Live Chat With Greg: Wednesday At 3 PM ET

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:35 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
quote:Originally posted by Liquid Hippo:
Hippo, I'll fill in for Greg until he comes back soon.

Jennings-83 receptions
[/QUOTE]Ain't happening, especially if Finley stays relatively healthy....and highly improbable if he doesn't. To date, Jenning's high water mark is 80 receptions, and I don't see him surpassing that this year.
Imo, he's probably the most over rated player consistently going in round 2. You can get similar production from WR's going 2-3 rounds later. He'll need to get another 12-13 TD's this year to remotely warrant his adp.....again, ain't happening.
Figure around 68-70 receptions with a healthy Finley.
[/QUOTE]I don't know how you can call Jennings over-rated as a player when he ranked fifth in NFFC scoring among wideouts and averaged 17.1 ppg. He had 12 TDs last year after being ignored early on. I agree with you that he might not get 80+ catches, but he's the home run threat with a chance for 1,200 yards receiving each year. He's very, very consistent and I think another season of 10+ TD catches is possible with Finley back. In fact, Finley is going to take the safety across the middle more often now and nobody is going to cover Jennings one-on-one deep. He's so good at separating and he catches tough passes in traffic like that beauty in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl on third and 10. To me, he's a solid second round WR pick and he could easily surpass my projections.
[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'd expect a GB fanatic to think differently.... :rolleyes:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:39 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
If you had to put $100 down, who do you see Plaxico Burress signing with, and can you whip up some "ballpark" projections? I just don't think the Eagles "need" to have Plax, but he certainly could help the team and the motivation he'd have to excel against the Giants would be worth the price of admission. So I'll place my bet on Philadelphia to win, Miami to show and St. Louis to place. I spread my bets around!! :D

Conservatively and without knowing where he will land, I'd say 45 catches for 585 yards and 6 TDs. You have to believe he's working out like crazy now with the chance to duplicate what Michael Vick did (the return from jail act, not the MVP performance) and he certainly didn't get any shorter in jail. He doesn't need to run a 4.3 40 anymore, he just needs to get separation and outjump all of those shorter DBs. I think he will still be able to do both. I think he can reach my projections in the right situation and very easily top them. I'm looking forward to seeing where he will land once free agency gets rolling.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:41 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
With the news that Peyton Manning won't be ready for training camp, does anyone feel a little less likely to target the Hall of Fame QB this year? There's no doubt he has plenty of time to get right for the regular season, but it's obvious he hasn't been able to throw since the surgery and even Manning needs to work on his arm strength and timing with the wideouts. I think this has more ramifications than people think. Thoughts anyone? If history repeats itself Manning could very well start slow. In 2008 Peytons only year to miss training camp/pre season because of the bursa sac surgery these were his stats through the 1st month of the season: 784/3/4.
It wasn't until week 5 that he threw for multiple Td's in a game.

He ended up finishing the year 6th in passing yards....5th in passer rating and 5th in TD's while only tossing 8 more Int's over the final 13 games.

He might start slow but he's still Peyton Manning :D
[/QUOTE]I couldn't agree more. Peyton is all about timing and I think he will start off slow as well. There's no way he wants to miss most of training camp, but it doesn't look like he will throw for a bit and that will hurt his timing with receivers. Plus it will take a bit to build back the arm strength through repetitions. He's not 25 anymore. But by season's end, he will have 16 Games Started, 3,800+ yards and 30+ TD passes. He always does.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:49 am

Wow, no industry questions, no lockout questions, no controversial questions. You guys are boring me!! :D Not even any Tom questions with him gone and not able to defend himself. :D

[ July 20, 2011, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:58 am

As for the lockout, ESPN is reporting that the owners already have enough votes to approve the new CBA and an owners meeting in Atlanta is already taking place. The legal document is 500+ pages, so they got a head start on the legalese and could vote tomorrow, depending on what the players do today. I have to believe the owners' vote is a slam dunk at this point.

We'll find out soon what the players think of it. There are definitely some dissenters out there, but like NFLPA president Kevin Mawae said earlier this is about 1900 players and even more retired players. It's time to get this done.

Mawae referenced the four plaintiffs who were reportedly holding out for more personal gain in his comments to reporters Wednesday.

"The deal we're working on is the one that's best for all the players in the NFL and not just four guys," he said.

I can't see the two sides getting together for more negotations. It's time for both sides to bite the bullet and get this done. Let's hope the players vote today and vote for a new CBA.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 am

ESPN is reporting that between 10 to 12 player reps have left the meeting already to keep scheduled travel plans. WHAT?? Either they've already given their two cents and their votes on the proposal or they have something more important to get to, whatever the hell that could be. You'd think the player reps would work through the night if needed to get this done.

Chris Mortenson is saying we shouldn't look into this as a negative, but it's crazy to think all 32 player reps wouldn't stay until tonight's vote and then come out unified as one for the media. Why would some player reps leave already? This is a frustrating process to follow.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 am

...That means folks are picking these guys as their starting QBs, not QB2s who could surprise this year. Or are most who take one of these guys also following up a couple rounds later with a similar QB and planning to play matchups? If so, they're not really taking them as full-time starters (though I'm sure they're HOPING that pans out - but it didn't fare so well last year when this group included Kolb, Stafford, Flacco, etc.).

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:17 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
...That means folks are picking these guys as their starting QBs, not QB2s who could surprise this year. Or are most who take one of these guys also following up a couple rounds later with a similar QB and planning to play matchups? If so, they're not really taking them as full-time starters (though I'm sure they're HOPING that pans out - but it didn't fare so well last year when this group included Kolb, Stafford, Flacco, etc.). [/QUOTE]You're right Mike, this could be the case. Plus our ADPs right now include a lot of Draft Champions formats and maybe these guys are going as QB2s to those DC teams. But either way these guys are on the fringe of really producing for fantasy teams this year and could be QB1s very easily in 2011.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:28 am

Wow, no industry questions, no lockout questions, no controversial questions. You guys are boring me!! :D Not even any Tom questions with him gone and not able to defend himself. :D What's the latest on the WCOFF situation?

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:31 am

Greg - Can you provide more details on the Thursday night Viewing Party? I'm looking forward to catching up with a bunch of people.

Food?
Drink?
Hotties? :D
Some type of NFFC Invitational Draft directly after the game? :cool: