The playoff "advantage"???

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:25 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
[qb] We may have become polar opposites, Lance!
I disagree with every line in your post!
Can't wait to see you in Vegas this year, will it be the Flamingo, Bellagio, or both? If things go well...Bellagio.

Polar Opposites at last!!!

We can now make a successful blog talk radio show! :D
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:46 am

I posted this in the luck vs. skill threads, but it's obviously more appropriate here.

I believe it was John (RAIDERS) that suggested that maybe we should let playoff teams enter the playoffs w/ 2 or 3 times their regular season average instead of just one. To me, this makes the most sense. As it is now, you get to bring your 13-week reg. season average into the playoffs. Then you play 3 more games for the big money. That puts 3/4 of the importance on the playoffs and only rewards you 1/4 of your stellar regular season.

Someone else mentioned something along the lines of "we should be happy to be in the playoffs at all and have gotten some of our money back". Shouldn't this apply MORE to the lower scoring teams who got in by record? Shouldn't THEY be the ones to be thankful to have a "lottery ticket" when they were in the middle of their league in points?

By bringing in 3x your season average, that would put equal value on the regular season and the playoffs. It would also very likely result in more higher reg. season scoring teams winning the big money. And shouldn't that be the way it is? Doesn't the NFFC want to be able to crown a champion each year w/ more likelihood of honestly being able to say "So and so was one of the BEST teams all year, and is now our champion"?

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:07 am

bump