OT: Official Statement From FFOC Ending Its Event

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon May 31, 2010 4:10 am

Getting Ryan on here and having a "Q & A" session would do A LOT to help this contest. I have heard many different things about Ryan's "style", and it doesn't make sense as to why he can't put some people's minds at ease. Fanball is backed by Liberty Media, so Fanball isn't "disappearing" and running off with your $$$.

The part that everyone (including yourself) gets confused about is that Fanball DID NOT OWN the FFOC. While they MAY have been a partial partner, that doesn't require them to pay out ONE DIME from the FFOC fiasco. The problem here was Poised to Stomp.....not Fanball.

I heard from very reliable sources Ryan's plans for the NFFC. While I think many were unrealistic and foolish, and think they are going to "take a bath" on some, they have the money to lose for a few years (actually more than a few) in order to get this contest where they want it.

I'm playing here and the FFPC. I trust both without hesitation :D [/QB][/quote]

BILLY , that prob is the best and smartest post on here. this thing got way out of line. it all could have been a dead issue if ryan got on and told the truth. even if they owned a piece of the pie. i do not have any fears of not getting paid here one bit.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 31, 2010 4:55 am

Honestly, it's a shame that any of our past members -- especially our leading money winner in the NFFC -- is leaving the NFFC over this whole FFOC issue. All Tom and I have tried to do is grow the NFFC through the years and the acquisition by Fanball last year is a good one for all of us. To have the power of Liberty Media backing us is good for everyone and already it's led to positive changes in the number of cities we are hosting the live events at, the increase in prize payouts for some of our long-time events, the addition of Fanball/NFFC on Sirius Satellite Radio, and a more aggressive NFFC Online Championship.

This is my last time posting on this thread and then it's time to move forward with the people who want to grow with us. This is a special group of fantasy players and we'll do all we can to add new players with similar interests to this group. I hope those who have thought about leaving over this FFOC debate reconsider and join us in 2010, but if not we wish them best of luck in all of their leagues they play in. The debate never should have been about the NFFC to begin with, but now it's time to move forward and that's exactly what Tom and I are going to do.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:00 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Honestly, it's a shame that any of our past members -- especially our leading money winner in the NFFC -- is leaving the NFFC over this whole FFOC issue. All Tom and I have tried to do is grow the NFFC through the years and the acquisition by Fanball last year is a good one for all of us. To have the power of Liberty Media backing us is good for everyone and already it's led to positive changes in the number of cities we are hosting the live events at, the increase in prize payouts for some of our long-time events, the addition of Fanball/NFFC on Sirius Satellite Radio, and a more aggressive NFFC Online Championship.

This is my last time posting on this thread and then it's time to move forward with the people who want to grow with us. This is a special group of fantasy players and we'll do all we can to add new players with similar interests to this group. I hope those who have thought about leaving over this FFOC debate reconsider and join us in 2010, but if not we wish them best of luck in all of their leagues they play in. The debate never should have been about the NFFC to begin with, but now it's time to move forward and that's exactly what Tom and I are going to do. amen Greg i think people just talk about this stuff because they are bored.. if you ignore it it will go away.. you can only lead a horse to water (NFFC) you can't make them drink.. and if these guys don't want to play they are only going to spite themselves..

By the way Greg, i drove around Citi field yesterday was in the area.. not many hotels out there.. do you guys intend to try and get any deals with any of the hotels over there.?
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon May 31, 2010 3:59 pm

I agree with your view on this Greg 100%. Those who have pushed this issue onto these boards have your phone number and should have handled this with you directly. I have my own theory on why they shoved this issue onto the boards instead but good riddence to this thread.

Now, hurry up and finalize Dallas so I can decide where I'm drafting this year.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon May 31, 2010 6:51 pm

I do not quite understand why so many people really think this is an NFFC issue as much as they do. I will be playing many games here as I fully trust you guys. And I am owed 1080 worth of free ffoc teams. It would be great if fanball would honor them all, but it will not affect me playing or not. Basically the NFFC came on board with fanball after the writing was on the wall for the FFOC when the entries were not there again this year. It is unfortunate that Greg and Tom have to even deal with all of this.

I will also be playing many games at the FFPC which is probably my favorite place to play, partially due to some success but mostly because they execute everything flawlessly and do care about the customers greatly and are great guys.

Both great places to play, no question about it. Would like to play everything you both offer, but it is going to be tough fit them all in. Hopefully both places have great success this season.

Chad

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:

I will also be playing many games at the FFPC which is probably my favorite place to play, partially due to some success but mostly because they execute everything flawlessly and do care about the customers greatly and are great guys.
Chad,

The FFPC is good, but they have flaws. Don't get me wrong, Alex and Dave run a GREAT contest, but their FAAB system is VERY tedious. It is a total pain in the *** when you have multiple teams to manage. :(

That being said, I agree wholeheartedly that the NFFC and FFPC are EASILY the two best contests out there. Outstanding customer service and exceptional payouts in most of their contests, make these two the industry leaders IMO. :D

[ June 01, 2010, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:34 pm

Any updates FFOC site still down.
Any players receive any checks?

Thanks,

John

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:07 am

Greg,

I respectfully ask that this thread be moved to a different forum, perhaps the Fantasy/NFL Talk forum.

Personally, I was hoping that this thread wouldn't be bumped up again. However, I do acknowledge that this subject is a legitimate area of discussion and players have a right to post about it. I also agree with your apparent decision that this thread shouldn't be deleted or censored.

That being said, I do not believe this thread belongs in the General NFFC Classic Discussion forum. I've enjoyed the positive posts over the last several days in this forum involving Fantasy rankings and the excitement of the Super and Diamond leagues filling up. Newcomers to the MB should be reading about those subjects when clicking on this forum. The FFOC debacle is a general Fantasy Football issue not specifically germane to the NFFC.

Again, I'm not trying to bury the FFOC subject or silence those who want to talk about it. It's a real issue that should be discussed until resoved. I just think the thread needs to be continued in the most appropriate forum.

Thanks.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:16 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Greg,

I respectfully ask that this thread be moved to a different forum, perhaps the Fantasy/NFL Talk forum.

Personally, I was hoping that this thread wouldn't be bumped up again. However, I do acknowledge that this subject is a legitimate area of discussion and players have a right to post about it. I also agree with your apparent decision that this thread shouldn't be deleted or censored.

That being said, I do not believe this thread belongs in the General NFFC Classic Discussion forum. I've enjoyed the positive posts over the last several days in this forum involving Fantasy rankings and the excitement of the Super and Diamond leagues filling up. Newcomers to the MB should be reading about those subjects when clicking on this forum. The FFOC debacle is a general Fantasy Football issue not specifically germane to the NFFC.

Again, I'm not trying to bury the FFOC subject or silence those who want to talk about it. It's a real issue that should be discussed until resoved. I just think the thread needs to be continued in the most appropriate forum.

Thanks.
Agree 100%.

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:24 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Any updates FFOC site still down.
Any players receive any checks?

Thanks,

John Not yet John, but I did get a letter from Ed McMahon telling me I may have won a million dollars!!