Red vs. Blue Live Draft Results

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
I still disagree with taking a QB in the first two rounds even in a DC Billy and I have played/won lots of them.

Dollars to donuts Mark and other DC champs will agree with that I'll be more than happy to take the first QB in Round 2 of a 14 team DC. ;)

[ June 12, 2011, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: KyThunder ]
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Originally posted by KyThunder:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
I still disagree with taking a QB in the first two rounds even in a DC Billy and I have played/won lots of them.

Dollars to donuts Mark and other DC champs will agree with that I'll be more than happy to take the first QB in Round 2 of a 14 team DC. ;)
[/QUOTE]Spoken from the man who arguably assembled the best DC team EVER in the NFFC.

[ June 12, 2011, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

SS

Post by SS » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Greg, two things about the draft. One, it did seem like Scott Atkins stated, that there was a bit of a lag in the Draft room, but it could have been our internet connections? I was using the Flash draft room. It seemed like when you click on your pick it took a couple of seconds to register and it took a long time just to type in the chat box. But other than those two issues, I had a great time and hope to do another 60s draft closer to the beginning of July.

Also, I would be interested in some 12 teamer 60s drafts. Do you know what dates these would be held on? Thanks to you and Tom and also to Scott and Mike for hosting the draft this past Friday...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Sauerkraut

Post by Sauerkraut » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Well....First off...Really had a good time co-hosting and drafting. Obvious mistakes on my end as I totally ignored some runs and just looking for second-rate depth at Rb and Wr.

Second...I thought the draft room is well set up...No problems on my end at all.

I am very honored to be in a League with so many good guys and FF players! I'm serious when I say that. I still consider myself as a novice. You guys are good! You work hard at it, and it shows!! Great Draft guys!

I also enjoy very much doing the show with Scott, and I think it's no secret these Live Drafts we do are the most fun!

Lastly...Congrats and Thanks to Greg and Tom!!! You guys really have some good stuff going on. It was a pleasure and look forward to more.

Once I become a better multi-tasker...Watch Out!! I may actually draft a second defense!

Good Luck All!

Mike

Draft Master Mike

Post by Draft Master Mike » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:29 am

Sorry it took so long to post...I had to figure out my log-in info from a couple years ago. Looks like I will be spending more time here this year thanks to someone else not paying me!

The draft was a blast Friday night. Everything went great and the only suggestions I have were already mentioned...draft qeue with the 2 buttons and a color coded draft board to see everyones teams.

This was only my 2nd 14 team draft ever but I believe I learned from my mistakes from the first one. I really like what I was able to do from the 2 hole.

9 Route:
QB-Roethlisberger, K Kolb, A Smith, C Kaepernick, T Smith
RB-J Charles, Ahmad Bradshaw, R Torrain, Mikel Leshour, Monterio Hardesty, B Jackson, Tiawon Jones
WR-Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon, D Bess, M Floyd, S Breaston, J Baldwin, J Morgan, TJ Houshmandzedah, C Shorts, Dem Thomas
TE-Dallas Clark, John Carlson, D Thomas
Def-Chiefs, Miami Dolphins
K-J Scobee, Gano, Nugent

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:11 am

Originally posted by Draft Master Mike:
Sorry it took so long to post...I had to figure out my log-in info from a couple years ago. Looks like I will be spending more time here this year thanks to someone else not paying me!

The draft was a blast Friday night. Everything went great and the only suggestions I have were already mentioned...draft qeue with the 2 buttons and a color coded draft board to see everyones teams.

This was only my 2nd 14 team draft ever but I believe I learned from my mistakes from the first one. I really like what I was able to do from the 2 hole.

9 Route:
QB-Roethlisberger, K Kolb, A Smith, C Kaepernick, T Smith
RB-J Charles, Ahmad Bradshaw, R Torrain, Mikel Leshour, Monterio Hardesty, B Jackson, Tiawon Jones
WR-Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon, D Bess, M Floyd, S Breaston, J Baldwin, J Morgan, TJ Houshmandzedah, C Shorts, Dem Thomas
TE-Dallas Clark, John Carlson, D Thomas
Def-Chiefs, Miami Dolphins
K-J Scobee, Gano, Nugent Congratulations.....I've been doing 14 team drafts for 5 years and still "stumble around" while doing one. If you have it figured out on the 2nd try you're wwaaaaayy ahead of the curve.
And I agree you assembled a nice team.

Syracuse Slappers

Post by Syracuse Slappers » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:18 am

Tom/Greg,
Just realized this while checking in on the slow 150...it would help if, at least on the slow drafts, that the Chat box has a time stamp on messages. As it is, if someone posts something, you can't tell when it was posted. Could make things easier when you're telling people your away, etc....

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:17 pm

also... the # symbol doesn't work... anything you type after "#" nothing shows up... in the chat room
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled