Leave the NFFC AS IS

ForLoveOfTheGame

Leave the NFFC AS IS

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:14 pm

I'm ALLLLLL for keeping more teams involved as long as the top teams get rewarded then some others battle it out for third, such as a 3 week playoff for 3rd through 5th or 6th or something...

You would think I would be for the 3rd and 4th place teams being involved as I had more of those than ever, wasn't my best year but I don't feel like those teams were good enough (except one that lost out to a lucky head to head owner and finished a few points back of the wild card but I'll make a run at 2k in the consolation bracket!). Definitely wasn't my best year :( Oh well, time to saddle up my teams for the best 3 weeks of the season! Good luck to you as well Glenn, I'm sure I'll see you near the top in the end!

bockman1

Leave the NFFC AS IS

Post by bockman1 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:02 pm

As a first year player here and 30+ years fantasy player I was not sure how I would like the format. The KDS, 13 week season, A bit of all play, different playoff format and 3RR. I have also played both other HS leagues since the start. I like the playoff format here with the big money going to 1st and 2nd. A playoff for the 3rd only place would not be a bad idea. You have 13 weeks, longer than any other contest, to show you deserve to be there. There is nothing more frustrating than having a whole season go down the drain when someone gets hot for 1 week and even though you had the most points or best record you are out of the big league money. In fact in the other league the 1 and 2 seeds lost in 3 of the 4 leagues basically leaving them out of the real money because the 1 week counted as much as the first 11. For the firt time in forever I did not make the playoffs in any league after averaging 80% since the wcoff started and the truth is I did not deserve to be in them. I had the injury season from hell. But if some of the changes that were suggested here I would have made the playoffs even though through bad luck mostly I did not deserve to in the playoffs. I lost Britt, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Ford Moore,Macklin, Manningham,evans, Bennett, Mcfadden, Forte , Mathews, starks, wells, addai, Felis Jones, Lynch, cutler freeman bradford and now for a kick in the nuts Fred Davis. ( I now need a drink for depression) Throw in slow starts by Foster and Chris Johnson and the season was a disaster. I know all of these guys were not out all season but when you add up the number of guys hurt in a game that got 0 or 1 points plus guys out for several weeks I did not deserve to be there. These things have a way of evening out over time. There is no perfect format but this is the best I have seen even though it hurt me this year. There has been dead money and guys quitting leagues from the start and many things have been tried and willl be tried but it will be a prolem as long as there is fantasy football There are always winners and losers some people just give and and quit when things go bad and face it there will always be more losers than winners. I think things are good pretty much as they are and that is why my main event next year will be here. There are some unique things here that make it different and exciting and there is no need to change a bunch of things. I am not singling anyone out by any means but most of the time the changes suggested would help up that person in the current year and I have seen some of the same people on both sides of this depending on which way would help them the most in different years. I do not mean to offend anyone but just some thoughts from a new player here but someone who has been there since the begining of High Stakes Leagues.
when you figure out there is no way to figure it out your almost there

BLACKHAND

Leave the NFFC AS IS

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:11 pm

very good post. points well taken.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Sandman62

Leave the NFFC AS IS

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:46 pm

Agreed. Great post!