Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:45 am

Originally posted by The Franchise:

But I would bet that Tebow outscores Brady this week Gutsy.

Fantasy guys on the NFL Network show yesterday said they'd start Tebow over Rodgers, mainly because of the belief Rodgers may not play the entire game. They forget Rodgers doesn't need a full four quarters to be QB1.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow outscored Brady and/or Rodgers but that's not a bet I'm willing to make.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Jim Wiseheart

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:56 am

Tom, would you start Tebow over Stafford this week? I don't think I can bring myself to do it.

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:05 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
The almighty Tom Brady and the best team in the AFC, the Pats, installed as 6 point favorites by Vegas oddsmakers????

6 POINTS? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don't the oddsmakers realize that Tebow is horrible and can't throw a football?

Answer: Do not bet against this kid. Ok then. If you're so sure about it, let's bet.

You take Tebow +6 points. If you win, I can't ever post anything about Tebow again on this message board. If I win, you can't ever post anything on this message board about Tebow again.

Let's see how confident you are now.

Not sure what excuse you'll be coming up with, but I doubt you'll stand behind your words.
[/QUOTE]You're comical Paul. I think 6 points is low. People on have said it should be 14. If you're so sure Tebow is garbage, and they are playing the great Patriots, why dont you give me those points?
I never said the Broncos would win this game, and they shouldnt with a garbage QB, ;)

What words should I stand behind? Please dont insult me. I said the oddsmakers were saying effectively "Dont bet against this guy " by making the spread so low. Quote me where I said I was making this bet against a 6 point spread.......
you can't
[/QUOTE]Huh? Where did I ever say that Tebow was garbage? It's remarkable how you challenge people to quote you on things, and then you make this one up. Look in the mirror on that one, Joe.

Insult you? Give me a break. The professional oddsmakers aren't Tebow lovers or haters. They set lines based on their belief that equal number of wagers will be placed on either side of that betting line. They don't care about anything else. You either believe Tebow can stay within 6 points of the Patriots or you don't. I don't think he can. That's all I'm saying.

You apparently agree with me because you're not wiling to bet it. Good decision.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

renman

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by renman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:40 am

Tom,

I made a post to you earlier on this page about how Tebow's personal stats/productivity is currently held back by his playing circumstance. I see people debating you trying to compare Tebow to other current QB's and those other QB's have completely different circumstances to play under.

Thoughts?

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:53 am

Originally posted by Old School:
The almighty Tom Brady and the best team in the AFC, the Pats, installed as 6 point favorites by Vegas oddsmakers????

Answer: Do not bet against this kid. Ok then. If you're so sure about it, let's bet.

You take Tebow +6 points. If you win, I can't ever post anything about Tebow again on this message board. If I win, you can't ever post anything on this message board about Tebow again.

Not sure what excuse you'll be coming up with, but I doubt you'll stand behind your words.
[/QUOTE]You're comical Paul. I think 6 points is low. People on have said it should be 14. If you're so sure Tebow is garbage, and they are playing the great Patriots, why dont you give me those points?
I never said the Broncos would win this game, and they shouldnt with a garbage QB, ;)

What words should I stand behind? Please dont insult me. I said the oddsmakers were saying effectively "Dont bet against this guy " by making the spread so low. Quote me where I said I was making this bet against a 6 point spread.......
you can't
[/QUOTE]LOL pats and their nfl worst defense only beat colts by 7 in NEW ENGLAND and washington missing it's 2 top tackles, fred davis, laron landry by 7 as well...and yet u want 14 points in DENVER for your precious tebow...hilarious! I don't wanna hear any more "don't bet against this guy" after Shrink called u out...

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:58 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:

you can't
[/QUOTE]Huh? Where did I ever say that Tebow was garbage? It's remarkable how you challenge people to quote you on things, and then you make this one up. Look in the mirror on that one, Joe.

Insult you? Give me a break. The professional oddsmakers aren't Tebow lovers or haters. They set lines based on their belief that equal number of wagers will be placed on either side of that betting line. They don't care about anything else. You either believe Tebow can stay within 6 points of the Patriots or you don't. I don't think he can. That's all I'm saying.

You apparently agree with me because you're not wiling to bet it. Good decision.
[/QUOTE]Yep definitely seems like he agrees with u...wanting 14 points at HOME for an 8-5 team against 1 of the worst defenses in NFL..lol

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:22 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Pat, I'm not talking about Rodgers specifically. He's obviously well beyond Tebow both in the NFL and fantasy. I'm talking about Tebow being held to a standard that no other QB appears to be in terms of matchups. Gee, maybe it's because other QBs don't have 36-page message board homages in which every week it's touted "He did it AGAIN! Oh boy!". When "it" is simply the "miraculous" feat of averaging 22 PPG. :rolleyes:

Wanna talk about the other QBs? Ok, let's.

Let's first omit the obvious top-5: Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Newton, Stafford are all every-week matchup-proof fantasy starters. No need to hold them to any high standard; they SET the standard!

Let's also omit anyone who wasn't or still wouldn't be drafted as an NFFC starting QB because that's what we've been talking an awful lot about here - how Tebow measures up in that regard. So ignore Fitzpatrick, Dalton, Smith, Freeman, McCoy, etc.. Yes, there may be some unfortunate teams still starting them, but not by choice. So why are these guys not under a microscope? Uhh... cuz they SUCK and cuz no one is out here selling them as legit top-10 potential NFFC QBs.

That leaves the QBs between the top-5 and Tebow: Ryan, Romo, EManning, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Sanchez.
Tebow vs. other similar "NFFC starter-caliber" QBs since he became a starter (8 games)

Hmmm... do we really need to hold most of these guys to a higher standard, when they're already outscoring him AND all but one of them is a proven NFL and fantasy starting QB? I haven't gone back and drilled into each and every game these guys have played since they became starters, but I don't think that's necessary at all because they have multiyear proven track records and we don't need to look at their opponents over their entire careers to know that they haven't had every single game be against either a terrible run or pass defense or a terrible offense. Noooo, they've played multiple years and we can surely assume that the sampling size of games is big enough to have evened out in that area. Nor have they likely nearly-doubled their fantasy production in the final 3-5 minutes of every game (though I honestly won't be wasting the time to try to dig through those numbers either, as it's pretty ridiculous to even wonder).

The bottom line is that some of us feel that Tebow's current level of barely-startable NFFC QB production will not be sustained longterm (i.e. next year) due to the" peculiarity" with which he's obtained those numbers. We get it though that some of you think that, not only will he sustain them, he'll improve upon them! But do you truly not see the risk of how and when he gets his points and how he looks doing it as compared to the other similar starting QBs I listed? Really? You'd draft him next year over Ryan, Romo, EManning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger? Cuz if you would, then you're saying he's a top-10. We disagree - adamantly (obviously ).

[ December 14, 2011, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

mattjb

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mattjb » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:31 pm

This thread would make Jesus sad...

mattjb

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mattjb » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Sorry I meant Tebow. i am always mixing up Messiahs :D

[ December 14, 2011, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: mattjb ]

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Originally posted by mattjb:
Sorry I meant Tebow. i am always mixing up Messiahs :D WWJD? Bet on the Patriots -6!!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven