by Ryan E. Houston:

John
[/QUOTE]Ryan may be heading our team in Chicago. That will all be discussed next week, but he could be the Windy City host with the most!! :D

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:43 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

John
[/QUOTE]Ryan may be heading our team in Chicago. That will all be discussed next week, but he could be the Windy City host with the most!! :D
[/QUOTE]Sure place the new kid in the worst City. :D

John

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:46 am

The NFFC format has been very successful and there is no doubt in my mind that it's safe the way it is. It would be crazy to buy a company and then take away what makes it successful.

But I do have to ask the question given all of the problems in the industry the past couple of years. I don't know anything at all about Fanball. How do I know that they are financially solid? I always felt very secure with Kraus holding the money and now it's being held by somebody that I'm not familiar with? Is there information online somewhere that speaks to their strength? Are the public or private? It's just a bit of a concern. The fact that Tom and Greg are going to work there makes me feel better about it but I still need to ask.

Thanks,

Wayne

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:47 am

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

John
[/QUOTE]Sure place the new kid in the worst City. :D

John
[/QUOTE]YEAH RIGHT JOHN!! DON'T BE JEALOUS!! :D :D

CHI-TOWN IS INDEED THE BEST!!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:57 am

Well done Greg! I like the new ideas and potential for the business - we as players certainly need sponsors/advertisers footing the bill for event expenses and more to make the NFFC/NFBC a sustainable/thriving business model AND one that ensures fair payouts for players.

Cross-promo posibilities between Liberty's media assets and fanball's fantasy portfolio definitely makes this sound like an ideal combination. Best of luck to you, Tom and the fanball team in making it all happen. :cool: