ZMan v. BWaz - Who is your $ on?

renman

Post by renman » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:33 am

Originally posted by Derek Anderson:
Z-Men,

I have suggested that the NFFC post a "career earnings" list for live events since year two. Everytime I suggest it, people shoot it down because the 100k winners will always be at the top.

Once again, that is fine bye me. I want to know who the next six guys in the top ten are.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson Why not career cashes in the main event? Or percentage of cashes/playoff rounds made in NFFC events? That way the list is not skewed by a team that happened to hit the big jackpot and also is not skewed by people who can afford to play in a larger number of events (thus cashing for more overall $). Why not make it a list highlighting the % of playoff appearances or cashes in all NFFC events. Satellites, draft champions, main events, magazine leagues, etc.

Just throwing out ideas.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:38 am

Originally posted by Derek Anderson:
Z-Men,

I have suggested that the NFFC post a "career earnings" list for live events since year two. Everytime I suggest it, people shoot it down because the 100k winners will always be at the top.

Once again, that is fine bye me. I want to know who the next six guys in the top ten are.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson Agreed. We'll get that done and put it in an Excel spreadsheet for all to slice and dice. We should have done that from Year 1 but we weren't sure we'd make it to Year Two!! :D

In the NFBC, David DiDonato just went over $200,000 in career winnings and that got me to thinking that this needs to be done in our contest. It's my fault for not doing this right away. John Z once told me to keep track of all records and career marks, etc., right from the start, but I was always too busy doing something else. Now it's time to step back and accumulate all of this data while we still have it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:15 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
In the NFBC, David DiDonato just went over $200,000 in career winnings Hands down, this is the greatest accomplishment in the 5 years we've been together.

I hope David has a "creative" accountant! :D

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:52 am

BWAZZ I bow down to you bro, you are KILLING me on your home turn in NFFC Las Vegas League 4.

BWAZZ 8-0 1124 pts
Z-Men 1-7 877 pts

Awesome bro! Pulling for you to make a nice run. -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:54 am

... maybe we should've taken all the Zman/Bwaz vs. field bets. :D -z-
Robert Zarzycki

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:05 am

Thanks Rob!

Unfortunately my NBC 12 team can't get it going.

I may only play 14 teamers from now on! :D

Best of luck the rest of the way!!

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:11 am

Originally posted by Z-Men:
BWAZZ I bow down to you bro, you are KILLING me on your home turn in NFFC Las Vegas League 4.

BWAZZ 8-0 1124 pts
Z-Men 1-7 877 pts

Awesome bro! Pulling for you to make a nice run. -z- ROB Z WHAT HAPPEN THIS YEAR? THAT IS VERY STRANGE TO SEE A 1-7 ROB Z TEAM ANYWHERE?

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:11 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Thanks Rob!

Unfortunately my NBC 12 team can't get it going.

I may only play 14 teamers from now on! :D

Best of luck the rest of the way!! Maybe you should partner up with $nake in 2009 for the NBC 12 teamer....

it would be like a WWE story line
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:43 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by Z-Men:

BWAZZ 8-0 1124 pts
Z-Men 1-7 877 pts

Awesome bro! Pulling for you to make a nice run. -z- ROB Z WHAT HAPPEN THIS YEAR? THAT IS VERY STRANGE TO SEE A 1-7 ROB Z TEAM ANYWHERE?
[/QUOTE]What happened? BWAZ was in my league!

haha seriously, though, I'm probably the EXACT OPPOSITE of BWAZ in that he thrives in 14-teamer leagues and I thrive in 12-teamers.

In NBC Primetime I'm tied for first w/ 6-2 record, 1038 pts. -z-
Robert Zarzycki

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:48 am

I'm facing B-WAZ this week in NFFC classic. I'm totally out of the competition to win the league, but, as always, I put in appropriate bids to set my best starting lineup each week.

This week my starting QB Jeff Garcia is on a bye and my backup Hasselbeck is injured. So I bid on all the available NFL starting QBs in free agency with my remaining $3 budget.

I check my linup today and notice I didn't get any of the QBs in free agency, and there were a lot of them!

Why?

B-WAZ scoops up EVERY remaining QB for $4 each. I think he has 5 QBs on his roster right now.

The result?

B-WAZ now faces a Z-Men team that doesn't have a starting QB in the lineup.

B-WAZ = Brilliance at its finest. -z-
Robert Zarzycki