My Week 6 Vibes

da bears

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by da bears » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:35 am

Good vibes this week Tom! I feel your Steve Smith frustration being a fellow Smith owner, but at least for me Smith put on a good show in Vegas this year :D
Bauler Shot Caller

kjduke

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:17 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
Julius Jones has waffles for hands. He can't catch a cold. Marion Barber would be the top back in FF if he were to play full time IMO (and ISHO I'll bet) Jones has caught nearly everything thrown to him this season and he's made big plays on every reception. I'm not trying to say he's playing great - he isn't - but he is doing very well as a receiver and I'm surprised the Cowboys aren't utilizing him more in that role. [/QUOTE]I agree Tom.

I also think JJ is the better back of the two. Barber looks good because he often gets the ball in an open situation where he can run for yardage, and/or near the goal line so he gets the glory. Too often though, his feet run for 10 yards and he only gains two. He does seem to have excellent vision, but JJ can get thru small spaces quicker and no doubt can out-run MB if he ever did get in open space. Personally, I'd like to see what JJ could do as a nearly every-down back. I think he'd outperform Barber.

LETSROLL2007

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:50 pm

The Cowboys don't trust Jones. That was a quote from a guy (Brady) who ran our draft in LV, who played golf with Romo that week who said so. How's that for inside info and tacky name dropping?

LETSROLL2007

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:52 pm

I don't know . If you think Jones outperforms Barber you probably haven't been watching Cowboy games this year. Barber has been stelalr when he's in there and averages TWICE the yards per carry of Jones.

Greg Ambrosius

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:08 pm

Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
The Cowboys don't trust Jones. That was a quote from a guy (Brady) who ran our draft in LV, who played golf with Romo that week who said so. How's that for inside info and tacky name dropping? Just an FYI: Brady Tinker hosts Romo's radio show in Dallas and they've become good friends. I told him to bring Romo to our NFBC event in Las Vegas in March since it will be the off-season for him and he can set him up with some good golf.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

LETSROLL2007

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:25 pm

very cool. he was a super nice guy.

kjduke

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:02 pm

Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
I don't know . If you think Jones outperforms Barber you probably haven't been watching Cowboy games this year. Barber has been stelalr when he's in there and averages TWICE the yards per carry of Jones. Cowboys fan here. Think I've seen every game. Like I said, he gets more yards because he gets the ball with space. If there isn't a gaping hole he dances around and goes nowhere too often. He is a very good 3rd down back, but I'm not sure he'd be any better than Jones given the chance. From the playcalling, it's obvious they don't trust him - that's my point, I'd like to see what he can do if they did trust him.

They've always been concerned about his durability, which is probably why, more than anything, he gets 10-15 touches a game.

[ October 10, 2007, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

BillyWaz

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:27 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
Julius Jones has waffles for hands. He can't catch a cold. Marion Barber would be the top back in FF if he were to play full time IMO (and ISHO I'll bet) Jones has caught nearly everything thrown to him this season and he's made big plays on every reception. I'm not trying to say he's playing great - he isn't - but he is doing very well as a receiver and I'm surprised the Cowboys aren't utilizing him more in that role. [/QUOTE]I agree Tom.

I also think JJ is the better back of the two. Barber looks good because he often gets the ball in an open situation where he can run for yardage, and/or near the goal line so he gets the glory. Too often though, his feet run for 10 yards and he only gains two. He does seem to have excellent vision, but JJ can get thru small spaces quicker and no doubt can out-run MB if he ever did get in open space. Personally, I'd like to see what JJ could do as a nearly every-down back. I think he'd outperform Barber.
[/QUOTE]Well said KJ.

There is a reason Barber is not a 20 carry back and that is because he doesn't have much speed. He is tough, but JJ is the better back. Would be interesting to see what would happen if either of them would get injured, to see what either could do getting ALL the "love"! :D

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:45 am

I still like Jones in keeper leagues. His production when given featured back carries is impressive and his work as a receiver indicates he could flourish in an offense where the RB is involved in the passing game. As a Packers fan, I think he'd be a great fit in Green Bay.

I think the bottom may be falling out on Jones' fantasy value for this season barring an injury to Barber. He'll have a few decent games here and there but I'm not sure he'll be a worthy flex option most weeks. But long-term I still like him and since I don't expect him back in Dallas perhaps his new home will help him get back to the level of production he enjoyed not too long ago.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

LETSROLL2007

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:58 am

We already saw JJ as a featured back 2 years ago when he was drafted in the first round of the WCOFF mostly. He was officially a bust as I recall...I remember it vividly because we drafted him :confused: