SNAKEtakes for 2010 NFL Playoffs

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:21 am

Growing up in Baltimore in the 60's with my dad as a Baltimore Colts season ticket holder, Johnny Unitas was by far the best qb to ever play the game with Bart Starr running a very close second. If Unitas had today's pansy rules for qbs and receivers with the talent he had, Raymond Berry, Jimmy Orr, John Mackey, Lenny Moore, all of the above qbs would still be looking up at his records especially Peyton. It is very safe to say the majority of the above qbs would not have survived the 60's with the Fearsome Foursome in L.A. and Butkus, Nitschke, Huff, etc., middle linebackers who enjoyed sending players to the hospital. This was when men were men and not the "pansy ball" we have to watch today. Think about it, when the most feared defensive player in the NFL is a wimp db for the Jets, GOOD NFL football is gone.

Sorry you grew up too late to see this excellent display of NFL football, SNAKE, and for the record, any list without Bret was a pretty futile attempt at a list. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...I'll throw in three other QB's that imho trump Peyton as well - Elway, Marino and Kelly...so in MY mind the best all-time QB's that I personally EVER saw play (since 1967) are in order the folowing;

sorry, Tom Brady cannot be put over john elway.. to me it's not close in terms of super bowls, sure , however pure talent, Elway to me had the most of all time.. only one over him in my opinion is Montana
1) Joe Montana - Joe Cool did it ALL - nary a flaw in his game...
2) Terry Bradshaw - tough as nails, got the job done and an under-rated great (especially long) passer...
3) Handsome Tommy (Brady) - a winner who plays within himself and rarely makes mistakes - especially in the big games...
4) Troy Aikman - as accurate a passer as there will ever be with great leadership qualities and resilience...
5) John Elway -`the prototypical QB who exhibited great perseverence and had more heart than he is given credit for...
6) Dan Marino - Bombs Away Dan did it before the NFL became pass-happy and without the benefit of a running game but never won the Big Game...
7) Jim Kelly - never got over The Super Bowl hump but his sheer grit, leadership and determination led his team to an unprecedented four STRAIGHT ones...
8) Peyton Manning - as pure a passer as there is and a student of the game, a Master Technician who's only flaw was losing too many big games...
9) Dan Fouts - see the combo of Dan Marino & Peyton Manning above to describe him perfectly...
10) Roger Staubach - simply got the job done whatever it took and with all of the talent that it required...
11) Warren Moon - never won the Big One or he would be rated higher as he had most of the intangibles listed here and was really smart to boot...

...again, imho...GK
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com