ELIAS Stats Revisions?

mattjb

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by mattjb » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:20 am

can't believe people are trying to justify this. there was no pass completion to Nicks as it was ruled out of bounds. the completion never existed. it doesn't matter that it should have counted - there are probably half a dozen plays every week that should count that don't.

[ September 22, 2011, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: mattjb ]

Greg Ambrosius

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:22 am

Originally posted by thegambler:
side question, anyone can answer:

when there is a scoring change does the nffc automatically make the correction or do we have to request it?

thanks in advance Andy, all of these scoring changes come directly from Elias Sports and are changed throughout the week. Our rules clearly state that changes can be made up until Thursday at 6 pm ET. At that point, NFFC scoring is final. Nobody has to request these changes; heck, we don't request them. It's Elias Sports going through the tapes of each game and making sure the correct stats are done for each game. Those changes are usually done by Wednesday night and announced on all fantasy sites.

I am honestly shocked that Elias made this scoring change the way they did. The ref clearly walked off the penalty, there was no review of Nicks' feet being inbounds and the spot of the ball was different than what happened on the play. I think it sets a bad precedent from Elias and the NFL. This really does seem like a stat change for fantasy players, not for NFL purposes. Mistakes are made each game by NFL referees and Elias doesn't correct them on Wednesday. I'm not sure why they corrected this one, but as a game operator we have to use the official stats of the NFL and thus this change is made as Elias sees fit.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BLACKHAND

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:22 am

fact.... the ref threw the flag.

fact... he did not say penalty declined.

fact...if he would have said that you can bet it would have been reviewed.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

joetreff

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by joetreff » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:23 am

Thanks for clarifying that

[ September 22, 2011, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

joetreff

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by joetreff » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:25 am

Excellent points, Nicks was way out of bounds and never ever should've gotten credit for the catch. Good points all-around

[ September 22, 2011, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

mattjb

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by mattjb » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:27 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
quote:Originally posted by mattjb:
can't believe people are trying to justify this. there was no pass completion to Nicks as it was ruled out of bounds. the completion never existed. it doesn't matter that it should have counted - there are probably half a dozen plays every week that should count that don't. It wasn't ruled out of bounds. If it was out of bounds it wouldn't have been pass interference. [/QUOTE]what are you on about? tha catch WAS ruled out of bounds.
Of course it can still be pass interference. Do you even know the rules of the game? :confused:

[ September 22, 2011, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: mattjb ]

Tom Kessenich

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:27 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
the completion never existed. This would seem to be the most pertinent point.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:30 am

the giants wound never ever decline the penalty if there was the slightest chance he did not catch the ball or have it inbounds.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

joetreff

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by joetreff » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:33 am

Absolutely

[ September 22, 2011, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

Greg Ambrosius

ELIAS Stats Revisions?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:35 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
I see a difference between the Giants accepting the penalty and the ref accepting it for them and them not caring...They never accepted it...the ref moved the ball because 99% of pass int. penalties are accepted and the pass was usually incomplete...the Giants didn't care and the game moved on.

The stats were corrected later. Can't believe the uproar... One thing I'll say is that the NFL refs clearly accept the penalties for teams much quicker these days than in the past. I assume this is a mandate from the NFL or a recommendation from the league. On these type of plays do the NFL ref ask the captain or head coach if they want to accept the play or the penalty. They just make the announcement of the call and walk it off. I'm sure it's to keep the game moving, but in this case they definitely went too quickly and got it wrong...according to Elias.

I noticed in the Packers' game on Sunday the Panthers were called for holding on second and 10 and it was incomplete and the ref marched off 10 yards without consulting the Packers to make it 2nd and 20. I actually thought the Packers should decline it and make it 3rd and 10, but the ref walked it off immediately. Maybe it's time to take a breath and ask the coaches if they want the play or the penalty, just like the old days.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius