Let's Try To Fix the Big Boston Classic Draft Mixup

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:09 am

You're treading on VERY dangerous ice Glenn. Consider that your final warning.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:17 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
I'm again shocked how many Colonel Jessups here that won't analyze a rule on the fly no matter how asinine it is. I'm guessing there an alterior motive for these people, like they know someone in the league, know Todd Zola or drafted in that league. Nobody is buying the horse manure deflections. ....agreed, amen and ditto!...hmmmm, funny, as if I posted that (even though many others here are allowed to do that and like me, were actually NOT in that now notoriously, infamous Boston league I'd be banned for a week on this MB) :D ...God Bless America and FREE SPEECH...just sayin'...GK [/QUOTE]

easy goes it snakes, the timeout chair is just a waitin' for you :D

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:26 am

Let's not forget his special cap. :D

renman

Post by renman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:28 am

Gk,

I admire your passion on the topic. But I don't see how you can have a re-draft unless all 13 owners agreed to it and were available at the same time all within 30 hours (unlikely).

I just don't see how it is possible. We can go back and review what could have or should have been done all day long. Most positive rule changes that have steadily improved the NFFC or fantasy football in general were born from something that went wrong.

Every league (including those you are in) has a certain luck element in it. I watched a team my friends online draft take Brees in the 1st round and Romo in the 3rd. Last night I was in my own online league and some clown didn't show up and got 5 RB's in his first 6 picks thanks to auto draft. The auto draft guaranteed certain players I was targeting (that were falling in real drafts with real people) would not fall to me because of how they were ranked in the system and his absent team was guaranteed to get them. It DEFINATELY negatively impacted the drafting experience and I was certainly disappointed.

I can get as frustrated as anyone when I sense a lack of fairness. I was very vocal last year with my feeling that the game operators should have made an "executive decision" regardless of what black and white rules say when the hurricane cancelled a game and left many owners (including me) with zero's in their lineups.

The only thing I see that can be done now is to allow this absent owner to pick up some of the left overs NOW before week one to replace dead spots on his roster on IR.

As it relates to the overall competition. You are an experienced fantasy player... countless things are going to happen from now until December that will dramatically change the balance of NFFC power among teams. Some of the $100,000 winning teams in the past looked very pedestrian on draft day only to end up looking great at the end of the year due to injuries, unexpected players emerging, free agent pick ups, and whoever gets hot from weeks 14-16.

It was an unfortunate debacle. I think the NFFC will streamline rules because of it. We look forward to the NFL season for 8 months and it all starts tomorrow. Lets try to get past this and get pumped up for NFFC 2010!

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:31 am

You know what would be unprecedented? For a day to go by without you having to announce to everyone your accomplishments and how good you are.... :rolleyes:

I have great respect for players like CC's Desperados, KOQ, Quahogs, RoundTrippers and that crazy Cowboy fan Eddie G.

Those guys have success every year and usually in both sports. I never see them on here basking in the glory or pounding their chest and reminding all of us "Oh ya btw I'm really good"

Just an observation.....Please proceed with your non-sense, I mean snake-sense. ;)
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:40 am

I think we can shut this thread down. There is another thread Greg started where people can post if they want. We don't need three threads about the same thing. Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich