Greg, please help Las Vegas #8..

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:46 am

This contest or any other will never solve the problem of some owners "drifting away" at some point in the season - whether it's because of their view about their teams chances of success or something that happens in their life that pulls them away from fantasy football.

I doubt there is anything that can or should be done about those teams during the season. What I suggested to Greg over the weekend was that those teams who have an incomplete lineup for more than one week should be ineligible for the consolation tournament.

Whether that owner should be allowed to enter next year's event would be up to those running the event.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:53 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
This contest or any other will never solve the problem of some owners "drifting away" at some point in the season - whether it's because of their view about their teams chances of success or something that happens in their life that pulls them away from fantasy football.

I doubt there is anything that can or should be done about those teams during the season. What I suggested to Greg over the weekend was that those teams who have an incomplete lineup for more than one week should be ineligible for the consolation tournament.

Whether that owner should be allowed to enter next year's event would be up to those running the event. THE PROBLEM WITH THAT PERRY IS THAT ONE WOULD HAVE TO LOOK AT WHY THEIR LINEUP WAS INCOMPLETE. ESPECIALLY WITH THIS SEASON. FOR EXAMPLE IN ONE LEAGUE I HAD TO CUT DONALD LEE JUST TO ABLE TO FILL A LINEUP. NOT SAYING HE IS GREAT BUT HE IS O.K. AND OUTPRODUCING MY STARTER OWEN DANIELS. NOW WITH THE LINEUPS BEING SO STRINGENT IN THIS FORMAT I KNOW SOME TEAMS DON'T FILL A LINEUP BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO RELEASE ANYONE. NOW IS THAT ANY MORE FAIR THAN SOMEONE JUST NOT FILLING A LINEUP AT ALL? WHO WOULD BE THE GOVERNING BODY TO MAKE THAT DECISION? IT IS JUST LIKE YOU SAID NO REAL ANSWER TO IT.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:02 am

The team in question is ranked #87 so far this week with 137.50 and Stover and Balt left...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:17 am

John - yes, but he had Bruce in his lineup with Wilford and another playable WR on his bench - maybe just confused about bye weeks?

Kotrax - that is why I specifically said MORE than one week

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:22 am

The real problem is a group of three or four players in the same league taking weeks "off" to promote the record of a single team. This possibility is yet another reason to replace H2H with a different format. I like some things about the H2H. What is wrong with using the power rankings aready provided on our team sites to determine the playoffs next season? This system still allows record to factor, but also points AND "play-all". Collusion would be rendered impossible because play-all and points totals count as two-thirds of the equation.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:25 am

YES CAPTAIN I KNOW YOU SAID THAT. HOWEVER WITH A SEASON'S LIKE THIS YEAR WHICH IS UNPRECIDENTED IN FANTASY HISTORY THE SITUATION DESCRIBED ABOVE COULD HAPPEN FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEK. I HAVE SEEN TEAMS THIS YEAR MORE THAN ANY OTHER YEAR DROP QUALITY TALENT JUST TO FILL A HALF-A** LINE UP. ALL IN THE NAME OF HAVING "ACTIVE" PEOPLE KNOWING THEY PROBABALY WOULD STILL LOSE THE MATCHUP. NOW IF YOU HAVE PEOPLE ON THE BENCH WHO ARE ACTIVE THAT IS ONE THING BUT IF IT IS A INJURY SITUATION AND YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO DROP ANYONE THEN THAT IS EQUALLY AS BAD.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:26 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
John - yes, but he had Bruce in his lineup with Wilford and another playable WR on his bench - maybe just confused about bye weeks?

Kotrax - that is why I specifically said MORE than one week The confusion does happen....usually when someone doesn't have a whole lot of time with life stuff. I see it all the time.

He took out Droughns and put in Bruce LOL.

I agree with your post...

also, I'd hate to see the event put in someone like Reggie Williams yesterday over a choice of a similar player. That's another can of worms...

In LV1, all three bottom 2-6 teams won this week, two of whom played top 3 teams. Major kudos to them.

Our first place team has not scored over 125 while winning five straight, and went with a bye week K last week, a bye week TE this week, and they have three D's on their roster. Go Figure.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:29 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
The real problem is a group of three or four players in the same league taking weeks "off" to promote the record of a single team. This possibility is yet another reason to replace H2H with a different format. I like some things about the H2H. What is wrong with using the power rankings aready provided on our team sites to determine the playoffs next season? This system still allows record to factor, but also points AND "play-all". Collusion would be rendered impossible because play-all and points totals count as two-thirds of the equation. BY PLAY ALL BLUE FOOT DO YOU MEAN IN ESSENCE EVERYONE PLAYS EVERYONE EACH WEEK? IF SO THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA.

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:02 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
The real problem is a group of three or four players in the same league taking weeks "off" to promote the record of a single team. This possibility is yet another reason to replace H2H with a different format. I like some things about the H2H. What is wrong with using the power rankings aready provided on our team sites to determine the playoffs next season? This system still allows record to factor, but also points AND "play-all". Collusion would be rendered impossible because play-all and points totals count as two-thirds of the equation. BY PLAY ALL BLUE FOOT DO YOU MEAN IN ESSENCE EVERYONE PLAYS EVERYONE EACH WEEK? IF SO THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA. [/QUOTE]Look under "Standings" and then select "Power rankings" on your team's page. This is what I would like see decide our playoff teams!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:11 am

Rendeman your opening up pandora's box here, a savy owner could then on purpose start a bye week player, the league would then have to put in a starter for that spot.. how do you choose what player? the guy could just let the league put in the better of the 2 he had a question about starting.. just gets dicey..

Just email the guy, tell him to fix his lineup..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com