ELIAS Stats Revisions?

BLACKHAND

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:50 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sandman62:
[QB] Renman,

So if the refs blew a TD call (not just a catch vs. penalty), and they didn't award an obvious TD... should that be allowed to be changed the next day because it was the right call? What if adding a TD would change the outcome of the game? Are they going to change that too and say, "Nope, team A now wins instead of team B"??? What if there was a lot more game to be played after the errant call?

the only thing with that is a scoring play would be reviewed and the catch would count. this play has no meaning for me but i think the NFL should have just left it alone. this is going to stir things up the rest of the season.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

renman

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by renman » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:51 am

Greg,

I didn't "back" snake. Are you kidding? I listed a number of things that he does or has done that clearly bother people and are offputting. I didn't support him. I didn't endorse doing those things.

I "backed" IGNORING things people don't like on a message board. This happens to be the exact thing you and Tom have been calling for here for years.

If you want an example of how easily people can be unreasonable here just look at what you just did and called me out by name. Again, I said " ignore snake if you don't like what snake says..." That is backing him?

This is why I barely post here any more after being VERY active for years regularly trying to fuel good FOOTBALL discussion among expect level football enthusiasts.

joetreff

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by joetreff » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:59 am

Excellent points, Nicks was way out of bounds and never ever should've gotten credit for the catch

[ September 22, 2011, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

Tom Kessenich

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:01 am

James, Greg and I have been deluged with emails and phone calls from people who tell us they don't like posting or even coming to the NFFC boards because one person is dominating this forum relentlessly.

We have asked Glenn repeatedly to not dominate this forum. He doesn't need to dominate every discussion. He doesn't need to get the last word in every thread. It simply is unnecessary and no other participant in this event comes close to behaving the same way. Glenn is a good player; his track record speaks for itself and he does bring some good discussion. But there is no reason for any poster to dominate this entire forum and every thread in it. It's just too much and it's been too much.

Criticize Greg and I for being too forgiving but we don't want to be banning people from the boards. It's not the way we operate or want to operate. But when the simplest of requests is repeatedly ignored we have to take action and we've done so today.

All that being said, there's no reason to discuss Glenn in this thread or elsewhere. So let's all move on from that subject. There's plenty of football we can talk about instead, including this unbelievable decision by the NFL. I cannot believe the precedent they have put in place with this decision.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:03 am

how do you know the giants didnt accept the penalty ? i think it was close enuf to review if he had both feet in. so if the giants did not accept the penalty would they not review the play.

joetreff

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by joetreff » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:08 am

You guys are all correct, good points

[ September 22, 2011, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

mkrucek

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by mkrucek » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:10 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
quote:Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
quote:Originally posted by felixflamingo:
quote:Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
quote:Originally posted by felixflamingo:
Nicks came down with the ball and two feet inbounds for 23 yards, the penalty was for def pass interference...the judges moved the ball to the spot saying they accepted the penalty. But the Giants never accepted it, the judges just said they did and moved the ball. Plus it didn't matter whether they accepted it or not, it was first down at the same spot either way. So at the time and in the real game it didn't matter one bit...

They corrected it later. Nicks made the catch and they gave him the yards. I can't believe the confusion here. Not even close to correct. Nicks gained two more yards had they called it a catch on the field.
[/QUOTE]23 yards isn't even close to correct? Must be somewhat close since that's what they credited him for. Maybe a little close?
[/QUOTE]Nope, not close. Over two yards off. The point of why it should not be changed has sailed over your head. Horrible precedent set by NFL/Elias here. Now making changes that have nothing to do with scoring is very bad.
[/QUOTE]Can see I'm not winning this one apparently. Somehow you "know" it should be 25 yards not 23 but the refs called pass interference and gave them 23...and 23 is not close to 25. Good stuff...message board legend.

The Giants never accepted the penalty, the refs moved the ball to the spot of the foul and never asked if they accepted...that's why it got changed later.

Go Elias! awesome precedent. Get it correct.
[/QUOTE]What do you mean the Giants never accepted the penalty? Of course they did. There was no reason to use a challenge which the Giants would have to have done. Even if they win the challenge it removes one for later when it would have mattered. They accepted the penalty. Seems like a pretty simple concept. Elias didn't change the scoring here - they changed an on-field ruling. Bad precedent, as it is not up to them to make interpretations of rules.

edit - so do you think the td should be taken away from Sproles?

[ September 22, 2011, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: 4D ]
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Tom Kessenich

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:14 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:

If Hixon and Micks came down with it at the same time and later they watched the tape and decided that Nicks actually got it then nobody would complain.

Question: If Ryan Braun hits a foul ball today that is later shown via replay to have clearly been a home run will MLB step in and give Braun a home run?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:17 am

4D .... you nailed the point. this is going to cause problems down the road.

joetreff

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by joetreff » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 am

Excellent points, Nicks was way out of bounds and never ever should've gotten credit for the catch

[ September 22, 2011, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]