AFFL and Question to the NFFC

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
That is how I feel, damn right. No offense to the vast majority of the people here or Greg personally, just one person's opinion. Dave, what has you so upset? Is it the tone of the discussion, or that a competitor/former competitor is allowing discussion on its message boards? [/QUOTE]You asked, so I will give an honest answer. It bothers me that Greg, the owner of NFFC and of this site helps the NFFC message board pile on to the woes of the AFFL, (by noting a word usage error) and then, at the same time, touts the benefits of his league and fast payouts, his upcoming contests, and the growth of the NFFC. (More power to Greg and the NFFC and I appreciate what he is doing for the NFFC.) It is just not something I would do as a business owner, especially when my former competitor is pretty much toast. It is punching someone when they are down. And I really have little sympathy for the AFFL. It just doesn't feel right to me. There you have it. I am sure some people get what I am saying. Sorry Greg, no offense.

[ February 17, 2008, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: Leroy's Aces ]
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Leroy's Aces,

This messageboard is nothing, compared to what I sifted through on those AFFL boards. If I'm going spend big money on high stakes fantasy events, I appreciate people spreading the word about someone who's not paying prize money.

I've seen nothing but copy and pastes of serious ridicule from the AFFL boards, which seems to be closed now. The opinions on these boards are only a reflection of what is happening over there. And in Greg's defense, he's done everything he could to defend the AFFL...

Also, you should check in here more often. The "regulars" really aren't as bad as you may have experienced in the past...I've noticed some decent topics here, as long as it's not involving satellite results/cheat sheets/BWaz Vs. SNAKE/stereotyping messageboard regulars/Jessica Alba... I appreciate your post, Diesel, and you are right. I could have also mentioned that I have noted improvements on this board over the past year, but that was not really the point of that post on FBG.com.

At least you have a message board here. The WCOFF message board is an unmitigated disaster and yet the new owners do not realize that by changing the message board, they ruined it completely. Whatever they paid for "goodwill" in the purchase price of WCOFF has been quietly eroded by steadfastly refusing to go back to the old message board, a fix that some IT guy in India could probably take care of for 700 rupees. The community of the message board and the people that regularly post are the backbone of the event, and the NFFC has that going and going strong, while the WCOFF's board has, for lack of a better phrase, gone into the sh*tter. ;)

[ February 17, 2008, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Leroy's Aces ]
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:49 pm

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
That is how I feel, damn right. No offense to the vast majority of the people here or Greg personally, just one person's opinion. Dave, what has you so upset? Is it the tone of the discussion, or that a competitor/former competitor is allowing discussion on its message boards? [/QUOTE]You asked, so I will give an honest answer. It bothers me that Greg, the owner of NFFC and of this site helps the NFFC message board pile on to the woes of the AFFL, and then, at the same time, touts the benefits of his league and fast payouts, his upcoming contests, and the growth of the NFFC. (More power to Greg and the NFFC and I appreciate what he is doing for the NFFC.) It is just not something I would do as a business owner, especially when my former competitor is pretty much toast. It is punching someone when they are down. And I really have little sympathy for the AFFL. It just doesn't feel right to me. There you have it. I am sure some people get what I am saying. Sorry Greg, no offense.
[/QUOTE]First off, Dave, thanks for the honest response. I guess if you were looking at the situation in a vacuum, your reasoning would make a lot of sense. However, the events surrounding the AFFL could significantly impact the ENTIRE high-stakes fantasy football market. I think Greg should answer this himself, but to me, his comments reflect first and foremost an attempt to protect his own business interests. He was actually defending Neil a week ago, going so far as to remove a thread that may or may not have been factual. With all of the posts on the AFFL and FBG boards, more details have come to light that have left everyone shaking their heads in both dismay and disgust. Like the rest of us, Greg is probably shocked at the multitude of poor decisions made by a fellow game operator.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:02 pm

Nice post over on FBG.com by Leroy's Aces:
Exactly what part of the post was *nice*?

To me it looked like someone making negative comments about the nffc community and the founder (greg) to all the people that read the footballguys forum.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:05 pm

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
That is how I feel, damn right. No offense to the vast majority of the people here or Greg personally, just one person's opinion. Dave, what has you so upset? Is it the tone of the discussion, or that a competitor/former competitor is allowing discussion on its message boards? [/QUOTE]You asked, so I will give an honest answer. It bothers me that Greg, the owner of NFFC and of this site helps the NFFC message board pile on to the woes of the AFFL, and then, at the same time, touts the benefits of his league and fast payouts, his upcoming contests, and the growth of the NFFC. (More power to Greg and the NFFC and I appreciate what he is doing for the NFFC.) It is just not something I would do as a business owner, especially when my former competitor is pretty much toast. It is punching someone when they are down. And I really have little sympathy for the AFFL. It just doesn't feel right to me. There you have it. I am sure some people get what I am saying. Sorry Greg, no offense.
[/QUOTE]First off, Dave, thanks for the honest response. I guess if you were looking at the situation in a vacuum, your reasoning would make a lot of sense. However, the events surrounding the AFFL could significantly impact the ENTIRE high-stakes fantasy football market. I think Greg should answer this himself, but to me, his comments reflect first and foremost an attempt to protect his own business interests. He was actually defending Neil a week ago, going so far as to remove a thread that may or may not have been factual. With all of the posts on the AFFL and FBG boards, more details have come to light that have left everyone shaking their heads in both dismay and disgust. Like the rest of us, Greg is probably shocked at the multitude of poor decisions made by a fellow game operator.
[/QUOTE]Good points and I should not disparage the NFFC on FBG too much due to a minor issue. I deleted my original post on FBG.com.

[ February 17, 2008, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Leroy's Aces ]
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:07 pm

Did I miss something here??? What did Greg say the was even remotely inappropriate?

Wayne

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:10 pm

Dave,

I'm not sure exactly you want people to say about this whole situation. :confused:

First off, I read some of the material on the Football Guys boards, and it is MUCH worse than what is here, so I am not sure if you jumped on them also.

Secondly, AFFL owes me $$, so I am DIRECTLY affected by all of this ridiculous situation.

Finally (and most importantly) Neil is being EXTREMELY deceitful IMO. I realize he is doing what he can to fix what is a colossal mistake, but here are the problems I have....

1) Neil has paid ONE guy he owes cash, because he threatened to take him to court ($150). So the rest of us who are also rightfully owed $$ have to wait because we have chose to be nice and give him some time???? :confused:

2) Neil shuts down his message board for the week because he doesn't want to "spook" potential investors (anyone else feel that these potential investors aren't going to be told the truth as to what is REALLY going on??)

3) After he KNOWS he is clearly falling short on money after the season starts he CONTINUES to run mid-season and playoff contests!!! Add that on the AFFL homepage that they are advertising for 2008 signups, and it just seems like Neil is trying to extort $$$ from anyone he can!!! :mad:

4) Since this very likely (most likely) will end up in court, it will hurt the ENTIRE FANTASY FOOTBALL INDUSTRY!!!! :mad:

I truly do wish Neil luck, but after playing fantasy football for 21 years, I thought I was past the days of "wondering" whether I would get paid or not for what was a "supposed" reputable contest.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:14 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Did I miss something here??? What did Greg say the was even remotely inappropriate? Need a little patients
Mmmmm yeah
Ooooh yeah
Just a little patients
yeahhhhhhhh
Some more patients
yeahhhhhhh

I've been plowing my driveway at night
Just trying to get my kids to school

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Dave,

I'm not sure exactly you want people to say about this whole situation. :confused:

First off, I read some of the material on the Football Guys boards, and it is MUCH worse than what is here, so I am not sure if you jumped on them also.

Secondly, AFFL owes me $$, so I am DIRECTLY affected by all of this ridiculous situation.

Finally (and most importantly) Neil is being EXTREMELY deceitful IMO. I realize he is doing what he can to fix what is a colossal mistake, but here are the problems I have....

1) Neil has paid ONE guy he owes cash, because he threatened to take him to court ($150). So the rest of us who are also rightfully owed $$ have to wait because we have chose to be nice and give him some time???? :confused:

2) Neil shuts down his message board for the week because he doesn't want to "spook" potential investors (anyone else feel that these potential investors aren't going to be told the truth as to what is REALLY going on??)

3) After he KNOWS he is clearly falling short on money after the season starts he CONTINUES to run mid-season and playoff contests!!! Add that on the AFFL homepage that they are advertising for 2008 signups, and it just seems like Neil is trying to extort $$$ from anyone he can!!! :mad:

4) Since this very likely (most likely) will end up in court, it will hurt the ENTIRE FANTASY FOOTBALL INDUSTRY!!!! :mad:

I truly do wish Neil luck, but after playing fantasy football for 21 years, I thought I was past the days of "wondering" whether I would get paid or not for what was a "supposed" reputable contest. Footballguys.com is not a former direct competitor of AFFL and Joe Bryant/Jason Wood were not the ones nit-picking word usage by his former competitor over the mis-use of the word "patience". Maybe Neil did not proofread the sentence, since he is about to default on $800K and will probably have to serve 18 months to 3 years in prison after he gets arrested for a multitude of criminal offenses. (He will likely be facing more time and plea it down - I have seen Law & Order, man, I know how it works!)

Look, I feel for all of the players in this and am not defending this Neil guy AT ALL. At some point though, it gets ridiculous. Hey, here at the NFFC , we pay out on time AND we know how to use words correctly. ;) Look, who cares, it is fine, the NFFC rules, Greg is the man (who pays on time), and we can all go back to ripping on the AFFL again.

God, what an idiot that guy is!

[ February 17, 2008, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Leroy's Aces ]
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:48 pm

quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Did I miss something here??? What did Greg say the was even remotely inappropriate? Need a little patients
Mmmmm yeah
Ooooh yeah
Just a little patients
yeahhhhhhhh
Some more patients
yeahhhhhhh

I've been plowing my driveway at night
Just trying to get my kids to school
[/QUOTE]That is funny. :D
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ