KDS

Coltsfan

Re: KDS

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:54 am

It's funny but all I would really want to know is who is in the league. I could care less about where I draft from.

Wayne

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:07 pm

King of Queens wrote:Among industry main events, I believe these are the choices:

Choice A: get your randomly selected pick 2 months in advance. You get two months to toss around ideas on how to use that pick, knowing full-well that situations will almost certainly change before draft day

Choice B: get your KDS-influenced pick a week in advance. You get one week to toss around ideas on how to use that pick, knowing full-well that situations might change before draft day

Not sure I understand the issue here.
Well last I knew this is the only place that has KDS, so the only issue is how it is implemented.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:09 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:
kjduke wrote:I prefer to know my draft slot and who I'm competing against earlier rather than later, mainly because it gives me something more to think.

I don't worry about injuries because I don't think you can focus on a single player anyway. If there's an injury to a targeted player you move on to plan B, which you need to have in place anyway because the guy picking ahead of you doesn't always cooperate with your plan A.
Me too, just not if there is KDS. KDS and wanting picks early are not a good blend. Too many guys fly up and down draft boards the last week this day and age. Can turn a certain place in draft from a sweet spot to a dry spot. When playing for large money this should not be the case. Part of the strategy of KDS is getting to pick from where you want. When it ends up making it so you pick where you don't want because it has to be set too early, it makes me hate it. I love doing it at the table. Everyone walks in, everyone has the same information, everyone has the same chance. There is no luck in hoping nothing happens the last week to mess up where you want to draft from. I don't see why people want to add in other variables into a game of skill.
You are correct that most don't play that last game. What that has to do with people flying up and down the draft boards rapidly the last week, I am not sure though.

1- am i right that most starters do not play the 4th preseason game

2-the theory of wanting to set your kds to plan yor draft strategy is great if you get your top 2-4 picks you wanted. but i myself have gotten my 10-14th choice at times , so planning for a certain draft spot goes out the window and plan A , B, and C is not working anymore and you must regroup.

3- in the words of ' ONE OF MY BOYZ " ( MR. GEKKO ) skill or luck. you need both in this game of ours.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Sandman62 wrote:But Frank, at least if KDS runs a week before drafts, if you get your 10-14th choice, you at least have a ful week to mock and review ADPs to adjust your strategy.

And Chad, while I understand and respect your decision on where to play the bulk of your leagues being influenced by when KDS runs, telling the owners and the entire MB community about it DOES come across as bullying. No one is saying it shouldn't affect your decision (the way you keep telling us that having it a week before shouldn't matter to us, as if we're just too stupid to figure that out, when in reality, we just disagree)... But FEELING that way and essentially threatening to take your money elsewhere aren't the same, IMO (and apparently some others).
If you are going to put words in my mouth like Route C, please be at least remotely close to being correct. You are nowhere near doing that here. Where in the hell did I say I was taking my money elsewhere? Did you even read my post?

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:25 pm

Sandman62 wrote:I apologize for lumping you in with Cocktails on this. You've certainly kept it civil. But HE certainly implied that his decsion on how many leagues he'll do is affected by whether or not this rule gets changed. He's also been pretty clear in his opinion that opposite opinions are "garbage". Again, sorry for confusing the two of you on this.

I have no idea what either of your motives are in this beyond just having a preference and opinion. Nor do I care. I also know I'm not the only one who is coming away from this thread with the conclusion that the NFFC could lose a valuable customer if this doesn't go their way. Personally, I'd rather stick to the topic and not have to hear about such implied weighting of votes (again, not by you).

No hard feelings.
Here you go again with your lying bs tactics. You actually put in quotes that I called someones opinion "garbage". I never did or would do that. You are simply a lying POS. When Nelson described your actions I found it hard to believe someone could be like that. Truly pathetic, and now showing your colors yet again my making up lie after lie.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:59 pm

Sandman62 wrote:But Frank, at least if KDS runs a week before drafts, if you get your 10-14th choice, you at least have a ful week to mock and review ADPs to adjust your strategy.

And Chad, while I understand and respect your decision on where to play the bulk of your leagues being influenced by when KDS runs, telling the owners and the entire MB community about it DOES come across as bullying. No one is saying it shouldn't affect your decision (the way you keep telling us that having it a week before shouldn't matter to us, as if we're just too stupid to figure that out, when in reality, we just disagree)... But FEELING that way and essentially threatening to take your money elsewhere aren't the same, IMO (and apparently some others).
If you are going to put words in my mouth like Route C, please be at least remotely close to being correct. You are nowhere near doing that here. Where in the hell did I say I was taking my money elsewhere? Did you even read my post?
Yes, I've read all of them. I consider myself a pretty good reader, but let's see if I'm following along: :geek:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:KDS is a royal pain in the ass when it has to be done too early. That is why I am holding off on my sign ups until I know how this will be resolved. So many options these days, and no partner this year, I have to be selective.
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:So you damn right my spending has to come down this year as I don't have the ability to do as many drafts. So I am most certainly going to pick and choose based on the set of rules etc that I like the best. That isn't bullying, that is the truth.
Hey, I'm not saying that isn't your prerogative. But I think the message was pretty clear, which is why Route C responded.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:59 pm

Sandman62 wrote:I apologize for lumping you in with Cocktails on this. You've certainly kept it civil. But HE certainly implied that his decsion on how many leagues he'll do is affected by whether or not this rule gets changed. He's also been pretty clear in his opinion that opposite opinions are "garbage". Again, sorry for confusing the two of you on this.

I have no idea what either of your motives are in this beyond just having a preference and opinion. Nor do I care. I also know I'm not the only one who is coming away from this thread with the conclusion that the NFFC could lose a valuable customer if this doesn't go their way. Personally, I'd rather stick to the topic and not have to hear about such implied weighting of votes (again, not by you).

No hard feelings.
Here you go again with your lying bs tactics. You actually put in quotes that I called someones opinion "garbage". I never did or would do that. You are simply a lying POS. When Nelson described your actions I found it hard to believe someone could be like that. Truly pathetic, and now showing your colors yet again my making up lie after lie.
Yes, I usually put quotes in quotes. :roll:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:I challenge someone to name one negative of going to auto run 24 hours in advance of draft. Those that say they need more time to prepare, that is garbage.
I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see this thread get back on track. Or better still, lock it and wait for the email poll. My 2 cents.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:14 pm

Sandman62 wrote:

Yes, I've read all of them. I consider myself a pretty good reader, but let's see if I'm following along: :geek:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:KDS is a royal pain in the ass when it has to be done too early. That is why I am holding off on my sign ups until I know how this will be resolved. So many options these days, and no partner this year, I have to be selective.
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:So you damn right my spending has to come down this year as I don't have the ability to do as many drafts. So I am most certainly going to pick and choose based on the set of rules etc that I like the best. That isn't bullying, that is the truth.
Hey, I'm not saying that isn't your prerogative. But I think the message was pretty clear, which is why Route C responded.
Yeah it is loud and clear padna. I am not going to be playing as many teams this year!! Nowhere did I say anything about taking my NFFC money elsewhere like you guys suggest. So, I don't consider you to be a very good at reading comprehension like you suggest. I do consider you a lying POS though.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:16 pm

I know the Main Events cannot be changed for this year at this late of a date, but since there are 2 diamonds this year AND atleast one will be broadcast on Sirius I think you (Greg & Tom) should consider splitting them by owner preference. It would make for a more appealing broadcast.

Guys save your squabbles for another time, this is important! I am friends with a lot of people that I've met through NFFC. Chad is not one that I would consider a friend. We have been in leagues atleast three years running and he has been nothing but a fierce competitor who shows respect for all of the other players. Greg asked for opinions on this matter, Chad gave his. I don't see a problem with that. He's not bullying anyone here, just stating facts. Let's get on track here guys and girls!

Greg, as you said last year in the Diamond we had several owners that said they were against pulling draft spots at the table but to be fair there were several in favor of pulling draft spots at the table. I say you send out an email to all the Diamond participants and see if you can get 12 to agree to this. Try it out for this one league this year and see how it is received amongst the community. I think it'd be the fairest way. You have to try it on a small scale first before even thinking about implementing it on a larger scale. And a cool marketing thing for NFFC. Something to separate this league from all of the other very similar events in the industry.

Diamond League w/draft spots picked at the table

1. Pat Sorge
Pat Sorge

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:17 pm

Sandman62 wrote:

No hard feelings.
Yes, I usually put quotes in quotes. :roll:
Cocktails and Dreams wrote:I challenge someone to name one negative of going to auto run 24 hours in advance of draft. Those that say they need more time to prepare, that is garbage.
I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see this thread get back on track. Or better still, lock it and wait for the email poll. My 2 cents.
Yeah again, nowhere did I say anyones opinion was garbage like you quoted. Another lie. That was MY opinion, not someone else. And it probably could get back on track if you would quit lying.