Response to E-mail about future of this league

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:52 am

Originally posted by menobrown:
It's been pretty clear to me since this issue erupted that with no teams having paid there was going to be little chance of continuing the league "as-is". That's why I started this thread so we could hurry up and get this resolved. If we are going to redraft it needs to be organized and completed as soon as possible before we get any deeper into the season. I totally agree. Tom is sending out an e-mail update to the group now and we'll reorganize after that. We can put some draft options together right here and see if we can get 2-3 leagues organized by early next week. We'd only be one week into the season and still have plenty of time to crown the best basketball manager in the country.

We had 24 guys drafting on Monday night last week. Let's start there and even offer a later time for West Coast folks. If anyone wants to try again, put your name on the list for any of the possible offerings:

Monday, Nov. 2nd, 7 ET
$650 Entry, NFBC Rules Apply
Position Eligibility As Stated On The Draft Site
1. Jeff Meyer
2. Scott Newman
3. Rey Diaz
4. Aaron Smith
5. Dylan Kolatzki

Monday, Nov. 2nd, 9 ET
1. Paul Spradling
2. Scott Newman

Tuesday, Nov. 3rd, 7 ET
1. Josh Blumenreich
2. Michael Cobb
3. Aaron Smith
4. Ross Kandel

Wednesday, Nov. 4th, 9 ET
1. Josh Blumenreich
2. Joe Ivy

Just a thought to get this started.

[ October 30, 2009, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Highlander

Post by Highlander » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:57 am

Greg, put me down for Mon. Nov 2nd at 9 et.
thanks ;)
paul

Heels

Post by Heels » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:03 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by menobrown:
It's been pretty clear to me since this issue erupted that with no teams having paid there was going to be little chance of continuing the league "as-is". That's why I started this thread so we could hurry up and get this resolved. If we are going to redraft it needs to be organized and completed as soon as possible before we get any deeper into the season. I totally agree. Tom is sending out an e-mail update to the group now and we'll reorganize after that. We can put some draft options together right here and see if we can get 2-3 leagues organized by early next week. We'd only be one week into the season and still have plenty of time to crown the best basketball manager in the country.

We had 24 guys drafting on Monday night last week. Let's start there and even offer a later time for West Coast folks. If anyone wants to try again, put your name on the list for any of the possible offerings:

Monday, Nov. 2nd, 7 ET
$650 Entry, NFBC Rules Apply
Position Eligibility As Stated On The Draft Site

Monday, Nov. 2nd, 9 ET

Tuesday, Nov. 3rd, 7 ET

Wednesday, Nov. 4th, 9 ET

Just a thought to get this started.
[/QUOTE]You can put me down for Monday at 7pm, any chance of keeping our original draft spots?

[ October 30, 2009, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Heels ]

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:24 am

Originally posted by MiamiMac:
quote:Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
I'm not trying to upset anyone, which I know I already have, but if anything has changed from the minute we drafted (player eligibility or starting roster requirements), then I am out of this league. I won't go into any further explanation why as I've already invested enough time into my feelings in this thread and am sorry if I screw up the one league that I am in as a result of my conviction on this item. Sorry Greg...I hope you can find someone to take over my team. I finished in the money last season and think the team I drafted will this season as well. Good luck to all this season. I would expect that everyone here deserves a certain amount of flexibility to make this thing work. To take a passive-aggressive position of "I don't mean to upset people, but if we don't do X then I am out of the league" is dissappointing. Of course, you are entitled to your position and I think everyone here understands your stance, but to make this work, I think there needs to be a give and take. It's the only way for it to work. I trust Tom and Greg to make the best decision, and whatveer that is, we move on and play some fantasy basketball. Drawing lines in the sand makes an already difficult decision that much more so, and like I said, is dissappointing. [/QUOTE]Rules should never change after a draft has occurred...that's why I feel the way I do and haven't wavered on my feeling regarding this overall thread. My stance on this is not a reflection of my loyalty to Greg and Tom and the fantasy contests they offer. And I do know they've done all they can to satisfy the concerns of the owners in this hoops contest. It's an unfortunate situation but not the end of the world...and I think those who still want to play will get their wish in some form or fashion.
Living the dream!

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:26 am

There will be some JUICY team-owner research going on after being able to see who they just drafted and sniping away!

Maybe release the draft participants and draft slots at the draft room, rather than allowing the time to research how the players in nearby seats drafted a few days ago.

Good Luck!!!

Dang it! This doesn't allow photo's :D

Wanted to post a photo of the World Largest Cruise ship EVER that set sail today!

Hope it's fate/build is better than that of that old Titanicomatic!

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Royal-Car ... 091028/ids_ photos_wl/r3895234128.jpg
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

2Rotties

Post by 2Rotties » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:51 am

There seems to be no chance of getting the original draft slots unless the same 12 owners are put in the same league. As bad as it might be to change position eligibility after the fact, it's worse for those that drafted solid teams to have to re-draft possibly from a way different slot. Although the addiction will probably outweigh not doing another league (I passed on a $650 local auction league to do Saturday's draft) I don't see how this is fair to those who drafted with what Tom, Greg & MDC sent us and from the slots we had requested.

clatka36

Post by clatka36 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:16 am

greg,
I will get in touch with my co-manager and see if we could make it at one of those times. I also think we would need to re-pick draft slots, let me know if we are repicking forsure. I think if we are changing owners in the leagues kds may have worked out differently with different owners, but we r most likely in either way just need to make sure we can make one of these draft times.

clatka36

Post by clatka36 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:21 am

Greg,
We would also be ok if everything was kept the same as it was on draft day. Not sure if that is even an option anymore.

stool pigeon

Post by stool pigeon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:25 am

monday at 7:00 for me if we redraft. thanks. dylan

[ October 30, 2009, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: stool pigeon ]
kaw f'ing kaw

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:29 am

Originally posted by stool pigeon:
monday at 7:00 for me if we redraft. thanks. dylan

***i'm assuming we will get the new rules, player eligibility, etc. as soon as it has been determined what direction we are going, correct? Thanks Dylan. The rules are exactly the same as they always have been. The position eligibility will be revealed as soon as we know where we can draft and whatever the eligibility is on that draft site will be the eligibility for the league site. No discrepency there and thus no confusion.

We will rerun KDS for each league, obviously. Hopefully you'll get a similar spot, but each league has different owners now. Let's see if we can fill up some leagues first and then get that part down pat. Thanks again.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius