Geoff Stein Update: On The Road To Recovery

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:51 pm

Not sure I've ever been so moved between Glenn's son and Geoff. Having never met either, yet I feel very close to both.

Let's get past this Geoff!!!!!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I just talked to Geoff's mom and she said Geoff's fever has broke and they no longer believe he'll need to have heart surgery. She said he's still on the ventilator and under sedation but they hope to ween him off both. She sounded very upbeat and it sounds like things are turning in a positive direction. Let's hope so. Great news Tom! A little momentum will hopefully lead to a quick and positive outcome.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:55 am

GREAT NEWS about Geoff this morning everyone.

I just talked with his mom and everything is looking much, much better for Geoff. She said the fever broke completely last night and Geoff is almost at 98.6. They feel they have a handle on the infection, hopefully. They are going to do a CAT scan this morning on his lungs and with any luck he will be off the ventilator soon. He is now conscious and he knew I was on the phone. She put the phone to Geoff's ear and I told him that everyone was thinking about him, that everyone was praying for him and that everything would work out. She said he acknowledged everything and hopefully we can talk soon.

So they have a few more tests today and then they will have a better grasp on what the future holds. No heart surgery is in the plans and he hasn't had any surgery to this point, so the antibiotics did their job. Let's keep praying for Geoff and hopefully he will be on his feet soon. The road to recovery is already starting, thankfully.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:20 am

Awesome!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Money

Post by Money » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:08 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
GREAT NEWS about Geoff this morning everyone.

I just talked with his mom and everything is looking much, much better for Geoff. She said the fever broke completely last night and Geoff is almost at 98.6. They feel they have a handle on the infection, hopefully. They are going to do a CAT scan this morning on his lungs and with any luck he will be off the ventilator soon. He is now conscious and he knew I was on the phone. She put the phone to Geoff's ear and I told him that everyone was thinking about him, that everyone was praying for him and that everything would work out. She said he acknowledged everything and hopefully we can talk soon.

So they have a few more tests today and then they will have a better grasp on what the future holds. No heart surgery is in the plans and he hasn't had any surgery to this point, so the antibiotics did their job. Let's keep praying for Geoff and hopefully he will be on his feet soon. The road to recovery is already starting, thankfully. This is easily the BEST "Post of the year". Glad to hear everything is looking up.
Joe

renman

Post by renman » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:51 am

Wow... assuming everything continues to progress in the right direction that is wonderful new and a relief!

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:38 am

Excellent update. Hopefully more to come.

perrylin

Post by perrylin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:49 am

Great news. It's good to see everything's on the uptick.

jimchristie

Post by jimchristie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:54 am

Great news and this speaks to the power of prayer!!!!!!