Having a "drops" committee

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am

Originally posted by Steel Curtain:
It never fails to amaze me how a topic about an idea gets ridiculously turned into a whizzing match each and every time. Ridiculously childish, IMO. You may not have agreed with the idea, but at least it was an idea and not another freekin' childish post about how someone was a better player than someone else or how someone thinks someone else is sucking up to Tom/Greg. Quite frankly, it does get old and as someone who is relatively new, I can see why there are many who do not post and/or just never come to this message board. The problem as I see it is that you will have some nuggets of information on these boards. However, it's like trying to find a gold ring in a pile of pig ****. BWaz was simply throwing up an idea. It may or may not have been a good one, but at least it was an idea on how to try and improve something. Then, as usual, it turns into personal attacks on two different fronts. Perhaps we should have a Personal Attacks forum within the NFFC message boards so we can seperate the information from the crap. Quite frankly, I believe this is one reason that the NFFC will not grow as big as it could be. Why would people want to subject themselves to ridicule each and every time they had an idea or question and posed it to the masses? To be honest, I'm simply trying out the satellites this year to determine whether or not I want to join the main event next year. I'm just curious if the vitreole of this message board is continued out at the live drafts when everyone is face to face or is it being done solely over the internet with people hiding behind a keyboard? To be honest, the $1300 entry fee is no big deal to me and I'd do it in an instant. The thing that turns me off is the way it appears that a lot of folks treat others with much disrespect. Is this the way things go at the main event? No, the main event is a blast Steel Curtain. I look forward to drafting my team in person every year. This is my fourth year of playing in the main event and the experience is top notch. Of course I'm in Vegas every year, so it is tough not to have a good time. :D But Greg and Tom put on a great show and the majority of the guys in this event are good people.

Unfortunately, alot of dumb stuff is said on these message boards from time to time and can be annoying I must admit. But don't let that drive you away Steel Curtain. This is a great contest and you will have a good time competing in the main event if you decide to enter.

[ November 19, 2007, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:15 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:

[/QUOTE]You may not agree Mark, but some folks like Rob deserve just a little more respect from you on these boards.
[/QUOTE]Especially since he's the ONLY NFFC champ to win without the aide of a partner so far. :D

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:43 am

Removing players at all needs another piece of info to be considered. What about a league not having AS GOOD of a chance of sending someone to play for the 100k?

Example, someone couldnt resist taking 4 QBs at the draft and they took 4 value picks, Brady in the 4th, Rothlis in the 7th, Favre in the 11th and Derek Anderson with his last pick.

Now 4 weeks in he realizes he needs to drop someone. But is it unfair or does it distort the contest? No, his league is probably way below average in points because of how it worked out. There are 2-3 owners in his league starting Alex Smith, Brian Griese and Trent Dilfer.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:44 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
What a last couple day's on the boards.People just dont care if they offend anybody, ive never seen so many battles with everyone.The fun part of this game is starting to get sucked right out , or just suck's.McNabb to the wed rule to everybody crying to keep him out of the pool.
I cant wait for baseball , nothing like this BS doesnt happen , or very seldom.
Greg good luck cause its not ending, can you imagine if McNabb threw 4 TD's today. OH MY. I think Eddie is my new role model for the message board. He avoids the disputes, and rarely posts. He never complains...and just focuses on winning.

Why get sucked into the same old combative nonsense over and over by pretty much the same people?

renman

Post by renman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:48 am

Originally posted by Steel Curtain:
It never fails to amaze me how a topic about an idea gets ridiculously turned into a whizzing match each and every time. Ridiculously childish, IMO. You may not have agreed with the idea, but at least it was an idea and not another freekin' childish post about how someone was a better player than someone else or how someone thinks someone else is sucking up to Tom/Greg. Quite frankly, it does get old and as someone who is relatively new, I can see why there are many who do not post and/or just never come to this message board. The problem as I see it is that you will have some nuggets of information on these boards. However, it's like trying to find a gold ring in a pile of pig ****. BWaz was simply throwing up an idea. It may or may not have been a good one, but at least it was an idea on how to try and improve something. Then, as usual, it turns into personal attacks on two different fronts. Perhaps we should have a Personal Attacks forum within the NFFC message boards so we can seperate the information from the crap. Quite frankly, I believe this is one reason that the NFFC will not grow as big as it could be. Why would people want to subject themselves to ridicule each and every time they had an idea or question and posed it to the masses? To be honest, I'm simply trying out the satellites this year to determine whether or not I want to join the main event next year. I'm just curious if the vitreole of this message board is continued out at the live drafts when everyone is face to face or is it being done solely over the internet with people hiding behind a keyboard? To be honest, the $1300 entry fee is no big deal to me and I'd do it in an instant. The thing that turns me off is the way it appears that a lot of folks treat others with much disrespect. Is this the way things go at the main event? Great post,

While I will never imagine a year I am not part of the NFFC, I do post way less for the above reason. I have come to this board throwing out ideas just to see if something sticks. I have seen others, including newcomers, come to this board asking a question or bringing up something that an NFFC regular would know by heart. The newcomer often would get ridiculed and mocked.

I really wish we could just talk about fantasy football here, our teams, NFL football, rule NFFC improving ideas and save all the petty hostile stuff.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:03 am

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Newbies shouldn't be ridiculed or mocked for throwing out ideas. In the same breath, if the idea is crap, it's ok to tell them so.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:17 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Newbies shouldn't be ridiculed or mocked for throwing out ideas. In the same breath, if the idea is crap, it's ok to tell them so. One man's crap is another man's Mona Lisa and unfortunately we have too many people on these boards who think they are the know-it-all art critic.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:20 am

Good point greg. For an idea to be good, it has to hold up when faced with questions/criticism.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:48 am

Rob B. is the most liked and respected FF'er in the entire industry, bar none.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:57 am

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
Rob B. is the most liked and respected FF'er in the entire industry, bar none. I AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT 100% I JUST HATE THAT I MISSED MY CHANCE TO MEET HIM WHEN I FACILITATED IN CHICAGO.