Safest 1st round pick

Diesel

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Diesel » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:40 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
I'll throw my hat into this MX. A.J. From TX, is the man with the special FX, and is the safest bet to get you near 100 points without a single yard or TD. And I'm sure if Shaub gets hurt, its nothing a slight RX couldn't cure.

P.X. I have too much time on my blackberry. So Diesel, if I understand you correctly...

Andre Johnson
2009 Projected Stats:

100 receptions
0 yards
0 touchdowns

100 points

Hey, it's POSSIBLE! :D
[/QUOTE]Actually, a few receptions may turn into negatve yardage, it my be something like 100 receptions, -22 yards and 0 TD's.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

King of Queens

Safest 1st round pick

Post by King of Queens » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:48 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
I'll throw my hat into this MX. A.J. From TX, is the man with the special FX, and is the safest bet to get you near 100 points without a single yard or TD. And I'm sure if Shaub gets hurt, its nothing a slight RX couldn't cure.

P.X. I have too much time on my blackberry. So Diesel, if I understand you correctly...

Andre Johnson
2009 Projected Stats:

100 receptions
0 yards
0 touchdowns

100 points

Hey, it's POSSIBLE! :D
[/QUOTE]Actually, a few receptions may turn into negatve yardage, it my be something like 100 receptions, -22 yards and 0 TD's.
[/QUOTE]That sounds a lot like your boy, Mike Furrey! :eek: :D

Diesel

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Diesel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:56 am

Mike Furrey is a poor man's Wes Welker. He just hasn't been used properly to allow him to shine like he did a few years back. After Jerald Sowell, my scouting ability should never be questioned!

rkulaski

Safest 1st round pick

Post by rkulaski » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:10 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:
AJ's injury hx is just that- in the past. No concerns.
As for the what-if game either Fitz or AJ's starting qb getting hurt... Warner much more likely to get hurt than Schaub and for a longer stretch of games. 38-yr old concussion prone qb coming off hip sx. Schaub's previous injuries don't concern me. Tx for your ox on this mx

;)
[/QUOTE]No doubt, Fitz is scarry
But I would be wary
When things get harry
Anquan could carry
This team in hurry
And too, catches could vary
Among many so be leary

Now on the Contrary...

AJ is easily a cut above
Texan receivers u think of
And his qb is not 1 hit or shove
From a concussion and out of
This game we so mightily love

Diesel

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Diesel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:33 am

One guy I don't like...I'm sure you'll disagree...
Is a runningback in Minnesota. His initials? AP.

They say he fights his way through a defensive line like a brazen drunken sailor, but I say his TD's will be vultured by a guy named Chester Taylor.

He's made enough highlights that people are calling him "All-Day", but after all those rushes last year, his name for 2009 may be "X-Ray".

Now I'm not putting a jinx or hex, or doing some voodoo...I'm just letting you know if you draft him, you'll be crying boo-hoo.

:cool: Big Daddy Diesel :cool:

jjsegura78

Safest 1st round pick

Post by jjsegura78 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:37 pm

I'd have to say...
1. Forte
2. Turner

Both will get plenty of goal line looks, TD's, touches, etc. They might not come out Number 1 and 2 overall at the end of the season, but both will be top 7 overall before seasons end. I say a WR will top overall points by seasons end, but who knows who it will be ??? AJ could be a <MONSTER> if Schaub stuck in there. Fitz is getting all of the fantasy love right now for what he did in the playoffs last year, which is understandable, but the guy that has his QB in it for the most part will come out with better numbers. I say one of these two WR's goes in the top 3 in a couple of drafts this year here.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura