magazine leagues

lumpy463

magazine leagues

Post by lumpy463 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:12 am

Having seen the teams, I can see why some owners would choose to not play the season out!

Good luck getting a consensus.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

GOD Loves You

magazine leagues

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:37 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

In any event, if there is a consensus arrived among those who took part in the drafts/auctions for the first Fantasy Sports issue we can run those for a $250 prize for the league champ. Let us know. Thanks. Consensus was we drafted with the intentions of playing out each league, not sure why it would change with a smaller payout.

I'd be more pi$$ed if the leagues weren't played, opposed to being upset with a smaller "stakes."
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

magazine leagues

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:40 am

I wish the 2nd Mag leagues were played out as well......just to see how my team fared after drafting a 4 RB's with my first 4 picks.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Surgically Enhanced TD's

magazine leagues

Post by Surgically Enhanced TD's » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:07 am

Was in the first draft...would love to see it played out. Chance at winning 250$ beats nothing at all.

moyer1313

magazine leagues

Post by moyer1313 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:28 am

Originally posted by Follow Me:

......I'm playing this out, whether it is for $500 or $250 or $0.

I would also like to play out all of the Magazine Leagues that I drafted that I knew would not have a payout.

Bragging rights is more than worth it........

Mark
Follow Me As I stated earlier in this thread, I am in.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

renman

magazine leagues

Post by renman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:16 am

If we can come to a consensus we'll play the leagues from the first issue out for the $250 prize as Greg has stated. Right now, it sounds like there's a split among those who took part on whether they want to play or not.

Yes the auction took longer than I thought. I guessed wrong because I'd done some on that site previously and was basing it off those results. I'm sorry I made that mistake. I was in that auction and my team was one of the last ones to finish so I was in there as long as anyone was that day.

I've also apologized for stating the league would have a $500 prize initially. I'm not sure what else I can say here other than I'm sorry if the drafts/auctions angered people and the prize now being $250 angers people. I realize there are some people upset with us right now and with me specifically and all I can say is that I am sorry if some you believe I've let you down. That was never my intention and I feel bad about that. Greg and I are trying to move forward and prepare for what we hope will be another great year for the NFFC. Hopefully, everyone taking part will feel the same way when it's all said and done.

In any event, if there is a consensus arrived among those who took part in the drafts/auctions for the first Fantasy Sports issue we can run those for a $250 prize for the league champ. Let us know. Thanks. Tom,

I can't speak for everyone, but some of us know you are going through a time of transition and chaos. I think everyone believes you have the best interests of the event and the participants at heart. It's just that fantasy football is a big part of the lives of those who play in higher stakes games and we have been so fulfilled by the NFFC the last handful of years people get very sensitive and frustrated if they see signs that things may be getting fouled up. Especially with some of the massive breakdowns in other events over the years.

Everyone (that I have ever talked to) agrees you and Greg have done a wonderful job over the years and I am sure that will continue. With regard to the magazine leagues. You mentioned that the "first" mag leagues will be played out. Does that mean the second issue mag leagues will not be played out? I only ask because I am pretty sure I did a draft for the second issue.

For the record, I drafted that team with the sense it was going to be played out with a tangible prize to be won at the end (even if I took a now suspended V. Jackson!). So if you were keeping track of a makeshift vote here I would enjoy playing out the season. For guys like me, every chance at a making a fantasy football dollar helps!

[ August 11, 2010, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

Tom Kessenich

magazine leagues

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:22 am

James, I think it's an exaggeration to say it's a time of chaos. The fact is we have already shown an increase in revenue for the NFFC compared to last year. So we are trending in the right direction and when you consider the economy and competition in this space I think that's something to be very excited about. We have a lot of great things going on right now. We've had some issues that were unfortunate but we have worked hard to correct them. As I said before, Greg and I are focusing on moving forward. We can't change what's happened in the past; we can only focus on making sure the present and future are as bright for this event and all of you who are participating in it as possible. That's been our focus since the day we created the NFFC and NFBC and that isn't going to change now.

ETA - at this time, we'll just plan on playing out the first issue's drafts/auctions if everyone is on board.

[ August 11, 2010, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

magazine leagues

Post by renman » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:27 am

James, I think it's an exaggeration to say it's a time of chaos. The fact is we have already shown an increase in revenue for the NFFC compared to last year. So we are trending in the right direction and when you consider the economy and competition in this space I think that's something to be very excited about. We have a lot of great things going on right now. We've had some issues that were unfortunate but we have worked hard to correct them. As I said before, Greg and I are focusing on moving forward. We can't change what's happened in the past; we can only focus on making sure the present and future are as bright for this event and all of you who are participating in it as possible. That's been our focus since the day we created the NFFC and NFBC and that isn't going to change now.

ETA - at this time, we'll just plan on playing out the first issue's drafts/auctions if everyone is on board. Tom,

A period of chaos, transition, change... call it what you want. I was simply trying to pay you a big fat personal compliment after you made a post apologizing repeatedly. Maybe you missed it.

[ August 11, 2010, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Renman ]

Jim Wiseheart

magazine leagues

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:31 am

Tom, if all but a few are wanting to play these out and you need a few people to manage the teams of those who don't want to play, I'll volunteer. I'm sure you can find several of us willing to play for $250 regardless of the quality of the team they would inherit. This might help solve the problem of getting a consensus. Thanks.