NFFC Notables

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Notables

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:17 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY GREG EVEN IN HINDSIGHT WHY WOULD WILLIE PARKER BEEN A BETTER PICK THAN WESTBROOK? 1TD ON THE YEAR AND IS CURRENTLY RANKED 16TH IN RB IN OUR SCORING FORMAT. I agree, Westbrook was the better pick. No doubt about it. But he has Westbrook on his own list as injured and thus is preparing for more missed games. But you are right, SNAKE made the right call by drafting Westbrook over Parker.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

KOTRAX

NFFC Notables

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:22 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY GREG EVEN IN HINDSIGHT WHY WOULD WILLIE PARKER BEEN A BETTER PICK THAN WESTBROOK? 1TD ON THE YEAR AND IS CURRENTLY RANKED 16TH IN RB IN OUR SCORING FORMAT. I agree, Westbrook was the better pick. No doubt about it. But he has Westbrook on his own list as injured and thus is preparing for more missed games. But you are right, SNAKE made the right call by drafting Westbrook over Parker. [/QUOTE]OH O.K. I GOT YOU. IN MY OPINION PARKER HAS BEEN A DISSAPOINTMENT. GRANTED THE HEAD TO HEAD FACTOR WOULD HURT BUT I THINK WESTBROOK 14 GAMES CAN NET MORE POINTS THAN PARKER IN 16.

SNAKE II

NFFC Notables

Post by SNAKE II » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:22 am

OK Greg, I'll be sure to pass the word to SNAKE. I think what he was attempting to say though was that IF Brian Westbrook, Javon Walker, Ahman Green, Vernon Davis, Jacoby Jones, etc., had stayed healthy, and IF Willie Parker, Adrian Peterson, Plaxico, James Jones, etc. were the ones injured then in his opinion his picks would have turned out to be better ones than the players you compared them to but since his players are NOT healthy we will never know and it's NOT a fair comparison. In fact, IF his players were healthy he would NOT even be writing this as the results would have been "drastically different". He also agrees that there is 56% of the season left to be played and he is not a quitter and plans to fight until the end and ultimately be in The Championship Round, come heck or low water (whatever that means). Oh, and he wrote that he will be back after Sunday's games and to "look forward to him imparting his ever-so-humble FF wisdom on this MB once again". Thank you.

[ October 17, 2007, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: SNAKE II ]

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:25 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:

I say Fantasy Football is 99% skill Did I miss the alert on CNN? Did patients escape from a mental health facility?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

NFFC Notables

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:28 am

The point is you can't draft two players in the top four rounds who have durability issues and then call it bad luck when they get hurt. It should have been expected that both Westbrook and Green would miss some time - certainly Green given his age and injury history.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Notables

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:32 am

Tom: anyone in the know had j.walker missing time this year
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

NFFC Notables

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:32 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Tom: anyone in the know had j.walker missing time this year Nope. That was bad, horrible luck. :mad:
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

NFFC Notables

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:33 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
The point is you can't draft two players in the top four rounds who have durability issues and then call it bad luck when they get hurt. It should have been expected that both Westbrook and Green would miss some time - certainly Green given his age and injury history. HOWEVER TOM THE CONTRARY TO THAT IS RUDI JOHNSON. RUDI HAS BEEN THE "SAFEST" PICK OVER THE LAST FOUR YEARS AND WE SEE WHERE HE IS. SO IT IS REALLY HARD DECISION EITHER WAY. I THINK YOU ONLY CAN TAKE INJURY RISK TO A POINT.

Tom Kessenich

NFFC Notables

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:35 am

I agree Ormond and just said to Greg that Rudi is the perfect example of bad luck. That's a guy who never misses games and then gets hurt this season. I agree that's an example of bad luck.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

NFFC Notables

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:39 am

I GUESS IF YOUR NAME IS MANNING (EITHER ONE), BRADY, OR FAVRE. (ESPECIALLY HIM) NO ONE IS OFF LIMITS WHEN IT COMES TO INJURIES. ALTHOUGH I DO AGREE SOME ARE MORE RISKY THAN OTHERS.