Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:
I still believe the offensive game plan and complimentary players are not best suited for Tebow's game. If you watched the game, the Broncos best success were the option and end around plays involving the WRs. They were running the ball 95% of the time with Tebow under center. Teams have adjusted to Tebow's game, as everyone knew they would, but Denver has not adjusted accordingly. Some of it is due to lack of personnel and some of it is due to the fact that Tebow has severe flaws in his game. But, you can still be successful with him as a QB, with the right supporting cast. In the off season, watch for Denver to pick up a top WR and a pass catching RB. Also, they need to improve on their defense. YES, their defense. They played a good game yesterday against a bad offense in KC. Von Miller was invisible yesterday. They had no big plays on defense.. a special teams fumble.. thats it. They gave the stat that it was about 45 straight possessions starting on their own side of the field prior to that fumble. That is the defenses fault, not causing any turnovers, not the offense. Denver actually ran the ball effectively with McGahee yesterday. You can say what you want about Tebow and how horrible he is, but no one said he was that good in the first place. All that was said was, he is a low end QB1 in fantasy (and he was, up until yesterday) and was winning games on a bad team. And yes, Denver is an average team who has made the playoffs because Tim Tebow, Willis McGahee, and their defense won them 8 games this season. I support the guy because he is easy to root for and an underdog and I will continue to say, he will be a success in this league. How u gonna deflect to denver's defense and von miller? They only gave up a TD to the chiefs and tebow could only muster 3 points against them at HOME..that's pathetic. Now the defense has to create turnovers to make up for tebow's offensive shortcomings because 7 pts allowed isn't enough...classic....lol [/QUOTE]How about giving the Chiefs defense some credit, or was there not another team on the field? Last time I checked, the Chiefs defense stopped Green Bay's all time greatest QB, Aaron Rodgers.
[/QUOTE]Not being able to produce a TD at home in what could have been a must win to get into the playoffs is inexcusable. You can say whatever you want about how great the Chiefs defense played but bottom line is 6-22 for a measley 60 yards and two turnovers won't get it done in most high school games, let alone in the NFL.
Go Big Red!

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:
I still believe the offensive game plan and complimentary players are not best suited for Tebow's game. If you watched the game, the Broncos best success were the option and end around plays involving the WRs. They were running the ball 95% of the time with Tebow under center. Teams have adjusted to Tebow's game, as everyone knew they would, but Denver has not adjusted accordingly. Some of it is due to lack of personnel and some of it is due to the fact that Tebow has severe flaws in his game. But, you can still be successful with him as a QB, with the right supporting cast. In the off season, watch for Denver to pick up a top WR and a pass catching RB. Also, they need to improve on their defense. YES, their defense. They played a good game yesterday against a bad offense in KC. Von Miller was invisible yesterday. They had no big plays on defense.. a special teams fumble.. thats it. They gave the stat that it was about 45 straight possessions starting on their own side of the field prior to that fumble. That is the defenses fault, not causing any turnovers, not the offense. Denver actually ran the ball effectively with McGahee yesterday. You can say what you want about Tebow and how horrible he is, but no one said he was that good in the first place. All that was said was, he is a low end QB1 in fantasy (and he was, up until yesterday) and was winning games on a bad team. And yes, Denver is an average team who has made the playoffs because Tim Tebow, Willis McGahee, and their defense won them 8 games this season. I support the guy because he is easy to root for and an underdog and I will continue to say, he will be a success in this league. How u gonna deflect to denver's defense and von miller? They only gave up a TD to the chiefs and tebow could only muster 3 points against them at HOME..that's pathetic. Now the defense has to create turnovers to make up for tebow's offensive shortcomings because 7 pts allowed isn't enough...classic....lol [/QUOTE]It's really the Special Teams fault. One itty bitty little kickoff or punt return for a TD would've made it 10-7. :rolleyes:

It's laughable to point a finger at a defense that just held an opponent to 7 points in a play-in game. It wouldn't have mattered where Tebow got the ball. Any QB engineering only 76 total yards, 2 turnovers, and 2.6 fantasy points isn't going to win, period.

Tebow is regressing, and that will continue. Watch Elway in the skybox on Sunday...he'll be the one having to avert his eyes. But with Mendy out and Ben limping, this will be a low scoring ugly...something like 16-7. The Under is a great bet here.

Tebow will be the starter next year, but will be benched by Week 8, maybe sooner. He will NOT be a success in the NFL, in my opinion. His skill set is too limited and professional Defensive Coordinators are already figuring him out. His element of surprise is over now, and his well of good luck has run dry. Now he's having to face quality opponents in high pressure situations...make sure to turn off the lights before you leave.

[ January 04, 2012, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ]
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Broncos 17 Steelers 14

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:36 pm

And it gets much harder next year too:

HOME:
Oakland
Kansas City
San Diego
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Tampa Bay
New Orleans
Houston

AWAY:
Oakland
Kansas City
San Diego
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Atlanta
Carolina
New England

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:14 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
Broncos 17 Steelers 14 I have to give you credit for going on record with a prediction.

But do you really think Denver will score two defensive touchdowns?
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:31 am

Both Elway and Mark Schlereth have talked about the same thing with Tebow that I have - he needs to be more willing to throw downfield and make plays. I think his confidence has been shattered and he's no longer looking to be aggressive downfield for fear of turning the ball over.

One of the things he had done very well was make big plays downfield. Neither Thomas nor Decker are great WRs but both can stretch the field and Tebow had done a great job of hitting both of them at various times of connecting with them. But that element has pretty much gone away. Tebow's longest completion against the Chiefs was only 17 yards. Phil Simms mentioned several times how there were receivers open downfield but Tebow wasn't looking for them.

For Tebow to have any chance against Pittsburgh, he needs to be more aggressive throwing downfield. It's arguably the one strength he has as a passer. If he plays within a shell again, the Broncos have no chance.

[ January 05, 2012, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:05 am

Tebow's on the verge of being benched again. Brady Quinn and Tebow split first-team reps in practice this week. The last time Tebow was on the verge of getting yanked he played very well in a win over Oakland and that's when the miracle run began. It's obviously a much more difficult challenge this week against Pittsburgh. If Tebow soils the bed in the first half against the Steelers, I'd anticipate seeing Quinn take over in the second half.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mattjb » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:14 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Tebow's on the verge of being benched again. Brady Quinn and Tebow split first-team reps in practice this week. The last time Tebow was on the verge of getting yanked he played very well in a win over Oakland and that's when the miracle run began. It's obviously a much more difficult challenge this week against Pittsburgh. If Tebow soils the bed in the first half against the Steelers, I'd anticipate seeing Quinn take over in the second half. Never happened Tom.

JeffDarlington Jeff Darlington
Despite internal discussions about the possibility, Brady Quinn did not take extra reps in practice this week. Story: http://bit.ly/wvGkpm

Ted's Cracked Head

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:22 am

Whether Quinn did or didn't take the first team snaps, I would not hesitate to bench him if he throws up another stinker in the first half. This is do or die and no time to hope for another miracle. Is Fox smart enough to recognize this or has Elway whispered this in his ear? Time will tell but I think the Steelers are the lock of the weekend with Tebow at the helm.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:23 am

Interesting. Multiple reports, including one on ESPN, said Quinn did take first-time reps this week.

In any event, I don't think it's a reach to say Tebow's on a short leash. Of course, the problem with that is Quinn stinks and is probably a downgrade from Tebow, as difficult as that may be for some to believe.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich