What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Originally posted by RC Techies:
Yes Tom but i am sure that Dustin will provide a yearly update as to how the transaction is coming. The wording I saw didn't refer to a specific transaction. It merely said "a transaction." That strongly implies nothing is imminent and the entire point of all this is to ask people to have faith that at some point in the future someone is going to provide all the money needed to pay off the 2010 football winners, all of those who rolled over money and want to be paid the equivalent in cash, the 2011 baseball winners and the 2011 football winners (should the event go forward).

Given the events of the past six months, I'm not sure how anyone can be even remotely optimistic such a transaction will occur anytime soon.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by RC Techies:
Yes Tom but i am sure that Dustin will provide a yearly update as to how the transaction is coming. The wording I saw didn't refer to a specific transaction. It merely said "a transaction." That strongly implies nothing is imminent and the entire point of all this is to ask people to have faith that at some point in the future someone is going to provide all the money needed to pay off the 2010 football winners, all of those who rolled over money and want to be paid the equivalent in cash, the 2011 baseball winners and the 2011 football winners (should the event go forward).

Given the events of the past six months, I'm not sure how anyone can be even remotely optimistic such a transaction will occur anytime soon.
[/QUOTE]That's not the way I understand it.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by RC Techies:

[/QUOTE]That's not the way I understand it.
[/QUOTE]If there's a transaction about to occur that will pay all past prize winners in full and guarantee all baseball prizes will be paid in October I think that would be great news. Personally, I'd be willing to wager we will not hear that announcement anytime soon, if ever.

I sure hope I'm wrong about that Glenn because nothing is more important than paying off the prize winners. I continue to be dumbfounded that is taking a backseat to figuring out a way to run the 2011 football event.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Really sad this thread has to be continued for the new members of the NFFC to digest.

There is no purpose for the NFFC to continue bringing the WCOFF to light. NFFC should take the high road and provide the best environment to their own players.

Why bring the cloud of negativity and other issues surrounding the WCOFF here?

AA
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Anyone think Dustin is bi-polar?

Seriously, it is like he doesn't even ACKNOWLEDGE there is a problem.

Very scary....... :(

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Originally posted by A.A:
Really sad this thread has to be continued for the new members of the NFFC to digest.

There is no purpose for the NFFC to continue bringing the WCOFF to light. NFFC should take the high road and provide the best environment to their own players.

AA I'll tell you why,,,,

IT AFFECTS ALL OF US, AA!!!!

People will not play high stakes ever again, if contests like the WCOFF are allowed to get away with not paying their customers.

Without high stakes, the NFFC and FFPC don't exist.......get it??

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Originally posted by A.A:

AA Michael, we have stayed away from this topic as best we can. But the name of the topic is what I'm more concentrated on: What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football? When five different companies in this space take prize money away from consumers in the last four years it's a concern to ALL players and ALL game operators. Nobody is immune from this greed.

We tell everyone that the NFFC has been paying on time and in full for the last 7 years, but it goes on deaf ears when people see what is happening now over there. No, we don't want new members to concentrate on this subject now. But we also need to let them know that our market is being threatened by stupidity and we won't stand for it. We won't duplicate it, either.

We all need to unite and put a stop to this. In 2+ weeks I look forward to hosting a first class live event, but our future depends on good consumers never having their prize money taken from them again. And I think the "announcement" tonight doesn't ensure that this won't happen again from the same game operators.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:21 pm

I get it. I have my money with NFFC this year and hold them to higher standards than the WCOFF.

And the higher authorities will not when it comes down to shutting down the business of HSFF. I hope we make it through another season myself before that happens.

NFFC should set the precedence and take the high road and stop the WCOFF thread.

That would be the better business model for them.
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Dustin is such a coward. C-O-W-A-R-D. He stiffs the winners for month after month and then won't even make the announcement. Glenn X basically does it, I don't think by design, but because Glenn has a conscience compared to the coward.

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:28 pm

I undertsand the message needs to get out! But its not going to get out... buried on a message board on the NFFC site.

Let the PLAYERS fuel the issue.....not the owners of the NFFC.
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED