Live Chat With Greg A. On Monday At 3 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:24 am

Originally posted by GG:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
This is my first year with Fanball's live scoring for football, but we currently have it for baseball and really haven't had many hiccups at all. Our only trouble was early on getting the categories in the order the players wanted and the ones they wanted. Once we got that done, things have been very smooth. We get the live feed from STATS, Inc., so they are immediate. this week, i just started looking at the live scoring for the NFBC leagues i'm in. VERY impressive. stats are there within seconds and the standing update real-time. :cool: [/QUOTE]You should have been using that feature MONTHS ago!!! :D Yeah, the real-time standings are nice for baseball, but I now we can improve on that feature a bit next year. Football should work nicely too.

Some sites get their live scoring feed from sources other than STATS and they will be behind by a couple of minutes. Ours should flow right in as they happen from STATS, a feature nobody really talks about but one you'll notice if you're in multiple leagues this year with other companies.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:27 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Greg...will we have any access to ADP data from real money NFFC drafts prior to the Classic? Yeah, for baseball we were able to have three sets of ADPs prior to the live drafts. I'm going to have to work with Geoff and Seth on this as we glean the information from our own pay leagues. I'm sure we can do this, but I need to check with the IT group first before committing to this. But I don't think it will be a problem and I would think we would have multiple releases for those in pay leagues. Again, in the past I gave the lists to those who helped generate the results and that will be the case again this year.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

kentucky

Post by kentucky » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:27 am

greg
now that Brett has been out of GB for two years, what is or will be the feeling when he comes back to Lambeau in a Vike jersey this year?
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
When I win the 50k for the online championship how do I enter it on my maryland tax return? Other winners can answer this better than me, but all winnings are earned income. You will have expenses that you'll want to note that helped you earn this income, but that's what this is.

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 am

Originally posted by KyThunder:
greg
now that Brett has been out of GB for two years, what is or will be the feeling when he comes back to Lambeau in a Vike jersey this year? Snore........

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:33 am

Originally posted by KyThunder:
greg
now that Brett has been out of GB for two years, what is or will be the feeling when he comes back to Lambeau in a Vike jersey this year? YES!!! Now we're bringing the good questions!! :D

Hey, I think every Packer fan tips their hat to Brett for what he accomplished last year. I mean, he really was FANTASTIC last year and he made some incredible throws, took over the leadership of that team and led them to a possible Super Bowl team. In the two games against the Packers, he was just LIGHTS OUT!! I was in Lambeau and he made every key throw and they couldn't get to him with the blitz and when they didn't blitz he just sat back there and tore them apart.

But fans will still boo him when he comes back to Lambeau Field just like they would with any other opposing QB. Fans like myself see him as the prima donna that he is and we love to tell Vikings' fans that they were FAVRED at the most critical moment, just like Packer fans were for years. But the guys is just always trying to make plays and he wasn't really to blame for that loss in New Orleans. He left it all out there and you had to admire him.

We want another shot at him. That rivalry is bigger than even the Packer-Bear rivalry of the past, so this should be fun. He's definitely coming back, he will be booed in Lambeau again and he will probably stick it to us again. But that's the fun of it. I can't wait.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:37 am

Originally posted by Popcorn Maker:
quote:Originally posted by KyThunder:
greg
now that Brett has been out of GB for two years, what is or will be the feeling when he comes back to Lambeau in a Vike jersey this year? Snore........
[/QUOTE]The Vikings couldn't even fill up their own stadium for a playoff game before Brett got there. Then he goes to Minnesota and every Viking fan finds a way to get a ticket to Lambeau Field and has on a new Favre purple pukin' jersey with the tag still sticking out of it. Man, that was a wild night in Lambeau and it will be again this year.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:38 am

ESPN reports that Chris Johnson just agreed to a new restructured contract with the Titans. Lock him in as the No. 1 QB.

Oh, and not to be outdone, Chilly went down to Mississippi to talk with Brett. Snore............

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:38 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Greg...will we have any access to ADP data from real money NFFC drafts prior to the Classic? Yeah, for baseball we were able to have three sets of ADPs prior to the live drafts. I'm going to have to work with Geoff and Seth on this as we glean the information from our own pay leagues. I'm sure we can do this, but I need to check with the IT group first before committing to this. But I don't think it will be a problem and I would think we would have multiple releases for those in pay leagues. Again, in the past I gave the lists to those who helped generate the results and that will be the case again this year. [/QUOTE]So are you saying that the ADP data generated from these leagues will be available only to those who participated in those leagues?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:41 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Greg...will we have any access to ADP data from real money NFFC drafts prior to the Classic? Yeah, for baseball we were able to have three sets of ADPs prior to the live drafts. I'm going to have to work with Geoff and Seth on this as we glean the information from our own pay leagues. I'm sure we can do this, but I need to check with the IT group first before committing to this. But I don't think it will be a problem and I would think we would have multiple releases for those in pay leagues. Again, in the past I gave the lists to those who helped generate the results and that will be the case again this year. [/QUOTE]So are you saying that the ADP data generated from these leagues will be available only to those who participated in those leagues?
[/QUOTE]That is the goal, but I believe we wound up giving it to all pay members last year at some point. But we did start this because others were profiting from our results and the goal was to give the ADPs to those who generated them. But again, I think we ended up giving them to all NFFC members last year.