NFFC Rules Discussion For 2013

Cocktails and Dreams

Re: NFFC Rules Discussion For 2013

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Would love to see all play moved to these last two weeks. Solves some of the problem with non interested owners.

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:25 am

Would love to see all play moved to these last two weeks. Solves some of the problem with non interested owners.
----------------------------------------------------------
This is the best idea I've heard in a while on these boards. I second this one.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:29 am

KenGill wrote:Would love to see all play moved to these last two weeks. Solves some of the problem with non interested owners.
----------------------------------------------------------
This is the best idea I've heard in a while on these boards. I second this one.
Just as an FYI: We had All Play in the last two weeks during the first 2 years of the Primetime and owners felt that it was very hard to make up ground during those last two weeks among the league leaders. If teams are tanking at the end of the season, then the top teams have an even easier time of winning games in Weeks 12 and 13. By putting All Play in during Weeks 1 and 2, all 12 teams have full rosters to determine Wins and Losses.

We can add that to the ballot, but I do think that All Play is more competitive and representative during Weeks 1 and 2 when WE KNOW that all 12 teams have competitive rosters than in Weeks 12 and 13 when a few owners may have lost interest to field the best possible team. But again, we can add this to the survey if folks would like.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am

coming over to this topic from the crappy thread i started about a guy throwing his team away .i have a way to keep eveyone playing to the end .lets charge a extra $25 per man per event . then pay out $25 high score each week .not to many would drop out or quit with money to be won .now the $25 would only be weeks 1 to 13 .none in the playoffs .this way everyone would try till the end no matter how bad a season they are having .

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:59 am

got heeem wrote:coming over to this topic from the crappy thread i started about a guy throwing his team away .i have a way to keep eveyone playing to the end .lets charge a extra $25 per man per event . then pay out $25 high score each week .not to many would drop out or quit with money to be won .now the $25 would only be weeks 1 to 13 .none in the playoffs .this way everyone would try till the end no matter how bad a season they are having .
This idea has been brought up before, and while on paper it makes sense, if someone paid $350 (online), or worse $1500 (main event) and is tanking their team, they aren't going to care about winning $25.

I don't think you can ever stop people quitting on teams, but what the guy did this past week can most likely be stopped in the future with the proper language.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 am

$25 adds up when you figure in who many team you play .i have 15 teams lets say i get just 2 per team . thats 15 x 50 = $750 that is no small fee no mater the format .pays for 2 online teams .

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:39 am

I too think teams who quit can be the biggest negative experience in playing a fantasy football league. I have to believe something can be done to improve on the situation. I am not saying I know what it is, but I believe the high level football minds here could come up with something if the topic were openly discussed. I do recall some decent ideas.

Money

Post by Money » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:28 am

I'm usually in the minority but I 'd like to see all play every week with a possible 11-0 or 0-11 record. My first preference though is to do away with h2h all together and just be a straight points contest.
Joe

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:32 am

got heeem wrote:$25 adds up when you figure in who many team you play .i have 15 teams lets say i get just 2 per team . thats 15 x 50 = $750 that is no small fee no mater the format .pays for 2 online teams .
I hear you, and agree with you 100%.

The problem is you are thinking like a rational owner who would never quit on his teams AND has many teams.

The people who "give up", don't have many teams AND lack passion for the game and it's integrity. Anyone who quits after spending $150-$1500 on a team wanted a "quick start" and when it doesn't happen simply gives up.

It is sad, but that is the way it is. :(

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:36 am

Money wrote:I'm usually in the minority but I 'd like to see all play every week with a possible 11-0 or 0-11 record. My first preference though is to do away with h2h all together and just be a straight points contest.
I like this too, Money.

The NFFC used to have satellites that were "straight points", and the problem was people got bored, because generally over half the teams were completely out of it by week 6 or 7. I wouldn't mind playing in one of these if it were offered as a satellite, etc.

I think the NFFC needs an element like H2H to keep more teams involved, and feel they address it better than any contest out there by having a 3 week playoff for the "extra $$". Nothing burns my ass more than playing H2H, where one game can determine whether I cash or not after I have dominated all season long. Over 3 weeks, the better team is the better team. :)