What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

TR

Re: What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

Post by TR » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:05 am

The Franchise wrote:Ahh David I can assure you my panties are not in a bunch. I have actually been amused by the whole thing. I hope none of my posts came across as me being upset. If anything I have taken the high road. I just found it amusing and odd that you called me out by saying if I haven't learned my lesson in drafting McFadden. 1. I was never a McFadden guy to begin with this year 2. You said it like we knew each other (I don't think we ever met?) It's like Wayne said, it's easier to talk trash and kid around with people you know and have met before.

I only knew of one league I was in with you, but hey who's counting. right? :lol: In that particular league it was kind of the same thing. In the league chat you congratulated me on the nice start in being in 1st, but in the next sentence you said my team was all smoke and mirrors.... :) Even my partner Dave asked "Do you know this guy?" Because he talks smack like you guys are best buds. That's why I have been amused by this whole thing. Out of all the players out there you decided to single me out? It's all good I'm glad that I was able to make your year...... ;)

"Defend my prowess" 1. Superior skill or ability.
2. Superior strength, courage, or daring, especially in battle.

Along with other posts I have seen I would form the opinion that you do in fact think your great. Also I didn't spend 250K in Fantasy Football. I know you were exaggerating, but it's still the point. It doesn't matter how much you spend on entry fees all that matters to me is ROI and that I have fun doing it.

For everyone else I apologize that this thread got highjacked. Here's a prediction: CJ2K will get released by the Titans and will sign with the NY Giants this off-season. They will rebuild the O-line and get back to running the football and Johnson will be a top 5 RB next year.
Interesting...so what becomes of David Wilson? And if this occurs will CJ2k be used on goalline and in passing game? At least 1 of these would be necessary for him to be top 5 RB in full Point per reception NFFC leagues IMO.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:55 am

My feeling is if the Giants invest in a big name free agent RB that could be a good indication that they don't see Wilson helping them anytime soon. Also if I'm the GM I need to realize that as long as Coughlin is the HC rookie RB's or young RB's who can't pass protect are not going to play. So one of 2 things needs to happen 1. Fire Coughlin and go with a HC who can coach up young kids 2. Stop investing high draft picks on RB's that you know probably won't play for a couple of years especially if they screw up a couple of times.

I think Johnson would be used in the passing game for sure, but probably wouldn't get every GL carry. Love him or hate him he has been very durable throughout his career and is solid in pass protection
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:07 am

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
bald is beautiful wrote:I might name my teams "Defend My Prowess" next year. Sounds mildly intimidating.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:07 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
JETS SB wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:
Sorry but you called me out so I had to defend my prowess. I'm not a chest pump guy just trying to talk a little trash and have fun with this hobby. That used to be the fun part of Fantasy Football talking trash with your pals. Everybody seems to serious about this pursuit anymore. Cant cut up or take a little bruise to the ego. I guess I paid attention to the drafts I played against a pro in. My original post was critical of drafting Mathews and McFadden. I didn't intend to turn this into a pissin match. I look forward to competing in 2014.
The only thing accurate about this is that Nelson is a pro. From what I have seen on the boards, all you do is chest pump. Bragging about not drafting McFadden or Matthews. In order to "talk trash", you would have needed to accomplish something first. Winning $600, compared to a guy who has won over $100,000 in just a few years, doesn't warrant trash talk. All it does is make yourself look like a child.

So, you win a random league against Nelson and now you need to point it out? ANYONE can win a random league in fantasy football, since luck has a lot to do with winning or losing in this game. Winning consistently over an extended period time, in the highest stakes games in the industry, against the best... that separates the men from the boys... Nelson has accomplished that and you are just a boy.

Oh and by the way, Ray Rice? Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do some research. I have. Luck has a lot to do with Fantasy football. I don't rely on it as a career. I have had much Online Championship success. Look up the first year of the Online Championship and see who had two top 20 teams and was overall points champ. I played 3 teams last year and 2 made playoffs.

I never attempted to belittle anyone here.
So you won $100,000 in the NFFC Online championship in 2011? Ironically (for some reason), those results cannot be accessed, so "so much for doing research".

As for you "never attempting to belittle anyone here",......ARE YOU SERIOUS????

1) You made an accusation that Nelson spent $250,000 to win $150,000 when you have NO CLUE what he invested or won.

2) Saying Nelson has 4 or 5 board names on here. Again, where is your proof....do you have ANY clue as to what you are talking about?

The answers to BOTH of these are "YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT".

So therefore, when you boast about your accomplishments, no one is going to listen. I have never met you David, and maybe you are truly a nice guy, but you have come off here as someone who isn't credible in the list when you start flinging around accusations which you know for a fact aren't true.
Last edited by BillyWaz on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:10 pm

David. I don't know you and it was only my intention to point out that you appear to do a lot of talking. I simply pointed to the scoreboard and asked to see what your record was that warranted the trash talk. My own version of trash talk. Obviously you have accomplished more than I thought. Good luck in your leagues in 2014.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:I think Nelson Sousa has 4 or 5 different names on these boards????
Nah, not true.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:55 pm

Sorry guys didn't mean to upset anyone. Some of what I said was just because I felt nobody was giving me any credit.

TR

Post by TR » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:08 am

David U Kennedy wrote:Sorry guys didn't mean to upset anyone. Some of what I said was just because I felt nobody was giving me any credit.
I don't mind your trash talk but you still have a ways to go before becoming the Richard Sherman of fantasy football :mrgreen:

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:49 am

I'M THE BEST FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE GAME! WHEN YOU TRY AND OUTDRAFT WITH ME WITH THAT SORRY ASS CHEAT SHEET, THAT'S THE RESULT YOU'RE GOING TO GET! YOU WOULDN'T MAKE THE TOP 20 ON THE CAREER EARNINGS LIST. Y'ALL ARE MEDIOCRE PLAYERS, IF I'D OF KNOWN YOU WERE GOING TO DRAFT DARREN MCFADDEN IN THE 4TH ROUND, I'D HAVE SPENT MY CHECK EARLY.

THIS IS A JOKE, RIGHT?

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:32 am

chriseibl wrote:I'M THE BEST FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE GAME! WHEN YOU TRY AND OUTDRAFT WITH ME WITH THAT SORRY ASS CHEAT SHEET, THAT'S THE RESULT YOU'RE GOING TO GET! YOU WOULDN'T MAKE THE TOP 20 ON THE CAREER EARNINGS LIST. Y'ALL ARE MEDIOCRE PLAYERS, IF I'D OF KNOWN YOU WERE GOING TO DRAFT DARREN MCFADDEN IN THE 4TH ROUND, I'D HAVE SPENT MY CHECK EARLY.

THIS IS A JOKE, RIGHT?
Actually it was McFadden in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in 3 out of 5 leagues. Looked like somebody liked Darren McFadden to me. Later I am sure his mind changed on McFadden. I can only go by what I witnessed. Like I said prior true success in life is only measured in your happiness. Titles and money mean zilch when you look back on things. Just try to have fun brother. I enjoy fantasy sports but by no means feel I am great at it. I have had fun and won some leagues a long the way. Luck has a major role here. I don't believe anyone can truly master FF.