Free Agency 2X Per Week

Jersey Dawg

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Personally, I don't like the concept of two waiver periods, especially all season. My head already feels like it will explode going through this once a week.

I don't see how the Thursday game should impact the waiver period at all. I still see nothing wrong with just having it on Friday. If your only Defense or Kicker or QB is playing Thursday, screw it and leave him on the bench. Pick up someone of Friday to plug in on Sunday instead.

If it had to be twice, I would prefer the second to be Saturday evening. No reason I can think of to make it Sunday at 9:00... How does that differ for anyone from Sat evening???

Pete

kjduke

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by kjduke » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:03 pm

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
The first period most of the players of interest would be gone. The second period would be minor team maintenance-a player who slip through the crack, a late injury, or even the hurricane situation. ... and this is backwards - the Wednesday FAAB should be a minor run for Thursday players only.

I don't want to have to make decision for the weekend's games on Wednesday.
[/QUOTE]Isn't that what you have to do now? I don't see this happenning.

So you prefer things to stay the same or do you like the present system used by the WCOFF during the Thursday game weeks?
[/QUOTE]Shawn, I don't like either system, because as you said most of the top talent is gone on Wednesday, it shouldn't be IMO --- Sunday players should be auctioned on Friday. If people absolutely have to have a waiver period on Wednesday, make it only for those players with Thursday games.

If there is one waiver period it should be on Friday.

[ November 14, 2008, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

RC Techies

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by RC Techies » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:11 pm

I am in favor of having two free agency periods. Wednesday and * are good with me. Friday's are fine, Saturday is okay, and I will deal with Sundays.

pizzatyme

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:55 pm

Sundays in a FAAB scenario is a bad idea. Too short of window for many of the players.

Sunday in a Free-for-All scenario is fine and eliminates the necessity for a Weds. FAAB period.

Weds. FAAB period complicates the hell out of the program.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

mikeybok

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by mikeybok » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:13 pm

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:

I don't see how the Thursday game should impact the waiver period at all. I still see nothing wrong with just having it on Friday. If your only Defense or Kicker or QB is playing Thursday, screw it and leave him on the bench. Pick up someone of Friday to plug in on Sunday instead.
Good job Pete ... did everyone miss this?
Hakuna Matata!

Ted's Cracked Head

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:20 pm

Pete may be right?

Just Fridays should be good. Thursday is just one game that you plan for the week before in FA and you can still fill your roster on Friday.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

pizzatyme

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:

If your only Defense or Kicker or QB is playing Thursday, screw it and leave him on the bench. Pick up someone of Friday to plug in on Sunday instead.
Good job Pete ... did everyone miss this?
[/QUOTE]Nope.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

King of Queens

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by King of Queens » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:48 pm

Originally posted by Rob B:
Just Fridays should be good. Thursday is just one game that you plan for the week before in FA and you can still fill your roster on Friday. Programming Note: in Week 13, there are 3 Thursday games.

Ted's Cracked Head

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:49 pm

20 player rosters would help in week 13 then.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Captain Hook

Free Agency 2X Per Week

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:

Pete Pete - great question....BUT if you did that wouldn't you get a message for invalid lineup?

If you did and didn't correct it would a player who was playing get scored correctly?

None of us would have done this on purpose at this point in the year....but has it happened to anyone by accident?

Greg - can you ask STATS what would happen?