Fantasy Basketball: Anyone Up For It?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:39 am

Pete, send me your e-mail address at [email protected]. I just sent an e-mail to the owners listed above who showed an interest in a basketball league. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:57 am

I apologize for the delay, but it looks like we have enough interest to get this off the ground. Again, I'm just setting up individual 12-team leagues and we'll pay the top three places in each league. This will be a test-run for the NFBCC rules and hopefully I'll be able to roll out a full version of our game in 2006-07.

Here's the list of those who have said they will play at $600 per team. I'll e-mail the group today and get a site started for us. We will likely have the leagues on Allstar Stats and I'll try to create the leagues soon. The draft again will be held online on Saturday, Oct. 29th.

1. Glenn Schroter
2. Eric Wong
3. Hector Castro
4. Clark Olson
5. Richard Gordon
6. Eddie Gillis
7. John Hogan
8. Brian Oldenski
9. Todd Lammi
10. Richard Lepow
11. Jeff Dobies
12. John Barkow
13. Scott Newman
14. Pete Suni
15. Richard Breech
16. Scott Williams
17. Mike Rinaldi
18. Jim Bores

Anyone else interested?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:04 am

I should have a league site set up on Allstar Stats soon. The first 12 owners who committed thus far include:

1. Glenn Schroter
2. Eric Wong
3. Brian Oldenski
4. Eddie Gillis
5. John Hogan
6. Pete Suni
7. Richard Gordon
8. Roland Beech
9. Scott Newman
10. Todd Lammi
11. Clark Olson
12. Dave Deterra

We appear to have enough interest for a second league and I'm going to get that one set up soon as well. Again, the online draft would be Saturday, Oct. 29th on Allstar Stats' league page and we'd have 12 teams per league, 16 players per team and we'd use Allstar's position eligibility list. $600 per team and $4,000 for 1st, $2,000 for 2nd and $600 for third.

Once we have the league site finished, look for an e-mail with the URL. Draft orders will follow early next week and then the smack talk can begin on the league Message Boards. Everybody ready?

E-mail me if you still want in on the second league. We can fill that one up soon. I'm at [email protected].

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:35 am

The second league is coming together. We have commitments from:

1. Scott Williams
2. Jeff Dobies
3. David Longood
4. Michael Holt
5. Jim Bores
6. Ronald Rogers

Others interested include John Barkow, Mike Rinaldi, Hector Castro, Richard Horvitz and Richard Lepow. So we're getting there. Let's finalize this one soon.

[ October 21, 2005, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

Milkman Dead

Post by Milkman Dead » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:33 am

So where are Matthew Berry, Rick Kamla, Steve Alexander, Matt Lawrence, Tony Mejia, Matt Buser, Brandon Funston, Eric Karabell, etc?

They have time to participate in 10 mock drafts and write about them but not for a legit $ league?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:04 am

Invitations to the league site have been sent out to the 12 owners in League 1. Check out the site, check out the live draft area, rank your players if you'd like ahead of time and let me know what you think. We'll pick the draft spots for that league early next week.

We'll get League 2 finalized soon and invitations out next week as well. Stay tuned.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:00 pm

Thanks again, Greg. What time are we drafting on October 29th?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:00 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Thanks again, Greg. What time are we drafting on October 29th? Saw it on the e-mail -- 1pm.

Estus Hood

Post by Estus Hood » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:34 am

Greg,

when will the draft order for Basketball League 1 be announced?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:05 am

I can do that today. It seems like all of the guys have seen the site and are good to go.