What Is Going To Happen To High-Stakes Fantasy Football?

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Originally posted by A.A:
Really sad this thread has to be continued for the new members of the NFFC to digest.

There is no purpose for the NFFC to continue bringing the WCOFF to light. NFFC should take the high road and provide the best environment to their own players.

Why bring the cloud of negativity and other issues surrounding the WCOFF here?

AA I agree, unless of coarse this thread could serve to warn others, Or become an uncensored source of information unlike the WCOFF boards or just a place to people like me who have been screwed out of money to vent.

Know what is happening the and taking the high road by being silent could be interpreted as taking the low road by being complicit.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:30 pm

I get it. I have my money with NFFC this year and hold them to higher standards than the WCOFF.

And the higher authorities will not when it comes down to shutting down the business of HSFF. I hope we make it through another season myself before that happens.

NFFC should set the precedence and take the high road and stop the WCOFF thread.

That would be the better business model for them. The NFFC's business model has nothing to do with discussing the industry crook and coward running the WCOFF. When an industry giant fails - and that is exactly what has happened - it is news.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 pm

I undertsand the message needs to get out! But its not going to get out... buried on a message board on the NFFC site.

Let the PLAYERS fuel the issue.....not the owners of the NFFC. Go ahead and give it a whirl....

My message board account has been suspended TWICE now (not even sure why it was given back the first time?) because I asked questions, and questioned the values/morals of WCOFF (and specifically Dustin).

If you post something they don't like, they delete it, and you.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 pm

I don't understand why he took the announcement down from someone else if he had planned on making the same announcement anyway. Is there even a real and legal announcement out there? I don't see it.

And how can he announce draft picks if anyone owed under $2,000 can have cash? Doesn't he need to know what all of those owners are going to choose before he picks draft spots? Crazy.

Remember, a sale dissolved last Wednesday, that Dustin acknowledged. So this is a saving plan thrown together in a few days. And it looks that way tonight. Someone roll out the real facts: When do those people get paid in full, who is running this game on the back-end, what is the new "guaranteed" prize pool and how many teams is that based on now? What's the plan to prove that 2011 can result in quick payouts and in full? I missed those annoucements.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 pm

bottom line, anyone who plays in wcoff, dserves what they get.. period.. i don't care what they are owed.. simply forget it..

i can with great certainty say that moving foward if this were to ever happen again with my money, i wouldn't waste time arguing on the boards, i'd simply file federal criminal fraud charges and a civil law suit immediately..

however if i were the WCOFF, i would simply file bankruptcy, and be done with this.. why even bother at this point.. they are at a point of no return..

anyway, see you in vegas.. hopefully this will be the last x we all are talking about this crap.. if it happens w/ the NFFC or that other league, i will be done with the industry.. it's a shame , because it's a matter of simply properly managing $.. everyone thinks they can simply buy a business and run it, they never understand what it really takes..

i won't say anything more..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by A.A:
I undertsand the message needs to get out! But its not going to get out... buried on a message board on the NFFC site.

Let the PLAYERS fuel the issue.....not the owners of the NFFC. Go ahead and give it a whirl....

My message board account has been suspended TWICE now (not even sure why it was given back the first time?) because I asked questions, and questioned the values/morals of WCOFF (and specifically Dustin).

If you post something they don't like, they delete it, and you.
[/QUOTE]Just twice, hell you aren't trying.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I don't understand why he took the announcement down from someone else if he had planned on making the same announcement anyway. Is there even a real and legal announcement out there? I don't see it.

And how can he announce draft picks if anyone owed under $2,000 can have cash? Doesn't he need to know what all of those owners are going to choose before he picks draft spots? Crazy.

Remember, a sale dissolved last Wednesday, that Dustin acknowledged. So this is a saving plan thrown together in a few days. And it looks that way tonight. Someone roll out the real facts: When do those people get paid in full, who is running this game on the back-end, what is the new "guaranteed" prize pool and how many teams is that based on now? What's the plan to prove that 2011 can result in quick payouts and in full? I missed those annoucements. The funniest part of this whole draft pick thing is does anyone REALLY trust they do it randomly???

I mean with all the lies, spin, etc. wouldn't i make sense that the people who have their anchor tied to the S.S WCOFF would possibly get preferential picks???

I guess I am piggybacking on what Greg is saying about "how can you give out draft slots when you don't know who is returning"?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Taking the high road does not mean avoiding the facts that affect ALL OF US not only in this space but in this entire industry. Jack is right, that contest was an industry giant. It was the pioneering event of our industry. At one point it was the gold standard that myself and others tried to emulate. And in one swoop it has affected so many people negatively.

I'm trying to take the high road and not say what I really feel right now, but yes I'm being very active on here so that anyone who wants to play in a legitimate contest this year knows that the NFFC will not stand for this. We will also be there with a discount to anyone short-changed by this contest in unpaid prizes. 15% off and we'll announce it again. I have said from the very start on this thread, I don't want any of the players in this space to leave over this. There were 1,700 teams last year in the HSFF space; today there is about half of them signed up. All of us can't afford to lose all of these great customers over what is looking like an incredible fiasco. I won't let up until a new plan is announced that pays everyone in full before any more money is taken in by these guys. Amazing.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Originally posted by weber:

however if i were the WCOFF, i would simply file bankruptcy, and be done with this.. why even bother at this point.. they are at a point of no return..

. This is an interesting question, why not just BK? Could it be that things would come out during the proceedings about funds being converted to personal use?

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:
quote:Originally posted by weber:

. This is an interesting question, why not just BK? Could it be that things would come out during the proceedings about funds being converted to personal use?
[/QUOTE]There are ALOT of things I'd raise, and that is one of them for sure. The next is getting the Bankruptcy Trustee to go after the "investor" who apparently decided to take his money out of the company, even though creditors/winners are owed over a million dollars, and leave the company in the lurch it is in. A shareholder can't just take his $$ out and repay himself when creditors are unpaid.

Another one is at the Meeting of Creditors, I would ask ALL the questions we ever wanted to ask about whether Dustin dipped into the company coffers, whether he paid former winners with new funds from entry fees, etc., and DEMAND the production of the company books.

[ August 15, 2011, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Bald is Beautiful ]