New Draft Order - From What # to What #?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
Mike, I empathize with your posts and 4D's posts. It is frustrating and very unfortunate that this occurred. No participant should attack the posting of your frustrations in the way this occurred. Maybe an average owner spent 5 hours prepping for the draft with the pick they were given. All wasted time. Multiply it by 200 changed picks and that is 1000 wasted man-hours. And it only took them 3 hours from 2 people to run it manually. Greg apologized, re-ran it, and they have tried to make it right, which was nice and appreciated by many. Given that these national contests pay out 75% or so, I think you have a right to be upset and expect nothing less than perfection in the first-time implementation of 3RR and KDS, which is supposed to be NFFC's big competitive advantage. When draft picks are announced with less than 1 week to the event, I think that customers expect them to be correct. There is not much time nor room for error. No disagreeing here Dave. Mike is right and more than one person has called me to tell me they've prepped since Sunday and that I ruined hours of prep for them. We knew that would be the response last night when we jumped back in to make this right. Mike went from his fourth preference to his fifth and it's a big, big change for him. I TOTALLY understand that and I feel terrible about it. I'll let STATS know that as well.

I don't see his post as whining at all. I see it as stating the facts. I just wanted to make sure we ran his KDS correctly and we did...the second time. Now I feel bad all over again.

Sorry. Yes, we'll admit that a mistake was made. High-stakes events shouldn't make them with draft picks, but we did. We'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
Sorry Mike I sent an email to Greg and Tom. Issue is being handled now. Got it. Working on it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:54 pm

Thanks Greg!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:02 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I guess that I went through who would be available prior to turning in my kds and was prepared for almost any of the top half of my choices. :D

Is it Friday yet?

Wayne So was I!! What I wasn't fully prepared for were my last 3 or 4 KDS choices which is what I was initially assigned. And I didn't believe I would get one of them because they seemed to be preferred by most over some of my earlier choices. Good luck in Chicago Wayne.

Mike Costaglio

Post by Mike Costaglio » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:04 pm

Greg, thanks. I do apreciate you picking me up in San Diego in your personal jet and putting me up for the weekend in the "Wynn" penthouse suite, however I must turn down your offer for Mortons as I need to be mean and lean on draft day! Tera is also a no, I need my sleep to ready Sat.!!!

Thanks Again

Mike

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:09 pm

Originally posted by Mike Costaglio:
Greg, thanks. I do apreciate you picking me up in San Diego in your personal jet and putting me up for the weekend in the "Wynn" penthouse suite, however I must turn down your offer for Mortons as I need to be mean and lean on draft day! Tera is also a no, I need my sleep to ready Sat.!!!

Thanks Again

Mike What day were we golfing again? I forgot!! :D :D

I can't quite afford that personal jet yet, but I can afford Corona's!! And lots of them. :D

We'll have some fun on Saturday and I'll apologize personally with a drink coupon. It's the LEAST I can do at this point!! :D

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:16 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I guess that I went through who would be available prior to turning in my kds and was prepared for almost any of the top half of my choices. :D

Is it Friday yet?

Wayne So was I!! What I wasn't fully prepared for were my last 3 or 4 KDS choices which is what I was initially assigned. And I didn't believe I would get one of them because they seemed to be preferred by most over some of my earlier choices. Good luck in Chicago Wayne.
[/QUOTE]Riff,

Me either. I wasn't really prepared for the 8th slot so I was actually glad that I was moved to 10th. I've mocked from most every spot but mostly from the top 5-6 kds spots. That would be tough starting from scratch with one of the low end picks.

Wayne

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:29 pm

honesty is best policy and they did what they weresupposed to do.. plus it benefited me.. for once!!!! i really love the 4th pick. great value in middle of draft.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

mrx

Post by mrx » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:22 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I can afford Corona's!! And lots of them. :D

We'll have some fun on Saturday and I'll apologize personally with a drink coupon. :D Mike, I need a picture of you for my disguise...
Calhooooooooooooun
2007 NFFC 7-6
2006 NFFC 4-9 (rebuilding year)

www.myspace.com/karchadonis

jjsegura78

Post by jjsegura78 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:30 pm

6 to 14... :D
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura