Ethics Question

King of Queens

Ethics Question

Post by King of Queens » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:57 pm

Nice one, Lance!

King of Queens

Ethics Question

Post by King of Queens » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:09 pm

What if I call out "Uncle Rico"? Will I get Vince Young, or Mr. Suave himself?

Sound Advice

Ethics Question

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:37 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
You guys that are so hard lined on this example crack me up. You hide behind the "it's a rule" statement to dodge the issue of having any mercy whatsoever. Again I'm only speaking of Nags example...not the unprepared owner. What if an owner this year says "Mark...uh...Michael Clayton"

What the hell happens to this poor guy....after all...he didn't completely say the name to begin with. Maybe you make him take Mark Duper because he's not as eloquent of speech as you are.

I wonder if any of you hard liners would be pissed if you got a speeding ticket for doing 56 in a 55 zone. Would you expect a break or would you say "that's OK officer - rules are rules...maybe next time I'll follow them better"

Eddie and Blackhand...you guys are cool! :cool: Great post RC.
It isn't going 55 or 56 that is the problem.
It's people who feel it's their moral obligation to pick up their cell phone and call 911 and report it the 56 mile an hour travesty.
That's just lame.

sportsbettingman

Ethics Question

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:35 pm

Dude...let's get things straight.

$100,000.00 at stake.

Joe Blow is on the clock.

Joe Blow say out loud for the draft facilitator (who has his utmost attention) to hear...an NFL players first and last name.

~Nuff said.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

FatPerez

Ethics Question

Post by FatPerez » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:25 am

Dude...let's get things straight.

$100,000.00 at stake.

Joe Blow is on the clock.

Joe Blow say out loud for the draft facilitator (who has his utmost attention) to hear...an NFL players first and last name.

~Nuff said.

~LancePeriod. Point Blank. End of story. That's why you can't stop the Shortswettingman.....you can only hope to contain him.
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

Nag'

Ethics Question

Post by Nag' » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:13 am

It just occurred to me that the sole reason why there need to be strict rules on the drafting of players is to avoid threads like this one.

No re-dos, no second chances, no "I meant to say..." - no complaints or arguments.
For Players. By Players.

drago

Ethics Question

Post by drago » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:23 pm

If you say the full name, end of story. I don't see why this is so big of a deal.