$996

Tom Kessenich

Re: $996

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:21 am

Eight game suspension coming for Gordon per Schefty.

Will eight games of an elite WR1 justify the $900+ bids? We shall see but I think I already know the answer. :)
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:24 am

for me...and i didnt bid 900 on him in any league...the fact that he misses have the year...means my bid would have been about 500 knowing what we know now.

obviously if he keeps his nose clean...he is a great threat for the playoffs......but the first 8 weeks do determine a great amount of whether you get there or not:)

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:41 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:Eight game suspension coming for Gordon per Schefty.

Will eight games of an elite WR1 justify the $900+ bids? We shall see but I think I already know the answer. :)

I imagine that needs to include the Bye Week - So that's week 10 before he's on the field - Nope - Too rich for my blood - sorry - Not for 940+

W
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

TR

Post by TR » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:02 am

Any concern about Gordon's schedule after long layoff? Very good Cincy defense TWICE, @ Buffalo where I've been hearing Gilmore could be 1 of the next elite corners, host Houston who should have Clowney back to join Watt in pressuring Manziel/Hoyer...(will they even have the time to heave it downfield to Gordon who could have Jonathan Joseph on him?), and finally AT Carolina...UGH.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:04 am

Coltsfan wrote:I understand Billy. For me the hardest part in running short on FA money is the RB position. It's really important to have your RB's backed up because you can't afford to buy them in the event of injury. Last year in another contest I was doing very well after Doug Martin went down because I had James. But when he went down I didn't have enough money to buy Rainey. I should have been out in front of that one and I wasn't. So you definitely have to have a different approach. It's entirely possible that you can cost yourself more points than what you gained by Gordon if you aren't set up properly at the other positions.

Wayne
Agreed

wiljiro

Post by wiljiro » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:07 am

BillyWaz wrote:
Coltsfan wrote:I understand Billy. For me the hardest part in running short on FA money is the RB position. It's really important to have your RB's backed up because you can't afford to buy them in the event of injury. Last year in another contest I was doing very well after Doug Martin went down because I had James. But when he went down I didn't have enough money to buy Rainey. I should have been out in front of that one and I wasn't. So you definitely have to have a different approach. It's entirely possible that you can cost yourself more points than what you gained by Gordon if you aren't set up properly at the other positions.

Wayne
Agreed

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.........
Ohhhhhhhhh, it's a PROFIT deal!

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:41 am

Just for the record, I didn't spend $996 but a good friend of mine did....And I can't fault him for it.

If the ban is 8 games then he was not worth the $900+ bids. He's worth much less. But if he had played 14 weeks then he was easily worth that amount imho. It's a gamble. If it ends up being 8 games I won't regret any of my bids because I felt like there was a reasonable chance that he played more games. We'll see. I don't mind taking chances and sometimes it works great - other times it doesn't. I still think I can piece together a team with my $20 - $50 remaining monies. I was pretty deep and I know what I'll be looking for on the wire. I just can't play as many matchups at Defense this year.

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:46 am

In my opinion, if he's the difference in you winning your league title or not then he's worth every penny you spent, regardless of the amount. And there's no question in my opinion he has the talent to be that type of difference maker.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:59 am

The $900+ bids can't be too happy today; I'm OK with the $777 & $677 I got him for in my two leagues (was available in a third, but missed $777 to $804). Still get four regular season games (nearly 1/3 of the seasons), plus the three playoff weeks; I was hoping for a reduction to 6-game or less, but can live with eight.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:04 am

Could the national media have gotten the Gordon news more wrong this past week if they tried? Think about it: Last Wednesday Gordon tweeted that he was resigned to missing the whole year and the media followed those reports even though negotiations between the NFLPA and owners was ongoing. Once word got out that a new HGH agreement would be part of the new CBA, reports ran rampant that Gordon could be reinstated and possibly starting on Sunday. Now he's going to miss 8 games?

It seems like everyone is trying to be first with the news rather than really digging for all the facts before breaking a story. And as a result, fans and fantasy owners twist with every new report. Get it right, rather than get it first.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius