New Plans Now For NFL Viewing Party At The Bellagio

kjduke

Re: New Plans Now For NFL Viewing Party At The Bellagio

Post by kjduke » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Kickoff DC League DETAILS
- Regular prize pool, $500 entry fee = payout $2500/1000/500 for 12 tms, or $3000/1500/500 for 14 teams
- Private prize pool, additional $500 entry fee plus bidding dollars = 100% payout for high score each week, week 1 thru 16
- 26 round draft champion (no free agents) format
- FREE ENTRY TO THE VIEWING PARTY/FOOD/DRINKS

SLOT BIDDING
Bidding for slots (real money) in the first two rounds will go into the private pool ($0 min, $10 increments). We'll auction off pick #1, the winner will sit down and pick his player, then we'll auction pick #2, he'll make his pick, and so on for the first 2 rounds of the draft. You can have only one pick per round. Starting in round 3, it will become like a normal 3RR snake draft (backend starts round 3). Your round 2 slot at the table is where you'll stay for the rest of the draft.

The entire private pool is paid out incrementally to each week's high scoring team. It's like a skins game in golf. If we have a 12-team league there will be $6,000 in the private pool to begin, plus all bid amounts. If, for example, all slot bidding totals $4,000 the total private pool would be $10,000, which means each week the high scorer would get a check for $625 (10,000/16).

Register for the league and pay NFFC $500 for regular entry. Bring a check or cash to the draft for the private pool portion (or paypal). I'll collect private pool funds at the end of the draft (or, if needed PM me to make other arrangements) and get everyone's mailing address. Weekly winners will be paid promptly as each week's scores become official.[/quote]
Last edited by kjduke on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Sack wrote:KJ:

What time are you looking to kick this off? Will it be in the Suite at the Bellagio with Greg?
Kind of lost track. Was intending on hitting Del Mar and didn't know if I would make it back in time
but I think I'll stay put in Vegas and grab a spot. My partner in crime, Luny Jim Christie, is going
to fit half the bill and trust me to draft the team. If you still have a spot - we will take one.

Couldn't find anything on the Registration page?

Ken Magner / Jim Christie ( not attending )
I can't put this on Registration yet until I know the format, whether it's 12 teams or 14 teams. And since everyone in this league is already in our system, I can take care of the signups myself to get this league in the system and ready to go. We won't have time to name this anything special, so expect it to be listed under one form of the Draft Champions Live events. I'll also type in all of the picks live in Las Vegas so that the league is good to go right after the final pick. If Paul is worried about functioning while drinking, wait until he sees me type in this picks around the 25th round!! :lol:

Anyway, once we have the format set we'll get these teams on your team pages. I'll take care of all of that. KJ will settle up on the other stuff. We're good to go, now we just need one more to make it an even 14!!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:11 pm

To answer AA's question - the live DC format is 26 rounds, so that's what we'll do.

On Ken's question - since registration isn't set up yet, don't worry about it. We'll get it taken care of at some point, whether it's before, during or or after the draft ... if you're on the list above, you're in.

Sack

Post by Sack » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:35 pm

Sounds good, thanks KJ

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:35 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
I agree with KJ, this league is begging for the Good Psychiatrist and one more player. Nobody is getting too drunk before kickoff and half the draft will be done by then. If he was laying on my couch and I was the Good Doctor, I'd say it's more a case of nerves because of the competition than the fear of drinking and drafting!! KJ, don't let Paul run away from the competition. :lol:
You can't play head games with a Shrink...I'm immune! ;)

I'm simply not able to draft in this league for a variety of reasons, not just the drinking part...sorry.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:48 am

For those of you sitting on the fence, this is one of the best leagues you will every play in ....the thrills on Monday nights with $$$ on the line is terrific .......... can also be a great high to offset a bad weekend in another league(s) and get you invigorated for the coming week.

Don't miss your chance to sit at this table in what sounds like a great suite ;)

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:58 am

Greg will set this league up and take care of registration. He'll contact everyone at some point for payment (maybe not until draft day), so just show up ready to drink and draft. For the private pool portion, please bring a check or cash (or have paypal ready) to cover that portion of the league.

Gridiron DC Kickoff Draft
1. KJ Duke
2. Shawn Childs
3. Scott Stauffer
4. Derek Pierson
5. Rob Silver
6. Michael Cole
7. Mark Moyer
8. Glenn Schroter
9. Pat Sorge
10. John Rozak
11. Ken Magner/ Jim Christie
12. Dave Hubbard
13. Glenn Lowy (could be late and phone in the first few rds)
14. George Melbrod ???
Last edited by kjduke on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:04 am

Let the games begin! Let's also hope those of us flying in that afternoon get in on time. :?
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Good job Kj & Greg!!! Looking forward to this draft. Should be a great night!
Pat Sorge

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:53 pm

I think Melbrod is backing out, which means we need one more player again. :evil: