What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Since that contest doesn't have online options, how are they putting him in a league already with a draft spot?? Don't assume. [/QUOTE]Glenn, I know you have more inside information with them than I do, so okay, they're adding online options. Wouldn't it be prudent to know how many of your rollover customers will be drafting online and how many are live so that you have the right number of 1s, 2s, 3s, etc.?? Excuse me, but I see all 300+ rollovers being thrown together and expecting honest random draft slots, right? But what happens if too many of the 1s haven't agreed to come to Las Vegas?? Oh, I know, change draft spots somehow behind the curtain. Please.

And did I just see Pete -- who I like a lot and respect -- just say "Christmas, Yahoo!!!" on those boards? Christmas Morning???? Oh my.
[/QUOTE]Greg... sarcastic post on my end... As for online, what they have offered a couple of years now is the abiity to have someone from wcoff enter your draft while you are online. We are all sitting on the edeg of our seats...
[/QUOTE]That might be expanded a bit Pete.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:56 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Fourslot40:
FFLMaster is correct, the original post was from this moniker. Unless it has been posted by a known rep or if you guys received private communication, it could be false. Or not. [/QUOTE]So those are the terms Glenn? Please enlighten everyone. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]I would think everyone's already enlightened, no?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
FFLMaster is correct, the original post was from this moniker. Unless it has been posted by a known rep or if you guys received private communication, it could be false. Or not. [/QUOTE]I believe Glenn would have posted on here or any of the other boards if he knew this was totally fabricated. I also don't think he would have posted what he did above if he knew this was totally fabricated. Sorry to put words in your mouth Glenn, but you have been privvy to all of this info and you nor Dustin are denying any of this right now.

At the very least, it's halted the draft pick show.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
FFLMaster is correct, the original post was from this moniker. Unless it has been posted by a known rep or if you guys received private communication, it could be false. Or not. [/QUOTE]At the very least, it's halted the draft pick show.
[/QUOTE]You mean Dustin missed ANOTHER deadline???

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:17 pm

BFD Lou T posted that it looked like the options were from wcoff. then his post was deleted

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
You mean Dustin missed ANOTHER deadline??? I laughed.

Unless I'm misinterpreting the post, based on what I just saw on their boards it appears that the plan will be to pay everyone in full who is owed less than $2,000 at the closing of a transaction. Sounds like this plan may be for those owed more than 2K.

Of course, there's no way to know when this "transaction" will be closed or if it ever will be closed. Is this the same one that was promised to occur in April?

[ August 15, 2011, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Yes Tom but i am sure that Dustin will provide a yearly update as to how the transaction is coming.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Who is going to run this game if they go forward? Has that been said anywhere? After all, you need a web site to run a high-stakes contest. Who is doing it for them?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

RC Techies

Post by RC Techies » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:31 pm

I would have to say that while the 2010 winners are probably screwed, Jill did state that the 2011 entries were being escrowed. If in fact those funds were not escrowed, and entries relied upon that statement, then there are probably criminal and civil charges that could be brought against the WCoff, Dustin and Jill.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Originally posted by RC Techies:
Yes Tom but i am sure that Dustin will provide a yearly update as to how the transaction is coming. Making a statement that folks will be paid in cash if they want it should be followed with a date of when that will happen. Announcing that now gives people little time to leave that mess and play somewhere else unless a date of payment is given. Stating when the transaction (whatever the hell that is) is done after failing to post for 120+ days on the other transactions that fell through leaves players with little hope of it happening anytime soon. If at all.

I'm sure those owed more than $2,000 are real happy. Time to see the details.