What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

BillyWaz

Re: What Will The First Round Look Like In 2014?

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:26 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:Sorry guys didn't mean to upset anyone. Some of what I said was just because I felt nobody was giving me any credit.
With all due respect David, what you have accomplished here pales in comparison to many around here, and they arent looking for any "credit". Respect is earned around these parts.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:41 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:
chriseibl wrote:I'M THE BEST FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE GAME! WHEN YOU TRY AND OUTDRAFT WITH ME WITH THAT SORRY ASS CHEAT SHEET, THAT'S THE RESULT YOU'RE GOING TO GET! YOU WOULDN'T MAKE THE TOP 20 ON THE CAREER EARNINGS LIST. Y'ALL ARE MEDIOCRE PLAYERS, IF I'D OF KNOWN YOU WERE GOING TO DRAFT DARREN MCFADDEN IN THE 4TH ROUND, I'D HAVE SPENT MY CHECK EARLY.

THIS IS A JOKE, RIGHT?
Actually it was McFadden in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in 3 out of 5 leagues. Looked like somebody liked Darren McFadden to me. Later I am sure his mind changed on McFadden. I can only go by what I witnessed. Like I said prior true success in life is only measured in your happiness. Titles and money mean zilch when you look back on things. Just try to have fun brother. I enjoy fantasy sports but by no means feel I am great at it. I have had fun and won some leagues a long the way. Luck has a major role here. I don't believe anyone can truly master FF.

I can see you're not going to let this go, so I decided to look at my Portfolio spread sheet.

Darren MacFadden ownership NFFC - 6 of 34 Total Teams (4-Online 2-Cutline all drafted in July) = $1,600
NFFC Money Invested - $31,127.50

So I owned DMC on a whopping 6 teams with an investment no higher than $350. I think you are Also you keep using that success quote from a "Clayton Christensen" book like it's your own (Yes, I read Business and success books :D ). Now you are upset that people are forming opinions of you and giving you no credit. Try to earn people's respect rather than demanding it when there is no credit to be given. I'm glad you're having fun playing Fantasy Football, but not sure why you feel that luck has a "major" role here? Here's some advice.... It's OK to be happy for others even when you lose, because it's not all luck all the time. :)
Last edited by The Franchise on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Who would of thought the most excitement these boards of seen would come in the offseason ! haha... over/under till Kennedy gives up on demanding respect from Nelson for his accomplishments is set at 18 pages on this thread... Keep it going boys, its a longggggggg offseason lol

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:36 am

The Franchise wrote:My feeling is if the Giants invest in a big name free agent RB that could be a good indication that they don't see Wilson helping them anytime soon. Also if I'm the GM I need to realize that as long as Coughlin is the HC rookie RB's or young RB's who can't pass protect are not going to play. So one of 2 things needs to happen 1. Fire Coughlin and go with a HC who can coach up young kids 2. Stop investing high draft picks on RB's that you know probably won't play for a couple of years especially if they screw up a couple of times.

I think Johnson would be used in the passing game for sure, but probably wouldn't get every GL carry. Love him or hate him he has been very durable throughout his career and is solid in pass protection
If the Giants haven't given up on Wilson, would a free agent like Tate be a better fit - seeing he can handle goal line (as well as first and second downs)? Then convert Wilson to a pass-catching RB only?

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Sandman62 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:My feeling is if the Giants invest in a big name free agent RB that could be a good indication that they don't see Wilson helping them anytime soon. Also if I'm the GM I need to realize that as long as Coughlin is the HC rookie RB's or young RB's who can't pass protect are not going to play. So one of 2 things needs to happen 1. Fire Coughlin and go with a HC who can coach up young kids 2. Stop investing high draft picks on RB's that you know probably won't play for a couple of years especially if they screw up a couple of times.

I think Johnson would be used in the passing game for sure, but probably wouldn't get every GL carry. Love him or hate him he has been very durable throughout his career and is solid in pass protection
If the Giants haven't given up on Wilson, would a free agent like Tate be a better fit - seeing he can handle goal line (as well as first and second downs)? Then convert Wilson to a pass-catching RB only?

On paper it makes sense, but the issue is that Wilson is not good in pass protection. If anything he would be a better fit as an early down back and have a Woodhead type as the 3rd down and passing down back.

I also think that Tate signs with the Browns. Next year Tate and Lewis will be their 1 2 punch :)

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:27 pm

I sure hope you're right about Browns. We've heard that several times this year too. Sign Tate, draft a QB to throw to Gordon and Cameron and maybe draft another top D-lineman = "Championship?!" :P

Hmm... any chance the Giants pursue Bradshaw again - for a limited role like 3rd downs?

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Sandman62 wrote:I sure hope you're right about Browns. We've heard that several times this year too. Sign Tate, draft a QB to throw to Gordon and Cameron and maybe draft another top D-lineman = "Championship?!" :P

Hmm... any chance the Giants pursue Bradshaw again - for a limited role like 3rd downs?

Always a chance I guess, but now that would be 2 backs with neck issues on the team. A friend of mine who knows an assistant coach on the team told me that higher ups wanted to recommit and get back to being a dominant running team and invest at the position if need be. I'm just trying to connect the dots.

I think Tate is a good solid back who can thrive as a lead back. He never really got a fair chance to do his thing once Foster went down because he played with broken ribs. What the Browns need is a low tier coach who is hungry and wants to prove himself because no one wants that job right now.... :(

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:Always a chance I guess, but now that would be 2 backs with neck issues on the team.
Good, then they can get their money's worth out of investing in a good team neck doctor! ;)
The Franchise wrote:I think Tate is a good solid back who can thrive as a lead back. He never really got a fair chance to do his thing once Foster went down because he played with broken ribs. What the Browns need is a low tier coach who is hungry and wants to prove himself because no one wants that job right now.... :(
I agree. In 2011, he had almost 1000 yards and averaged 5.4, along with 4 TDs. And Foster only missed 3 games! :shock:

For those who haven't heard about GM Lombardi's affection for Tate:
Browns GM Mike Lombardi was high on impending free agent Ben Tate when Tate came out of Auburn in 2010.
We have special insight into Lombardi's past thinking because he wrote for National Football Post before working at NFL Network, and eventually resurfacing in the NFL with Cleveland. Of Tate, Lombardi wrote "He has an ability to hit the hole with a burst and is a one-cut runner," going so far as to predict Tate would win 2010 Rookie of the Year.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5742/ben-tate

The Browns play in a division where solid running and defense can compete. But I think it'll be tough to attract a proven coach, when someone like Chud gets shown the curb after just one season because he didn't win enough - despite them trading away their franchise RB and playing the season with 2nd and 3rd string QBs! :roll: You're probably right - they need an unproven guy with nothing to lose taking the job.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Greg and I posted a first round look at 2014 on our show from Vegas last week. We had John Hansen on the segment as well. He disagreed with my ranking of Eddie Lacy (7th overall). John likes him a lot but not that high. He also said that despite the large number of WRs sure to be available if you're picking in the latter part of the first round he's still likely going to take a RB with one of those two picks. Two guys he likes a lot are Le'Veon Bell and Marshawn Lynch. So don't be surprised if the Guru tells his readers next year to target one of those guys in the first two rounds while others are loading up on WRs.

Here were the Top 12 I listed on our show:

1. Jamaal Charles
2. LeSean McCoy
3. Matt Forte
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Calvin Johnson
6. Jimmy Graham
7. Eddie Lacy
8. Julio Jones
9. Josh Gordon
10. Demaryius Thomas
11. A.J. Green
12. Dez Bryant
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:51 pm

That list looks pretty accurate but you still want to leave Peyton out of the first round ? If Decker leaves in free agency then I can see why maybe he slips out of first round but if offense stays intact Peyton has to be a top 12 pk in my opinion.