Live Chat With Greg A. On Monday At 3 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:33 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Max Factor:
Who do you see as the top 5 wrs leaders in receptions? Well, I just can't see Wes Welker coming back to play from Week 1, so I'm leaving him off my list. There's just no way he could make it back that quickly, in my opinion. If he does, WOW.

Okay, so having said that, here's my Top 5:

1. Andre Johnson
2. Randy Moss
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Reggie Wayne
5. Brandon Marshall

AJ is going to be unstoppable and Moss now has to get even more targets, even if Brady has to force-feed him the ball. I think Fitz gets force-fed the ball, too. Wayne and Marshall will still get their share of balls.
[/QUOTE]Not the sexiest choice but Roddy White is virtually no risk to be 4 or 5 on that list imo.
[/QUOTE]Yeah, you can add White or Sidney Rice or Miles Austin possibly or any number of players. All will do nicely.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:40 am

Greg

Pre-draft what tools do I have with the software? What kind of player rankings that can be edited etc?

Matt

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:41 am

On a similar note, what is your plan if some of the on line championship leagues don't fill?
Jeff Potok

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:46 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
Greg

Pre-draft what tools do I have with the software? What kind of player rankings that can be edited etc?

Matt Yeah, you'll really like the new draft software. The guys from baseball can fill you in better than I can, but you'll definitely have a default ranking from Fanball that we can update regularly. We're going to give Geoff access to this so that we can update our ADP rankings regularly so that if anyone times out you won't be getting someone like LenDale White.

There will be a second ranking system called My Rankings where you can set your rankings and then save them. That way you can transfer your rankings to every draft you participate in after that and update your list. During the draft, you can go back and forth between the Default rankings and My Rankings if you'd like. There's a draft grid there, your roster, other team rosters, draft clock, etc. It's a nice, nice setup and best of all we have Geoff Stein running all of this for us while giving us his expertise from his many years at MDC.com.

We're in great, great shape with the online drafts and the mock draft lobby is going to be great tool for you folks. We are going to have mock drafts going on at all times of the day and you can pick whatever draft spot you want to practice from. We also have NFFC formats, serpentine formats, 10 teams, 12 teams, 14 teams, all kinds of options. And there will be ADPs with all of those formats. Very, very nice setup that you'll see very soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
On a similar note, what is your plan if some of the on line championship leagues don't fill? We've had pretty good practice in this. For many of the early leagues we'll cut them off once we get to a multiple of 12 unless we have plenty of time to fill up another league. But yeah, if any of them don't fill then Tom contacts each owner to see if another date will work for them and we fill up later dates as we go. The key is getting to multiple of 12 and then closing them off. We can't push for every last signup on a certain date, especially when we have so many dates available. This works pretty well and you'll see us pushing certain dates that are close to filling and then taking them off the Registration page.

I couldn't be happier with the response to the Online Championship right now. We started late obviously with the signups, but already have more than 225 teams and interest is strong for the early dates and the late dates. We also have the $75,000 cash bonus for anyone who wins both the Online Championship and the Classic and a Combined Standings prize for the top teams in both of those contests. If you have a Classic team, please take an Online Championship team because Lindy Hinkelman proved in baseball this can be done. He added $75,000 to his winnings last year and all he had was two online teams to go with his winning Classic team.

Money

Post by Money » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:58 am

Thanks for taking the time to do this Greg !!
Joe

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:58 am

C'mon, no Packer or Viking questions?!! :D No industry questions from those investigative reporters? :D Okay, I will be around to answer any questions you may have, but I also have to take care of some signups and other items. Thanks everyone for the great questions and keep 'em coming. I'm ready for anything you have for me.

Gekko and the King1

Post by Gekko and the King1 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
This is my first year with Fanball's live scoring for football, but we currently have it for baseball and really haven't had many hiccups at all. Our only trouble was early on getting the categories in the order the players wanted and the ones they wanted. Once we got that done, things have been very smooth. We get the live feed from STATS, Inc., so they are immediate. this week, i just started looking at the live scoring for the NFBC leagues i'm in. VERY impressive. stats are there within seconds and the standing update real-time. :cool:

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:07 am

Greg...will we have any access to ADP data from real money NFFC drafts prior to the Classic?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:10 am

When I win the 50k for the online championship how do I enter it on my maryland tax return?