NFFC Primetime Magazine League Draft

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed May 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Sabretooth:
I'm pretty impressed by Diesel's team.
Its very deep at WR considering where you drafted.
Yea that's outstanding talent and depth at WR. If I had known your WRs looked that good I would've tried harder. ;)
[/QUOTE]You drafted on the drop of a dime...lol And did fine. You are definitely one of the diehards that can sit at any given time of the year and draft a solid team. Good luck Tom! There's no better reward (other than prize money...lol) than to play in a league against either Tom or greg or both! Bring it on!!!!!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed May 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Originally posted by Diesel Inc.:
This thread got really interesting since I went to work and came home!

Ormond's got my back...Route C too...I do see a doubter or two. I can't believe anyone would think I would place any lower than 3rd! I am King of 3rd place! Now if I could only win ONE league! LMAO Your team looks solid Marc but I think I can hang with you. I was very happy with my draft.Good roster balance with a lot of upside. I didn't really care for the #4 slot so I tried a different approach.
I wouldn't do the same thing in a 14 teamer though. It sure is nice to be drafting again. Thanks Greg and Tom for letting me participate.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu May 07, 2009 8:17 am

Marc,

Did you want honest feedback on your team or for everybody to tell you it was great?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu May 07, 2009 9:55 am

Glenn,

Guilty as charged! :D But for the record I only said that about one of your teams. The other I said was strong.

Honestly the only thing I said was that you were lacking depth. If I remember right your running backs were Marshawn Lynch and Jonathon Stewart and my concern was that Stewart might not be the guy in Carolina. But obviously you did a VERY good job managing your team and came out of top. Props to you!

I do see Russ's point though. Many times folks are looking for positive affirmations on there teams as opposed to critique.

One of the things that I really like about about the NFFC is that I have some friends that I can email my teams to and they will pick them apart. I absolutely love that! In the magazine league last Monday I picked Torry Holt at 6.13 and one of them said "best pick" while the other one thought it was a terrible pick. :confused: :D The point is I love the critiques as I believe it makes me better. As I have proven many times before - my opinions are probaby as wrong as often as they are right.

Wayne

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu May 07, 2009 10:56 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Marc,

Did you want honest feedback on your team or for everybody to tell you it was great? Russ, YES. You hit it right on the nose. I want honest feedback on my team, stating that I dominated. :D
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."