Thanks For The Shout Out On The FBG Boards, Gordon

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon May 23, 2005 11:29 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
our mutual friend told me that you are taking notes on what i say. looks like you never really get out of school. class will be in session again soon. Gotta give you credit for one thing, you are very good at but you need to try just a bit harder with me than that.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon May 23, 2005 11:44 am

Originally posted by Nag':
Gotta give you credit for one thing, you are very good at but you need to try just a bit harder with me than that. ya, it's all in good fun. actually the posters at footballguys seem like good guys (at first glance).

[ May 23, 2005, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon May 23, 2005 11:48 am

i like it when people tell me my thinking is flawed.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Mon May 23, 2005 1:11 pm

http://www.parents.com/articles/ages_an ... s/3091.jsp

When a child tends to boast much more than her peers, though, it's often because she doesn't get enough approval from her parents -- and she brags as a way of finding out whether she is valued, says Ervin Staub, Ph.D., a professor of psychology at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Sometimes it's the result of receiving too much praise -- giving the child the message that constant self-promotion is perfectly fine.

A child who suddenly starts boasting excessively may also be responding to new peer pressures. "You have to wonder what's going on in the child's environment," says Dr. Gorski. "Is he imitating another child? Is he being teased? Is he spending a lot of time in a setting where winning is all that matters, such as a sports program? It's best to discuss the situation with your child's preschool teacher or caregiver."

However, if your child simply expresses delight in his own accomplishments, experts say it's fine to reinforce these normal feelings. On the other hand, if your child seems to derive pleasure primarily from doing something better than someone else, your response can help provide valuable lessons in sensitivity to others' feelings.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Mon May 23, 2005 1:12 pm

One way to curb hurtful boasting is to help your preschooler find ways to praise playmates, says Dr. Gorski. "You could say to your child, 'Yes, you are good at this game. But look how well Adam is doing too. He's really trying to learn how to play. Let's tell him how much he has improved.'" Preschoolers may not be ready to offer such compliments on their own, but they'll learn about respect and consideration from your good example. "You're helping your child learn to appreciate others," Dr. Gorski adds, "and that's a very important lesson."
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon May 23, 2005 1:33 pm

Very few emotions are as negative and as self-destructive as the green-eyed "monster" known as jealousy. It has the power to cloud the mind and ignite self-destructive behavior. If left unchecked, the poisonous feelings of jealousy can evolve into a state of unhealthy rivalry, unresolved resentment, and mismanaged anger. However, with education and understanding, people may come to realize that they do not have to be slaves to these negative emotions if they can deal with jealous feelings positively and decisively.

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Mon May 23, 2005 1:55 pm

huh???? you guys lost me at hello -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon May 23, 2005 2:46 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
i like it when people tell me my thinking is flawed. Since we're all psychologists here...

When one is told their thinking maybe/is flawed, it can be a sign to stop & listen, for it is only with the help of others can one realize that one's thinking IS flawed. One can't do it himself - after all, it's one's OWN thinking.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon May 23, 2005 3:34 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
Since we're all psychologists here...

When one is told their thinking maybe/is flawed, it can be a sign to stop & listen, for it is only with the help of others can one realize that one's thinking IS flawed. One can't do it himself - after all, it's one's OWN thinking. mr nag - actually, i've found/learned/perfected a few things this past year. i'm not above "going back to the drawing board" if there is any chance it will help put me in a better position to win

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon May 23, 2005 10:25 pm

Geez, I jump on here and it is like the fantasy football version of the "Dr. Phil" show!

Let's cut through the B.S..... everyone is jealous of Gekko and wants to be just like him! ;)