Post by BUTTER » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:50 am

Thanks and yes they are :(
Good Luck to all!

BUTTER

JB

Week 3 stat changed 2 AM this morning?

Post by JB » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:51 am

Originally posted by BUTTER:
If we were 2-1 and lower in points I would have made a huge bid for this years Wes Welker (IMO).......Lance as well as Maroney but fig 3-0 we could save our money to be in a better pos when we did start losing. Oh well I guess this is as good as it can get. Hope no one else was affected. Best of luck to you all in week 5 and the rest of the way. Sorry Butter but I can't buy this AT ALL and you shouldn't be trying to sell it. Lance Moore went for $150 and 2nd high bid was $88 which I think was me (I could be wrong but I know I bid close to that). If you really thought he's the next Wes Welker you would bid more than $88 regardless of your record, IMO. How much did you actually bid on him??

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:28 am

Seems simple to me.
If Stats had the changes and posted them by 6 Thurs they count.
Otherwise they don't.

There is someone in every league that can complain about Stats (or cough due to cold) and claim glorious waiver bids and roster moves would have followed had they not. Hence the deadline.

I would have bid $2 less on Scaife last week.
Where's a good lawyer when you need one? Mine just gives me funny looks when we discuss lawsuits and FF rules. Dawg ain't worth salt.

BUTTER

Post by BUTTER » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:36 am

you guys can keep trash talking and anyone who wants to get together, I will do it to you face! lmk
Good Luck to all!

BUTTER

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:51 am

Glad you guys want to slam me. I do not want to slam you. I was slamming what you said and did. I agreed that you had a legitimate issue. I have no problem with you contacting Greg and resolving it like the two of you resolved it. (because he contacted you)

I take issue with all the legal allegations. You said you contacted a lawyer. Threatened to sue him. Notified the league that you quit and slandered the NFFC. You did this all BEFORE you even talked to Greg.

Is that how you would want people to treat you if you had a third party screw up on your behalf. Drag you name through the mud first ... then call you?

Do you really think it was fair to post everything you posted "BEFORE" you even contacted Greg. Why give someone the benefit of the doubt when you can just bad mouth them, overreact, contact a lawyer and threaten to sue them without even giving them a chance to address your concerns? (unless your lying about the lawyer part ... are you a liar too? ... I think that's a fair question.)

Very Ugly.
Hakuna Matata!

BUTTER

Post by BUTTER » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:42 pm

What you guys do not know is that I did not know Tom or Greg and I was dealing with emails from Krause saying your 2-2 what is wrong? stat changes hap on Thur...etc. Then not getting responses after I emailed all info back. That is when I consulted my lawyer. That was it. I was dealing with this from there first email at 2:49 AM Tue till mid afternoon. I was very happy how fast both Tom and Greg got involved but I first hit help on my home page.

Chad
Good Luck to all!

BUTTER

JB

Post by JB » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:55 pm

you guys can keep trash talking and anyone who wants to get together, I will do it to you face! lmk Butter you're not making any friends with posts like this. Now you want to fight anyone who thinks you've handled this the wrong way?

You immediately posted on this message board with most likely empty threats of legal action and then posted on our league message board:

"My lawyer is involved and we have ground to stand on. I am asking for the money back and not sure what will happen with the team. Sorry ahead of time for any drops or other things that influence the league. Good luck to whoever comes out of this mess, you should have an amazing team!"

You then immediately placed everyone on your roster on the bench (where they still all currently reside).

And you even try to help your case by saying whether you were 3-0 or 2-1 would greatly effect how you bid on free agents. You still didn't answer my question, how much did you bid on Lance Moore?? And then you have the nerve to throw Maroney in there when he went for 717 with 2nd high bid of 313...yeah i'm sure you would have bid 800 on maroney if you were 2-1.

You did all this nonsense before even talking to Greg. You're just lucky he's such a nice guy who tries to please everyone. He could have easily said the scores were updated by stats by the deadline but do to circumstances beyond our control they did not show up on your team page right away, sorry for the inconvenience and good luck the rest of the year.

"17. No Recourse to Judicial or other Procedures:

To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Championship are hereby excluded, and you expressly waive any and all such rights. You agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without regard to principles of conflicts of law. Venue for any action shall rest exclusively in a state or federal court of competent jurisdiction in the Southern District of New York, New York."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:59 pm

What you guys do not know is that I did not know Tom or Greg and I was dealing with emails from Krause saying your 2-2 what is wrong? stat changes hap on Thur...etc. Then not getting responses after I emailed all info back. That is when I consulted my lawyer. That was it. I was dealing with this from there first email at 2:49 AM Tue till mid afternoon. I was very happy how fast both Tom and Greg got involved but I first hit help on my home page.

Chad Chad and I had a great talk today and he allowed me to explain everything and explain how I would deal with this. He never said anything about what he needed to have done, he explained how he felt about this and we agreed to move on. It's hard to have a more cordial conversation than we had today.

He's a great guy competing for a league title and something out of left field hit him with no explanation. I'm glad he allowed me to explain after I also got up to speed. Now let's move on.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Chad I gotta say, no respect for someone who runs to their lawyer over a fantasy score. Ridiculous. The culture we live in ... very, very unfortunately. I know there are many people around that think like this, I do everything I can to avoid them at any and every turn.

I could say good luck back at ya but I wouldn't mean it, so I won't. Quite the opposite.

JB

Post by JB » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:20 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
I'm sorry I don't follow you. Chad posted he and the other guy are both getting wins. So if he finishes a game behind me for say, 2nd place, then you will count his win and put him in a tie with me? I understand there is a big picture here with all 300+ teams but I want to know how this personally affects the 12 teams in this league. I will make good for Chad and not affect anyone else in that league even if I have to compute his stats separately in the Championship Game. Nobody loses out. [/QUOTE]Greg,

What would you do if Butter or someone else affected by this ruling made it into the playoffs and won the whole thing? The guy who finishes 2nd could make the case that he shouldn't have even been in there...would you award two 100k prizes? I know the chance of that is slim to none but just looking at worst case scenario for you.