Live Scoring

Sandman62

Live Scoring

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:15 am

I too am a bit disappointed by the mysterious lack of comment from Tom and Greg all weekend??? :confused: Maybe they and the rest of Fanball are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get things fixed. But a brief message of status and/or reassurance would be nice.

[ September 13, 2010, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Ry's Guys

Live Scoring

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am

Not making any excuses here but I think Greg and Tom are traveling today. Hopefully this does get fixed as I enjoy/need to follow every yard my team gains every weekend!!! That's just how I roll!
Pat Sorge

Sandman62

Live Scoring

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks for the info. Even still, with this being the initial launch weekend with the new scoring software, and after the initial issues with the draft software, shouldn't SOMEONE from Fanball have been around to address the issues? :rolleyes:

Tom Kessenich

Live Scoring

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:22 am

Greg and I were traveling this weekend. I just got home and this is the first chance I've had to get on the boards. Greg and I were checking our emails yesterday and I think between the two of us we heard from 4-5 people who were having issues of some kind with Live Scoring. Neither one of us received a single phone call from anyone saying they were having a problem.

I'll forward this thread to our programmers but what they will need to know is what browser are you using? That is important information because Internet Explorer has created a number of problems not just related to the NFFC or NFBC. Personally, I stopped using that browser nearly a decade ago because I found it to be highly unreliable. I strongly recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox. Both only take about 5 minutes to download and in my opinion they are both MUCH better browsers than IE for a number of reasons.

If those who had issues with Live Scoring yesterday were using Internet Explorer I know our programmers are aware of issues being caused by IE and are working on them. Going forward please let us know what browser you are using and what specific issues or error messages etc. you are receiving so our programmers can have as much information to work with as possible.

[ September 13, 2010, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Live Scoring

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:24 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Thanks for the info. Even still, with this being the initial launch weekend with the new scoring software, and after the initial issues with the draft software, shouldn't SOMEONE from Fanball have been around to address the issues? :rolleyes: Our programmers were working yesterday Mike. As I explained above, nobody was emailing Greg or I to let us know they were having any problems so we had no reason to contact our programmers. In the future, please email myself or Greg and we'll forward the info to our programmers so they can take a look at what might be going wrong.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

SkinRod

Live Scoring

Post by SkinRod » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 am

Just wondering Tom, if the problem might be fixed before tonights games. I have absolutely no access to the site.

Tom Kessenich

Live Scoring

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:30 am

Originally posted by SkinRod:
Just wondering Tom, if the problem might be fixed before tonights games. I have absolutely no access to the site. If you're unable to access the NFFC site at nffc.fanball.com please email me with your user name and password and we'll get that fixed.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

GOD Loves You

Live Scoring

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:51 am

Tom, will you, or Greg, or anybody with a say address my previous postings?

I could care less to have all my teams live scoring open at the same time, but it would be nice to at least be on par with those paying as low as $10 in "draft and play" leagues.

FYI: Not to be a pr!ck, but just because you guys didn't receive any phone calls means absolutely nothing. I'd venture to say many phone calls/e-mails weren't made due to the realization that we are stuck with inferior products from fanball......the NFBC folks probably figured...."yes, this is just about right." The inferior product comment is the truth, whether you guys want to admit it or not.

People think, "eh, Greg and Tom will get all the kinks worked out".....but, as I've stated numerous times before, Fanball's software has been one of the worst in the industry for years, WHY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????I'm not complaining, I would seriously like to know. It makes no sense how this one company continues have software problems year after year.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Tom Kessenich

Live Scoring

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:57 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

FYI: Not to be a pr!ck, but just because you guys didn't receive any phone calls means absolutely nothing. I'd venture to say many phone calls/e-mails weren't made due to the realization that we are stuck with inferior products from fanball......the NFBC folks probably figured...."yes, this is just about right." The inferior product comment is the truth, whether you guys want to admit it or not.
Patrick, I'm not sure how anyone can expect problems to be fixed if Greg and I aren't being told about the problems. Yes, there was this thread but Greg and I were both traveling and this is the first chance either one of us has seen it. We have run this event for seven seasons now and everyone here knows how to contact us. If you do not, I will post the information below. If you are having problems on Game Days PLEASE let us know and we will forward the information to those who can work to fix it. If you decide not to post anything because of issues (real or imagined) you may have had with Fanball in the past, that doesn't do anyone any good to fix legitimate issues that may be happening now.

Here is our contact information:

Greg: [email protected]/715 254-5553
Tom: [email protected]/715 254-5559

Please use this information in the future. Greg and I are not on the boards 24/7. We are, however, always checking emails and voice mails. We were together the entire day yesterday and neither one of us received a single phone call from anyone saying they were having Live Scoring issues. Therefore we can't have our programmers - who were all available to work on any issues - fix these problems. Going forward, please contact one or both of us and we'll get the information to the proper people and see if we can get the issues fixed in a timely fashion.

Thanks.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Live Scoring

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Ok Tom, that's what I'll do in the future. But I thought specifically that you and Greg would've preferred not to have your cell phone email flooded when all of the issues are neatly consolidated here on the boards. IMO, it would seem more productive for you to have at least one Fanball person monitor the boards on Sunday.

But it's not my place to dictate how you do your job. So in the future, I (and likely numerous others) will directly contact you or Greg.