How would you feel?

BLACKHAND

How would you feel?

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:05 am

so i guess the white sox should just play all the scrubs this weekend against the tigers and the heck with the twins cause they are a weak team ? some people have integrity and some do not.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Raiders

How would you feel?

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:30 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
so i guess the white sox should just play all the scrubs this weekend against the tigers and the heck with the twins cause they are a weak team ? some people have integrity and some do not. Frank,

BONGIZMO just put it in his vault. :D :D :D

Can't wait when BONGIZMO is in Frank's League and he remembers this reply and tries to stop Frank from winning the League, door bell rings and the pizza gets delivered. I guess I made the list as well rotfl. :rolleyes:

John

bobsgym13

How would you feel?

Post by bobsgym13 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:54 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
Oct. 24th 2006: (the times change, but some things remain constant.)

"Plain and simple.

You want the dead money players to beat your opponents...so your weak team can sneak into the playoffs via better record.

Am I correct?

Integrity my butt. The above statement is the real motivation for all this crap.

What happens when a team that gives up makes it into the playoffs via points since you keep helping it optimize it's lineup with best avg. scoring players?

~Lance" We wouldn't selectively choose when the dead money teams replaced 'out' players.

So the 'weak' teams would never get to face them either. It works both ways.

The biggest thing that you are missing is when a league has two 'strong' teams (points) watching a 'weak' team play a deadbeat team and take home second place money with a week 13 87-54 victory.

It's all part of the game and doing anything about is probably not practical, but to say that this isn't at all about trying to improve the integrity of the game is just wrong. ;)

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

BONGIZMO

How would you feel?

Post by BONGIZMO » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:33 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
so i guess the white sox should just play all the scrubs this weekend against the tigers and the heck with the twins cause they are a weak team ? some people have integrity and some do not. Frank,

Can't wait when BONGIZMO is in Frank's League and he remembers this reply and tries to stop Frank from winning the League, door bell rings and the pizza gets delivered. I guess I made the list as well rotfl. :rolleyes:

John
[/QUOTE]Now I recall why I left these boards for the most part for a number of years. Bring up things the vocal minority doesn't like and have veiled threats (even in jest) lobbed one's way. Talk to me about integrity? LOL now that is a joke.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Raiders

How would you feel?

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:02 am

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

John
[/QUOTE]Now I recall why I left these boards for the most part for a number of years. Bring up things the vocal minority doesn't like and have veiled threats (even in jest) lobbed one's way. Talk to me about integrity? LOL now that is a joke.
[/QUOTE]Come on, it was a joke, I added in a :D and a rotfl. I thought you understood that?

Nothing personnal,

John

Raiders

How would you feel?

Post by Raiders » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:05 am

Also Put it in your vault is a line from Jerry Steinfeld. Made your list is a line from the movie Stripes.

John

[ October 02, 2009, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

BLACKHAND

How would you feel?

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:16 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

John
[/QUOTE]Come on, it was a joke, I added in a :D and a rotfl. I thought you understood that?

Nothing personnal,

John
[/QUOTE]sorry if you take it wrong...but im not joking. if you go off the mb thats on you. if you have a problem with a few dudes here fine. i will say it plain and simple. DO NOT PULL THAT CRAP ON ME !! take it any way you want. many people on the mb know me in person. i consider myself a standup guy. there have been years where I was that weak team playing a friend( RI WORKHORSE). i told johnny that i was still picking up free agents and trying to beat him and would expect the same from him. if you do not have integrity you do not have a league. if you have a team that is dead for the last 5 weeks , that is bad but if you have a team that screws you the last week of the year to steal from you...well then all bets are off. and take that how you may.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN