Provisional NFBC Message Board

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Well I found the site and I'm not quite sure what Walla's problem with it is....
I think it looks great & seems easy to navigate.
I'm going to look around a bit more to see all the features.

Looking forward to when the team pages are loaded so I can take a gander at that.

One more thing.....I guessed right!!!

Glenn Congrats. Are you happy with our decision for New York??? :D
[/QUOTE]As a lifelong Mets fan....what do you think?
I'll just put it this way..... :D :D :D

Honestly Greg.....great job on all the draft sites.

I like the website a lot too.....
I've been playing around on it for awhile.
I really like the pictures and profiles of the future Hall of Fame candidates under the Hall of Fame tab....something for a lot of us to aspire to. Let me know when you want my closeup..... ;)

A couple quick things I noticed.....

The message board is very similar to the former message board (a major plus), but with a new sleeker look.....I like it.
However, your IT techs will have to tweak the settings to get the date & time of postings back.

I would also have a forward or back tab for the special offers banner so someone could flick back & forth through them without having to wait for the default time setting.

Just in pure look & feel, the website is much cooler.....I'm a fan.

Glenn

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:15 pm

A few more minor recommendations....

I would organize the draft sites on the right of the home page & on the upper tab by either date or region....right now its neither.
I think it would just make it a little clearer to a first time visitor to your website.

Your $125 WTA is actually a pay top 2.
I would also specify the WTA $125 satellite rather than the Pay Top 3 $125 satellite in the upper tab, because the WTA is the one that differs from your typical satellite. Might be a little confusing to a new visitor.

I would place the online championships records tab right under the NFBC records tab & place the career earnings leaders tab on the bottom. The current position of the earnings tab kinda lends one to believe that it doesn't include online championships earnings while it does.

Lastly & most importantly.....I would start the countdown clock.......

Just suggestions for minor tweaks Greg that I think might help a little ....
Overall, I again think this is another winner for the NFBC & Fanball.....great job.

Glenn

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:43 pm

link???
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:54 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
link???

dig in Lance !

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Well I found the site and I'm not quite sure what Walla's problem with it is....
I think it looks great & seems easy to navigate.
I'm going to look around a bit more to see all the features.

Looking forward to when the team pages are loaded so I can take a gander at that.

One more thing.....I guessed right!!!

Glenn Congrats. Are you happy with our decision for New York??? :D
[/QUOTE]As a lifelong Mets fan....what do you think?
I'll just put it this way..... :D :D :D

Honestly Greg.....great job on all the draft sites.

I like the website a lot too.....
I've been playing around on it for awhile.
I really like the pictures and profiles of the future Hall of Fame candidates under the Hall of Fame tab....something for a lot of us to aspire to. Let me know when you want my closeup..... ;)

A couple quick things I noticed.....

The message board is very similar to the former message board (a major plus), but with a new sleeker look.....I like it.
However, your IT techs will have to tweak the settings to get the date & time of postings back.

I would also have a forward or back tab for the special offers banner so someone could flick back & forth through them without having to wait for the default time setting.

Just in pure look & feel, the website is much cooler.....I'm a fan.

Glenn
[/QUOTE]The message board is just being duplicated at this point and the new additions will come in the next couple of weeks. It is a major task to transfer all of the historical data from the message boards and it's taking more time than we expected. So we'll make the additions soon enough, which you'll like.

We're getting closer on the rest. Almost there.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
link??? We have a lot of things to still load onto the site and the message boards are still being loaded with past posts, but you can check out the new site at:

http://nfbc.fanball.com

If you find any typos or things that need to be corrected post here or on the new message boards. NFFC folks can check this out too because this will likely be the type of look for the NFFC site going forward. I hope you like it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:32 pm

Nice upgrade on first look... good layout, flow and color palette.
@RedRyder

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Are the baseball boards completely shut down right now??

Just tried to post on the "test thread", and it wouldn't let me.

[ December 06, 2009, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Are the baseball boards completely shut down right now??

Just tried to post on the "test thread", and it wouldn't let me. Yes. We'll get them back up tomorrow I hope with all of the past historical posts, icons, time stamps and the rest. Sorry for the dead air over the weekend there. We'll get them up soon.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:33 am

I'll pass on this one KJ...I'm in one slow draft now, and that'll hold me over for the next 30 days.

You sharks can go a little hungry with less chum in the league! :D

Spending 40 days to draft, plus in season management time to win a mere $975 isn't such a great investment when the rest of the league have resumes of that caliber.

I'm slowly kicking my ego's ass down to size! :D

I'm also considering only playing in individual leagues with the highest league payout. If I win my way into the main...awesome...but not sure I really like the setup of any main event anymore. (unless I can satellite my way in, making the league entry (325) to league payout a much better ratio).

I'm also considering using the ME entry I'm saving to jump into an auction or something. Do they do mixed auctions...those NL or AL only auctions are dinosaur games for the birds! (who may be the evolution of dinosaurs (birds)) ;) ;)
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver