nag

Greg Ambrosius

nag

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:02 am

Originally posted by Follow Me:
Greg,

Please, do include the Auction records in the Lifetime Records.

Tracking who made the Playoffs each year, who finished where in the Playoffs, Regular Season records, Regular Season Points Scored, etc., are all things we'd look back on and, hopefully, say, "I remember when...."

Thanks,
Mark We'll figure this one out and get it done.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Route Collectors

nag

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:04 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
UGT, Greg said he will be upgrading the league this year so that you can see NFFC career stats. This way, if/when you win a league, you can see the comparison of the competition that you faced. I'm sure there will be many of us around the NFFC for awhile, so we'll be able to legitamately boast or tuck our tail between our legs once the NFFC stats speak for themselves. It shouldn't be too hard to determine rankings once these stats are implemented. I hope he does it for the rest of the events as well ... as I don't enter the main event.

I would still like to see a league with you, Gekko , Nag, Route C, BillyWaz and the rest of the die hard players.
[/QUOTE]Too many #1 seeds in the same bracket for my blood. I'd rather face off in the playoffs against the better teams.

I'm doing the auction this year UYT so maybe you ,I and BWazz will be facing off in Chicago.

Do we have a head count or date for Hold em yet?
I'll be in town from Wednesday until the main event draft is done. :eek:

mikeybok

nag

Post by mikeybok » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:44 am

Originally posted by Route C:

I'll be in town from Wednesday until the main event draft is done. :eek: I am interested in some hold em ... I still need to figure out my plans that week. Let's discuss this closer to the event. I would like to keep this "very" informal anyway,
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

nag

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:01 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
UGT, Greg said he will be upgrading the league this year so that you can see NFFC career stats. This way, if/when you win a league, you can see the comparison of the competition that you faced. I'm sure there will be many of us around the NFFC for awhile, so we'll be able to legitamately boast or tuck our tail between our legs once the NFFC stats speak for themselves. It shouldn't be too hard to determine rankings once these stats are implemented. I hope he does it for the rest of the events as well ... as I don't enter the main event.

I would still like to see a league with you, Gekko , Nag, Route C, BillyWaz and the rest of the die hard players.
[/QUOTE]Too many #1 seeds in the same bracket for my blood. I'd rather face off in the playoffs against the better teams.

I'm doing the auction this year UYT so maybe you ,I and BWazz will be facing off in Chicago.

I'll be in town from Wednesday until the main event draft is done. :eek:
[/QUOTE]I am of course in for some hold'em. I get in EARLY Friday morning, but would be up for some hold'em that evening. Last I remember, Scarecrow was up for it too, but I aven't seen him on the board lately.

Beer, discussing the teams we drafted, and cards...

DAMN!.... it don't get much better than that! :D

I was planning on going to Harrah's Saturday after the draft. Anybody else going there?

mikeybok

nag

Post by mikeybok » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:09 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

I was planning on going to Harrah's Saturday after the draft. Anybody else going there? It's alway's fun telling people how brilliant my draft went before I get that first loss under my belt! :D

as far as hold em go's ... I may not have a room if I stay with my buddy ... so location could be an issue ... I could se Harrah's ... Craps, Cards and free money ... whats not to like.
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

nag

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:10 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

I was planning on going to Harrah's Saturday after the draft. Anybody else going there? I could se Harrah's ... Craps, Cards and free money ... whats not to like.
[/QUOTE]Free money???? :D

As for the room, I am staying about 3 minutes from the Marriot, but I am betting someone will want to play who is "on-site".

King of Queens

nag

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:53 pm

Originally posted by Nag':
The current "Time" issue has a very informative article on the current state of the real estate market, reading which may help one avoid making ignorant statements like that one. But in case you don't get around to it, here's a quick lesson on New York City's real estate: Currently, a large (apprx 1100 sq ft) two bedroom, two bath apartment in a decent part of Manhatan, on a decent block, in a decent doorman building will RENT for approximately $4000-4500/month. Notice I say decent - not great. That same exact caliber apartment will SELL for anywhere between $1-1.2 million, depending on several factors which are not important to this exersise. Give 20% down (200-250G), mortgage the remaining 80%, add maintenance (aka common charges) and real estate taxes and you're probably paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $8000/month. Now granted, owning your home is always more beneficial - you're writing off the interest and also your property is hopefully increasing in value. But the month-to-month out of pocket expenses make owning twice as expensive as renting, not to even mention coming up with the downpayment & closing costs. So unless you're flipping equity from one property to another or somehow managed to save a few hundred grand, it is very difficult for a first time buyer to make the jump from renting to owning. That's why RENTING, as expensive as it may SEEM, is still a very viable option in these market conditions. Sorry Nag, this needs to be asked:

If you're shelling out $60,000 in annual rent on your luxury apartment (notice that you said "luxury," and not "great" or even "decent"), plus another $4,000 to $8,000 in annual car payments and parking for your "Benz" (notice the omission of a specific model and year)...then how do you expect to save up the couple hundred grand to buy your first home???

That business of yours better be doing damn well...

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:27 pm

That post was not about how much rent I am paying or how I am saving money. It's about the reality of NYC real estate. Maybe you misunderstood.
For Players. By Players.

King of Queens

nag

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:54 am

Not a misunderstanding, just foolishness.

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:42 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Not a misunderstanding, just foolishness. Don't worry - could happen to anyone.
For Players. By Players.