Observations

Liquid_Madness

Observations

Post by Liquid_Madness » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:25 am

Eddiejag....

picked up Tiki with the wrap-around (last year's RB leader in the NFFC)....

I got to tell you... Deuce playing on the road all year is gonna wear on him... and the others too.... the soundbytes coming out of the team is not good right now....

and obviously everyone else felt the same way in my league as they all passed on him too...

Jamal will be an NFL MVP candidate this year... and I'll hopefully be counting the TD's all the way to the league promise land...

but thanks for the feedback... its the differences on how each of us approach players that makes this fun and interesting each year..

Good luck...
2006 Draft:
RB
Edge, Dunn, Duckett, M. Anderson, R. Moats, D. Davis
WR
Roy Williams, J. Walker D. Jackson, Troy Williamson, R. Ferguson, P. Price, Si. Moss
QB
A. Brooks, D. Brees
J. Stevens TE
L. Tynes K
NE Def

Tom Kessenich

Observations

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:54 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
Tom - if you started the draft with LT, Curtis Martin and Marvin Harrison as your first 3 picks in a 14 team draft how many would you win?

I'd definitely be feeling very good Dave, but I wouldn't start cashing that $100,000 check just yet. ;)

Point of fact is Manning and C-Pep probably WILL be the top 2 scorers in fantasy this year. Sadly that's not how the game is played.

Dyv My point is there are no hard and fast rules for winning a fantasy title. If those guys really strongly believed Manning and Culpepper were the best players on the board then they took them at the right spot. Way too early to make a final call whether they made the right move or not. In my opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Observations

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:58 am

drafting QB's (it could be anyone) with the 1st and 2nd overall picks is just stupid. i don't know if the actual owners are stupid or morons, but i think the strategy is stupid.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Dr. FI$HER

Observations

Post by Dr. FI$HER » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:02 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
drafting QB's (it could be anyone) with the 1st and 2nd overall picks is just stupid. i don't know if the actual owners are stupid or morons, but i think the strategy is stupid. If Manning or Culpepper do what they did last year, I think those picks are legit. There's no denying 49 TDs. Gekko, I think your luck has run out. Not impressed with your draft @ all!

As poseted earlier, you will not make the playoffs
FI$HER

Gordon Gekko

Observations

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:04 am

Originally posted by Dr. FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
drafting QB's (it could be anyone) with the 1st and 2nd overall picks is just stupid. i don't know if the actual owners are stupid or morons, but i think the strategy is stupid. If Manning or Culpepper do what they did last year, I think those picks are legit. There's no denying 49 TDs. Gekko, I think your luck has run out. Not impressed with your draft @ all!

As poseted earlier, you will not make the playoffs
[/QUOTE]you're a dufus, who doesn't know what he's talking about. sleep on that

i didn't like my team that much after last year's draft either, so that's probably a good sign. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

Observations

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:05 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
drafting QB's (it could be anyone) with the 1st and 2nd overall picks is just stupid. i don't know if the actual owners are stupid or morons, but i think the strategy is stupid. You're entitled to your opinion, Gordon.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TradeStar28

Observations

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:07 am

Ding Dong! The Gekko Witch Is Dead !

In all seriousness, more important than Gek's draft....I wanna know why this guy references hookers, prostitutes, lap dancers in many of his posts....

I coulda sworn the mag article said that this guy Gekko was married with kid(s) ?

Gekk...we hereby request $50,000 large in small bills...or we are going to the Mrs' !!!

ROFL
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Dyv

Observations

Post by Dyv » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:12 pm

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
Dyv, were those really your first three picks?

Curtis Martin and Harrison falling all the way back to the 28th and 29th picks? That's a sweet deal if it worked out that way - especially with possibility of adding a Trent Green or such later on. Hey Dooms - not my first 3 picks - but Ted's Cracked head got them...

D
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Liquid_Madness

Observations

Post by Liquid_Madness » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:02 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
Liquid, that decision will HAUNT you for years.

Wager: 20 bucks

Details: Deuce vs Jamal

You and Jamal win and you get 20 bucks from me.

[/URL] Ted it looks like that wager is goona HAUNT YOU!!!! Deuce gone for the year!!!! :eek: ;)
2006 Draft:
RB
Edge, Dunn, Duckett, M. Anderson, R. Moats, D. Davis
WR
Roy Williams, J. Walker D. Jackson, Troy Williamson, R. Ferguson, P. Price, Si. Moss
QB
A. Brooks, D. Brees
J. Stevens TE
L. Tynes K
NE Def