Ethics Question

Gordon Gekko

Ethics Question

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:11 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
You guys that are so hard lined on this example crack me up. You hide behind the "it's a rule" statement to dodge the issue of having any mercy whatsoever. Again I'm only speaking of Nags example...not the unprepared owner. What if an owner this year says "Mark...uh...Michael Clayton"

What the hell happens to this poor guy....after all...he didn't completely say the name to begin with. Maybe you make him take Mark Duper because he's not as eloquent of speech as you are.
if you say 1st and last name, you bought him. this is not hiding behind the rules. we are USING the rules. without rules in place and agreed upon, individual leagues could have different interpretations...aka laptop power.

with that said, in the vegas auction in year 1 someone mistakenly said a # in the teens (i think it was 13) outloud while a scumbag TE was being auctioned off...maybe it was Boo Williams, i can't remember specifically.

i wasn't really paying attention, because it was boo williams and who would ever bid on him...but what i heard from other people was that the owner was talking to another owner about which team just got the last player...team 13. needless to say, a verbal scuffle broke out and the owner who said 13 was awarded Boo for $13.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Ethics Question

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:12 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
I've got the perfect solution. Instead of shouting out a player name (and there are other problems associated with that), team owners write down the player's name on a card and hand it to the moderator. The moderator finds the appropriate sticker and places it on the draft board. If there are any objections, team owners can throw a red flag in the center of the draft area. This woud ensure a very calm and controversy-free experience. maybe we can "sign" our draft picks

[ August 02, 2006, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

sportsbettingman

Ethics Question

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:13 pm

(Aside from a quiet chatter with your co-manager while on the clock, that is.)

Chatting with another team while on the clock could be viewed as collusion.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

GOD Loves You

Ethics Question

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:13 pm

I can notarize all the picks as well.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Nag'

Ethics Question

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:21 pm

There are specific provisions for situations where an owner mispronounces a players first or last name. If an owner calls out "Michael Moore" and there is no such player, the draft facilitator will ask the owner to re-state his pick. That owner will not be awarded the moviemaker when he obviously meant Mewelde Moore.

But, once the owner calls out the name of a NFL player, that player is his - no ifs, ands or buts.
For Players. By Players.

Route Collectors

Ethics Question

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:31 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Chatter all you want, Route C...but not when you're on the clock.

~Lance Not me Lance...I'm all whispers at the draft table. ;)

Route Collectors

Ethics Question

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:33 pm

I'm going to bow out of this debate. The posts are becoming increasingly unsensable and I've already wasted too much time on such a meaningless arguement. Enjoy.

gomizzouman

Ethics Question

Post by gomizzouman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:39 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Maybe we need Regis Philbin to host our Main Event and have every player say "THAT IS MY FINAL ANSWER". Can Kelly Rippa be the label girl?
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

sportsbettingman

Ethics Question

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:52 pm

(Draft facilitator speaking...)

"Team 11...please clarify...is that QB Tom Brady NE...or QB Peyton Manning IND???"

"Team 12 selects RB Brian WESTbrook PHI..."

(Looking confused and whispering to moderator...)

"Psst...I KNOW my sign reading is good...really good...but are team owners ALLOWED to draft other team owners???...because for the life of my it looks like Team 13 is attempting to draft Captain Hook!"

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver